Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuchal scan?

Options
  • 11-05-2016 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me are these done as standard?
    I'm only booked in for a 20 weeks scan as far as I know. I though Nuchal was earlier.
    And I got good harmony test result which I thought was enough, but Google tells me other things get picked up by Nuchal scan??? Should I do both?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭DSN

they are not done as standard in this country & need to be done between 11-14 weeks. But I don't know why you'd need it if you've done the harmony that covers what the nuchal looks for & with more accuracy? The 20 week anomaly will look at the major organs & measure limbs & things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Thanks that what I was wondering as I just read harmony doesn't test for some stuff the scan does?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Thanks that what I was wondering as I just read harmony doesn't test for some stuff the scan does?

To the best of my knowledge the Harmony test covers off pretty much everything.

Advertisement