Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Customer Service ever experienced

Options
  • 11-05-2016 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

So EIR decided unilaterally that I was making too many phone calls and cut off my service.
    Was there unpaid bills - no. 
    All the way from Telecom Eireann to Eircom to Eir all bills were paid in full and on time.
    However Eir decided that with the high volume of phone calls a family emergency can generate they would cut phone and broadband off. I had to pay another [font=Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif]€70 to get the service re-established in the middle of a billing cycle. Then it took 48 hours to re-establish the broadband and 96 hours to get the phone back.[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif]Does Sky switch off for watch too much TV?[/font]
    [font=Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif]Does the ESB pull the plug for using too much electricty?[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif]I am absolutely livid at the treatment - how dare a service provider dictate how much you use a service, and then to drag their heels at re-establishing the service.[/font]
    [font=Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif]I am telling everyone to swap provider, Eir were psoitively cruel in their treatment of a customer.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

stoneill wrote: »
    So EIR decided unilaterally that I was making too many phone calls and cut off my service.
    Was there unpaid bills - no. 
    All the way from Telecom Eireann to Eircom to Eir all bills were paid in full and on time.
    However Eir decided that with the high volume of phone calls a family emergency can generate they would cut phone and broadband off. I had to pay another [font=Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif]€70 to get the service re-established in the middle of a billing cycle. Then it took 48 hours to re-establish the broadband and 96 hours to get the phone back.[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif]Does Sky switch off for watch too much TV?[/font]
    [font=Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif]Does the ESB pull the plug for using too much electricty?[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif]I am absolutely livid at the treatment - how dare a service provider dictate how much you use a service, and then to drag their heels at re-establishing the service.[/font]
    [font=Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif]I am telling everyone to swap provider, Eir were psoitively cruel in their treatment of a customer.[/font]
    Hi stoneill,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm afraid an accounts services can be suspended due to high usage. This is to protect the customer from running up a high bill. 
    Prior to the suspension you should have received a text message to the mobile number registered requesting for you to contact the customer care team on 1901. This would have advised of high account usage and possible account suspension due to this this. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused, I can completely understand your frustration surrounding this.

-Pamela 

Advertisement