Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westport cinema (old thread)

• 11-05-2016 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭

I read a couple of months back in the press that Westport Cinema was to re-open. Nothing seems to be happening yet. Anyone have any info?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭irishgeo

the company is still active on the companies regsiter and filed 2015 accounts back in march

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Manchegan

Lots of work happening, it appears. Re-opening imminent.

Be sure to make the most of it when it does - don't want to lose it again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Manchegan wrote: »

Oh excellent news, I though the whole think had been shelved. As for making the most of it I will be travelling from a town with a cinema in favour of Westport from now on !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Manchegan wrote: »

I peeked in though the curtains yesterday and other that a step ladder and things falling out of the ceiling I see nothing going on there whatsoever. Not holding my breath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

Yeah I heard a few weeks ago it was set for beginning of September, but if it's as you say then it doesn't seem to have come to fruition this time either.

It's a terrible shame to have it sat there doing nothing, hope it does open again but won't believe it until I see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Heard it might be reopening soon, hope it's true! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,309 ✭✭✭plodder

I heard it has re-opened. When did that happen?

‘Why do you sit out here all alone?’ said Alice…..
    ‘Why, because there’s nobody with me!’ cried Humpty Dumpty.‘Did you think I didn’t know the answer to that?’

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Must be almost a year. I've been going to Westport Film Club screenings there since early this year.

Advertisement