Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shy bladder

• 11-05-2016 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Gone anon for this... This problem can't just effect me. Standing at the urinal in a packed bathroom and nothing will happen. Shy bladder? . This problem only happens when in public bathrooms.

I can't be suffering alone!!! Anyone have any advise to overcome this?
    (Not looking for medial advice, just to start a discussion)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Think about something unrelated to the fact that you're trying to take a piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Used to suffer a lot with this when I was younger.

What I found works is just take a slow deep breath through your nose, that loosens the diaphragm and the midrif which helps the flow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Used to have this a lot too but it's eased up. Not entirely sure why, tbh. I have had a lot of problems with social anxiety so I imagine they're related.

I just try and block out what's around me, focus on something unrelated and it seems to come.

Easier said than done I know but thinking about it just makes it worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Used to have this when I was younger, 2 things helped, either waiting till I was really bursting or as was said a few deep relaxing breaths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Count lines on the tiles in front of you, or multiply and divide arbitrary numbers. That always works for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

On a related matter, a mate of mine suffers badly with this. To the point that if someone even speaks to him he gets stage fright.

He made the mistake of telling myself and another guy one night when we were out for pints so we synchronized our pit stops with him just to annoy him.

Even if he went into a cubicle and you called his name the brakes come on. We tortured him for about an hour then let him off.

We are bad friends.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Go and see your GP. It could be any number of thongs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Just stage fright, wouldn't be worried

21/25

Advertisement