Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016

• 11-05-2016 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

I'm not going to lie, summer tournaments are my absolute favourite to bet on, especially with outright bets (even though they rarely land), so with Euro 2016 a month away, have a thread!

For outright winners I really like France's squad. In form Goalkeeper in Lloris. Solid midfield. In form attackers. Home tournament for them.

I also have a bit of hipster love for Austria so I might have a outside bet on them at 40/1 on betfair, and I can lay them if they progress.

For top scorer, Kane is in form and that form continued any time he played for England, highest odds 18/1 might be worth an each way bet. Obviously the problem here is how oftne England sh1t the bed in tournaments.

Griezmann too, in excellent form all season can be got at 12/1

Definitely some value to be found out there http://www.oddschecker.com/football/euro-2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭DiarmAFC

Really like England to beat Russia @ 21/20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,912 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Giroud apparently in Deschamps plans to start for France as a partner for Griezmann.

Tipple on him for top scorer will be done I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Espania, 6.5 e/w, 2pl.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

Pelle top Italian scorer at 4/1 looks good odds. Should be up front for them

• Registered Users Posts: 17 josh_96

Griezmann at 12/1 is really good shout, he's been class for atletico this season.

• Advertisement

josh_96 wrote: »
    Griezmann at 12/1 is really good shout, he's been class for atletico this season.

The only thing putting me off is if he plays out on the wing with Giroud up front

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Interesting to see who starts up front for Spain. Going to keep an eye on friendlies for this market

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/euro-2016/spain-euro-2016-specials/top-goalscorer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Austria vs Hungary - Austria win is 17/20

Austria won every game in the qualifying round apart from drawing 1-1 with Sweden. Group wasn't a breeze either, had Sweden and Russia in it. Contrast this with Hungary who had a straightforward group but couldn't beat Romania or Greece, lost to NI at home and worst of all, drew with Finland at home.

Hungary don't have a strong team by any means, they're definitely one of the 3 worst teams in this tournament. I would say they are the worst. Austria are being bigged up a lot lately and rightly so imo. If they have any hope of posing some sort of threat in this tournament they should win this game comfortably. More comfortably than 17/20 suggests. This price should drop leading up to the game. Thoughts would be appreciated.

I don't know much about Austria, but I saw Hungry in the play offs and both they and norway? looked very poor alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Done my first 2 goalscorer bets

Janko e/w at 66/1 for Austria. Their main striker and 3rd top scorer in the Swiss league so far, he's had an injury recently but looking at that group he could easily come out with 3-4 goals all going well.

Milik e/w at 100/1 for Poland. Poland have a tough enough group but Milik was in great form this year for Ajax, if he can replicate that form he could be a good e/w shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Thinking of betting Spain, Germany and France all to win the euros.mixing the amounts for a similar return on each bet.is about a 70% ROI on betfair if one of them win.

According to betfair the combined % chance of any of those nations winning is 58.2% I think it's more like 70-75% so looking to exploit the difference.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Stickied
    And... unfollow... :o

Thank you Danny Blind :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Got on Spain to win it out at 11/2 yesterday. Great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 josh_96

France to win it, griezmann top scorer is what im going for

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Not so optimistic about us winning the Euro, our defense is terrible - Sagna is useless, Evra always sucks with the NT, Koscielny is massively overrated imo and Varane doesn't start for Madrid... Not to mention that our own Messi (Ben Arfa) hasn't been called up to the team, and Gignac who plays in Mexico has been preferred to the likes of Gameiro or Lacazette :pac:

Germany or Spain should win it.

scouttio wrote: »
    For top scorer, Kane is in form and that form continued any time he played for England, highest odds 18/1 might be worth an each way bet. Obviously the problem here is how oftne England sh1t the bed in tournaments.
    ]

If history counted for anything Leicester wouldn't have won the league.

I'm somewhat interested in a particular teams history(relative to continuity) but to be fair to England, this is about as close to a new team as possible.

They also had a beyond impressive qualifying campaign and as most of these tournaments go, they'll get to the latter stages.

With that in mind, I think I'll have a punt of them. Things don't seem to be on an upward trend as much with the rest with Spain and Germany probably a touch back on previous years among others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Will Martial start for France looking at him as a bet for top scorer.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Will Martial start for France looking at him as a bet for top scorer.

More than likely, no.

Giroud main striker up front with Griezmann & Payet supporting him. Déschamps is a big fan of Giroud.

Pogba, Matuidi & Kanté mids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Does anyone know if the Racing Post does a Euro special, the same way they do with the world cup? And if so, when is it out?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Does anyone know if the Racing Post does a Euro special, the same way they do with the world cup? And if so, when is it out?

Out the last 4 weeks. Got mine in supervalu, interestingly there strongly tipping Austria as dark horses along with a couple on this thread.

• Advertisement

gstack166 wrote: »
    Out the last 4 weeks. Got mine in supervalu, interestingly there strongly tipping Austria as dark horses along with a couple on this thread.

Ive never actually got the betting guide, is it worth it?
    I actually meant a pullout type thing that comes free with the paper, but could go with the guide if it was good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Ive never actually got the betting guide, is it worth it?
    I actually meant a pullout type thing that comes free with the paper, but could go with the guide if it was good

It's more or less the same thing but they go in depth with stats in the guide and there's other features also, if you want to just solely get there outright tips ie winners & top scorers then I'd wait for the pull out, they normally do pullout a the weds day before tournaments start I think.

