Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting from Wicklow Town to Dublin City Centre

• 11-05-2016 7:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at moving back to Wicklow this September (after 16 years away) and was wondering what the best options are in terms of a commute to the centre of Dublin? I know that road is a lot better than it was in 2000.

I could drive, but I've seen how gummed up those roads get! Is the train or bus my best option?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

Drive to DART in Greystones/Bray might be good solution (I had looked at it when looking at moving to WT).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

xshayx wrote: »
    Drive to DART in Greystones/Bray might be good solution (I had looked at it when looking at moving to WT).

Ha, that's what we used to do when I lived there as a kid! It seems that things haven't changed that much ... hopefully the drive to Bray is quicker though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Mr. K wrote: »
    Ha, that's what we used to do when I lived there as a kid! It seems that things haven't changed that much ... hopefully the drive to Bray is quicker though.

Greystones would be a better option with the free "Park and Ride" carpark there.

Or why not get the train all the way from Wicklow Town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

drake70 wrote: »
    lOr why not get the train all the way from Wicklow Town.

Yeah, this seems like the best option. The idea of braving that Dublin traffic every day isn't appealing, even for the flexibility that having a car would give me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'm also relocating to Wicklow after many years away and am trying to decide the best way to commute to ifsc. I can get the 133 bus from Ashford but I'm not sure if the bus drops off and picks up at ifsc.

The dart from grey stones is a possibility but the 133 bus would be the most cost effective and shortest public transport commute. It's a bit of a pain however if the bus only drops off at customs house and picks up at George's quay.

Does anyone use the bus to commute to ifsc area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

I'm also relocating to Wicklow after many years away and am trying to decide the best way to commute to ifsc. I can get the 133 bus from Ashford but I'm not sure if the bus drops off and picks up at ifsc.

The dart from grey stones is a possibility but the 133 bus would be the most cost effective and shortest public transport commute. It's a bit of a pain however if the bus only drops off at customs house and picks up at George's quay.?

the IFSC is only a couple hundred meters away?

10 min walk for me in the morning from customs house quay and 15 min walk to George's quay.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

The 133 does stop outside the IFSC. I used to get it to and from there myself. I don't think that there is any visible BE sign at either stop but the buses will stop. I can't remember exactly where the bus stops to drop off but it collects across from the A&L Goodbody offices. I think there might still be a red pole there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Vic_08

10 min walk for me in the morning from customs house quay and 15 min walk to George's quay.

Not sure where it is you are going that is 10 from Custom Hse and 15 from George's Quay but the 133 continues down North Wall Quay to Point and Port Tunnel and will drop off at stops (maybe not all) on the route. Ask driver on way in which stops they use to pick-up at on return.

Perfect! Thanks for the replies. It'll make it a lot easier if the bus can stop further down the north wall quay. I work beside the 3 arena so to be pedantic the walk to George's quay is 13 minutes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement