Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Resuming disk install on Steam??

• 11-05-2016 7:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭

So I bit the bullet and installed Win 10 today and am just at the point of getting Steam games back on.

Installing Shadow of Mordor and it fell over at the point of looking for the 4th disk. My dvd drive forgot it existed apparently. It's back now and the game is half installed in steam but the only option I have is to complete the install via download, which isn't an option for me on my connection tbh.

Is there a way to restart the install at the point of disk 4, or dump the files off the remaining disks into a folder in steam??

**Edit**

Ok so it seems the Steam installer is fairly smart in that if you start from the beginning with disk 1, it will verify the presence of those files and skip through each disk quickly. Again, I get to disk 4 and it won't accept it.

I see that the problem is that my Dvd drive keeps becoming undetected/unrecognised and it seems to happen at this stage of the install. When I reboot the machine, it appears back in the device manager and when I go through the Steam installer again, it becomes unrecognised again, causing the process to stop.

It seems this is a Windows 10 issue. Could a mod please move this to the Windows forum maybe? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Loads of stuff on Google about Windows 10 and DVD drives, including some suggested solutions. Have you tried manually installing a driver for your DVD drive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Found out it was actually the install disk itself. I decided to make ISOs of all the disks and install them with the inbuilt virtual drive thing in Win 10. When I was creating the ISO for Disk 3, it got stuck half way through. Tried it on a laptop running Win 7 with the same result.
    Disk looks flawless too.

Have sent it back now for a replacement and in the mean time I've let Steam download it. Will take an age but may put up with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

What is this disc you speak of?

Advertisement