Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Help/Advice

Options
  • 11-05-2016 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi so I'm sitting the JC this year, didnt do too well in my mocks. 1 A (CSPE) 4 B's (French, History, Business, Religion) 5 C's (Spanish, Irish, English, Geography, Science) 1 D (Math)
    (All Higher Level btw)

So chances are I'll get a definite A in Business, CSPE, History (God willing) , and Religion.

I got a bare B in French so hopefully I can get the A.

I got two bare C's in Irish and Science so hopefully I'll get B's in those.

I will be so happy and grateful if I got a C in Maths.

I'm in a constant, unhealthy state of stress and I'm always saying I'll be lucky if I make it out alive, but when I come home from school everyday, I feel unmotivated and lazy about work. For example, it's nearly seven o clock on May 11 (less than a month away till it starts) and I haven't started my hw or study yet and I have two tests tomo. Every night i can't get to sleep because I feel so mad at myself for not doing much, and when I see others in my class do better than me I feel mad because I feel like I deserve the good grade. Don't get me wrong, I am a good student most of the time (I usually get 6-8 A's in Xmas or summer tests) but I really can't get over this slump that I'm facing dangerously close to the exams.

So any advice? Also I know people say how the JC doesn't matter and I know it really doesn't but I'm in a v good class with people who are probably going to get around the 10 A's margin. Also my best friend is extremely good at school (she's expecting 97% plus in maths) and I have a general sense of competitiveness when it comes to others. Also does anyone know if the JC results put you in your fifth year class? (I'm doing TY btw) because I'd really REALLY hate it if I got into an average class in fifth year, because I know I'm better

I'm really stressed out about it because the JC means a lot for me, it would be a real consolation if someone could tell me if your 5th year classes depend on your summer results from TY

I also apologise for using this thread as therapy but I'm in an awful state about these bloody exams!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Majella01 wrote: »
    Hi so I'm sitting the JC this year, didnt do too well in my mocks. 1 A (CSPE) 4 B's (French, History, Business, Religion) 5 C's (Spanish, Irish, English, Geography, Science) 1 D (Math)
    (All Higher Level btw)

So chances are I'll get a definite A in Business, CSPE, History (God willing) , and Religion.

I got a bare B in French so hopefully I can get the A.

I got two bare C's in Irish and Science so hopefully I'll get B's in those.

I will be so happy and grateful if I got a C in Maths.

I'm in a constant, unhealthy state of stress and I'm always saying I'll be lucky if I make it out alive, but when I come home from school everyday, I feel unmotivated and lazy about work. For example, it's nearly seven o clock on May 11 (less than a month away till it starts) and I haven't started my hw or study yet and I have two tests tomo. Every night i can't get to sleep because I feel so mad at myself for not doing much, and when I see others in my class do better than me I feel mad because I feel like I deserve the good grade. Don't get me wrong, I am a good student most of the time (I usually get 6-8 A's in Xmas or summer tests) but I really can't get over this slump that I'm facing dangerously close to the exams.

So any advice? Also I know people say how the JC doesn't matter and I know it really doesn't but I'm in a v good class with people who are probably going to get around the 10 A's margin. Also my best friend is extremely good at school (she's expecting 97% plus in maths) and I have a general sense of competitiveness when it comes to others. Also does anyone know if the JC results put you in your fifth year class? (I'm doing TY btw) because I'd really REALLY hate it if I got into an average class in fifth year, because I know I'm better

I'm really stressed out about it because the JC means a lot for me, it would be a real consolation if someone could tell me if your 5th year classes depend on your summer results from TY

I also apologise for using this thread as therapy but I'm in an awful state about these bloody exams!!

"Summer results" from TY? :confused: Does your school do exams in TY? I have never seen a school that does exams in TY. Bro, your JC results do not matter at the end of the day - I am doing mine too in June. The only thing that I can see them help you with is the choice of levels for the LC. For example, if you do ordinary Maths for the JC, you can only choose between OL or FL for the LC whilst if you do higher, you have a wider choice. Other than that, I see no point of the results.

DO NOT GET STRESSED! I can't emphasize how much this is important. I used to be exceptionally stressed but I calmed over time and these days, I couldn't give a **** what I get - normally because I always eventually pass at least (I have only gotten one fail in me life). I used to stress a lot even over a simple class test but these days, I do not study for them at all. Look at recent class tests for example and I did not study at all:

French - 98%, 92%, 95%, 89%
    Irish - 100%, 100%, 100%, 91%
    Maths - 72%, 83%
    Geography - 81%
    History - 79%
    Science - 68%
    English - 98%, 100%
    Business Studies - 96%
    Music - 100%

I feel like laughing at myself for stressing hahaha. The tests are so damn easy. I am telling you now this: Who cares what your friends get? Did you pass? Did you get an honour? Then be proud of yourself! After all, you took a risk on a test and you should be proud of that even if you fail. DO NOT LET RESULTS TELL YOU WHO YOU ARE! For example, I'm a songwriter / musician and a person who's obsessed with Geography and see me mock results

Music: 64%
    Geography: 66%

^ See, it's just a matter of what comes up on the paper. I repeat this again: DO NOT LET RESULTS TELL YOU WHO YOU ARE.

+

If you don't want a bad result and a weep, then you need a good night sleep! - My little phrase hahaha. But seriously, I am for real with everything I'm telling you here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Majella01

Thanks for replying, I know I should really calm down. And ya the TY in my school definetely do summer exams (not too sure about Christmas). It doesn't matter anyway because I've heard now that it's definetely your JC that puts you in your fifth year class. I'll try and just do my best and que sera sera :)

Advertisement