I think Ozil could be in with a good shout of player of the tournament. Germany more than likely will do well and I reckon he will be a big reason for that. 25/1 on betfair

Griezman looks like a good pick @17 bet365. France have a good team and an easy group, he'll probably score a few, go deep in the competition, he's got skills to make it into highlights reels, he might be coming off a champ league winner will increase the focus on him.

Harry kane is 9/4 to be top England scorer. I think he's in with a shout at overall top scorer, never mind England's! Seems great value to me

France & Albania to make it out of Group A @ 7.00

Does anyone else like Kyle Lafferty to be northern Ireland's top scorer at 6/1?

France & Albania to make it out of Group A @ 7.00

Is this a dual forecast or really just to qualify?

Austria! wrote: »
    Is this a dual forecast or really just to qualify?

Just to qualify

• Advertisement

Looks good with Romania and Switzerland in the group and the chance no 3 also qualify.
    Recent Albania results have me worried a bit though.
    If they had been in the same kind of form as in the early qualifying stages, i wouldnt thnk 2x for that @7

inforfun wrote: »
    Looks good with Romania and Switzerland in the group and the chance no 3 also qualify.
    Recent Albania results have me worried a bit though.
    If they had been in the same kind of form as in the early qualifying stages, i wouldnt thnk 2x for that @7

Actually the bet is to finish in the first 2, had no idea the 3rd placed team could also qualify.

Actually the bet is to finish in the first 2, had no idea the 3rd placed team could also qualify.

Yes, same as in a few WC in the past that had 24 teams, 16 do qualify.

So the group stages will be bread and butter for you > unders and boring **** galore

inforfun wrote: »
    Yes, same as in a few WC in the past that had 24 teams, 16 do qualify.

So the group stages will be bread and butter for you > unders and boring **** galore

awesome :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

I remember placing bets on group tricast accumulators two years ago for the World Cup, and luckily winning a few bets. Today, I was trying to place some group tricast accumulators for the Euro 2016 on Paddy Power, but could only do singles.

Anyone know if they stopped offering these?

Cant access paddy while at work but googling group tricast gives me hits to paddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Sky bet have a an offer that if you put 10 on the winner you get a free 3 euro bet every time they win a game.
    Going through anyway(eg pens) in a K.O round counts as a win too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Does anyone else like Kyle Lafferty to be northern Ireland's top scorer at 6/1?

Where is this price being offered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

I remember placing bets on group tricast accumulators two years ago for the World Cup, and luckily winning a few bets. Today, I was trying to place some group tricast accumulators for the Euro 2016 on Paddy Power, but could only do singles.

Anyone know if they stopped offering these?

I posted this on the DAILY ACCUMULATOR THREAD III it works but not paddypower try skybet, bet365, betvictor, betfair all work but check odds theres a huge margin if won!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

I posted this on the DAILY ACCUMULATOR THREAD III it works but not paddypower try skybet, bet365, betvictor, betfair all work but check odds theres a huge margin if won!
    Thank you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Thinking of backing 2 players for top goalscorer with pp

Will put 12.5 on e/w on each, 1/4 on 1,2,3,4. Any match they score in, free 5 bet.

Lewandowski, 16, Giroud 16 and Ibrahim 33/1 are ones I'm considering, thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Milik for top Polish goalscorer is IMO overpriced, 6.50/1 (bet365, didn't check other bookies) comparing to 1.6 for Lewandowski. He usually find pockets of space behind Lewy who's occupying opposite central defenders and can use his sweet left foot.

21 goals in Eredivisie this season and 6 goals in qualifications (including one against Germany). He seems healthy and in good shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

I'm already on Milik ew at 100/1.

Why have the odds on Giroud to be top scorer gone from 17 to 41?

Austria! wrote: »
    Why have the odds on Giroud to be top scorer gone from 17 to 41?

Not sure where you're seeing this. He is best priced @ 20s

He's 41 for player of the tournament, is that what you were looking at by mistake instead of top scorer?

scouttio wrote: »
    He's 41 for player of the tournament, is that what you were looking at by mistake instead of top scorer?

Mystery solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Just got the Austria v Hungary tip 3/4 now before prices changed dramatically - This to me is the absolute banker of the 1st round of games

France vs Romania
    Belgium vs Ireland (sorry!)
    Spain vs Turkey

bolded teams to win @ 3.11, hard to see any of these teams not win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Muller, Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Kane, Ibra, Bale and Dzyuba all to be their country's top scorers.

It's quite a longshot but at 200/1 I couldn't not stick €1 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

I've had my eye on this bet for a while and have just moved on it.

Taken Nolito as top scorer @41.00 EW on Bet365 (EW pays 4 places)

He was @67 on Hills earlier today according to oddschecker but that's gone now.

Had a great season. He scored two in the last friendly Spain played a few days ago. They are playing South Korea at present and he's already scored another two.

Spain look well up for goals and attacking football at the moment. Don't think they'll pass the ball all day and keep it at 2-0

Worth a punt in my opinion.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement