Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scotch Hall Phase 2 Drogheda - any news?

Options
  • 11-05-2016 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has heard any news on whether the building works are to continue or if the whole thing will be scrapped at this stage. Given that the site has been untouched for 8 or so years and the dilapidated condition it's in (waterlogged foundations, rusty beams, weeds growing) I'd say it will be razed to the ground. I live close by and it's a terrible eyesore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

i haven't heard anything, a quick google of it, im only getting results like in link below
    http://www.independent.ie/regionals/droghedaindependent/news/odowd-vows-to-keep-up-the-fight-for-town-30435438.html
    It should be knocked down at this stage unless some investments are done to actually do something with it

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

Yeah I've heard no news at all in ages. It's disgraceful really the way it's just left there in such a state, it really is horrible to look at. The developer should be forced at this stage to clear the area and make some use of the space, even if it's just to put in more parking spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭uli84

Agreed, pity but there is no demand in any case, rarely ever I see Drogheda shopping centers busy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

there are too many female shops, like only shops id actually go to in scotch hall is Burton's or lifestyle, feck all else there. last time i was in it was Christmas ha

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

I noticed the big sign inside the centre advertising for the cinema has Been painted over, obviously not going to be happening now or any time soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

there are too many female shops, like only shops id actually go to in scotch hall is Burton's or lifestyle, feck all else there. last time i was in it was Christmas ha

All modern shopping centres seem to be targeted at women. There is rarely anything of interest to men.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I noticed the big sign inside the centre advertising for the cinema has Been painted over, obviously not going to be happening now or any time soon

They seemed to reignite all the talk of the cinema when news of the arc arrived, maybe they were trying to scare them off cause not a word since

Advertisement