Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schmidt and Bender scope advice

Options
  • 11-05-2016 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All,

I have a Ruger American 308 WIN calibre, anyone can advice me what kind of scope & Silencer suit's my Rifle please.

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭freddieot

I know George Fawcett in CG Hobbies, Leixlip has a few PMIIs in stock. He had one 12-50x56, a couple of 4-16s, a 5-25 the last time I was there. Not too sure about 3-12 as I was looking for a higher mag myself but he has mostly S&B in stock as far as I could see.

He is on 087-6434806. Prices are usually fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭FISMA.

vladsniper wrote: »
    ...anyone can advice me what kind of scope ... suit's my Rifle please.

Welcome aboard and congrats on finding this forum with your first post.

What do you plan to do with the rifle/scope on day 1: hunt, paper, precision, long range, short, medium, general merriment...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 vladsniper

I plan to Hunt & Long range

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

PM II Ultra Short is my suggestion

Hi,

I would love to have one of this, but my budget at the moment it's not so high.

I found in the shop second hand S & B 8x56 for €550.

Thank you anyway for the the yours one.

• Advertisement

Just a heads up, maybe you're aware, but the 8x56 does not have target turrets afaik so your ability to use it as a long range scope will be extremely limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Hi,

I would love to have one of this, but my budget at the moment it's not so high.

I found in the shop second hand S & B 8x56 for €550.

Thank you anyway for the the yours one.

Just to let you know, you can buy a brand New S & B 8x56 Hungarian for €501 from the UK.

No I don't want Hungarian bc it's not original like German the lentils are plastic.

I prefer to buy S & B Made in Germany original.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

No I don't want Hungarian bc it's not original like German the lentils are plastic.

Do you mean the lens are plastic? If so I'd love to hear where you heard that.

The components of both the German and Hungarian are identical. The reason for the lower cost is the assembly takes place in Hungary.

You obviously know more about schmidt and bender lens though.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

amadablam is correct, all the components are the same the price difference is primarily due to the cheaper labour cost in Hungary. I call it Schmidt snobbery :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Rosahane

I think I read somewhere that ALL the S&B fixed focus scopes are made in Hungary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Jayzesake

Rosahane wrote: »
    I think I read somewhere that ALL the S&B fixed focus scopes are made in Hungary.

S&B make both fixed and variable power scopes in both Germany and Hungary now, AFAIK.

There ya go:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057599354

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭philog

Schmidt and bender 8 x56 in Atlantic sports in carlow for 400 ...perfect condition and made in Germany,,,,

Advertisement