Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get the other mock for practice?

Options
  • 12-05-2016 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

So I did the DEB mocks in February and really want to do the examcraft ones for more practice. Unfortunately though they don't let you order them as a student - you have to be a teacher. Is there any way I can obtain a copy of them?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,190 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ask someone in another school?

You're better off doing old SEC papers. They are set to a higher standard than those issued by the mock businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jack55

All of the schools where I live did the DEB mock unfortunately.

And the only thing about the SEC ones is that I've done almost all of the questions out of them - so picking a full paper isn't going to emulate the real thing y'know, they'll be too familiar. I want a new one I've never seen before, even if it's not necessarily the most accurate representation of the SEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,300 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If you hang on about a month, you'll get a load of free ones from the dept.

Yeah I s'pose you're right. Might wait a few years & I'll have about 4/5 SEC ones by that stage - & I'll retake the LC then.

On a serious note though - you should not have to rely on teachers to buy you a €1 exam paper at this stage of the year. It's stupid. They could probably make a fair bit of money selling them to students.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Robbiert

Jack55 wrote: »
    Yeah I s'pose you're right. Might wait a few years & I'll have about 4/5 SEC ones by that stage - & I'll retake the LC then.

On a serious note though - you should not have to rely on teachers to buy you a €1 exam paper at this stage of the year. It's stupid. They could probably make a fair bit of money selling them to students.

They can, and do. (at least examcraft anyway) lookup www(dot)pastpapers(dot)ie
    Past mocks back to 2005, at the price of usually €1 a pop.

• Advertisement

@Robbiert - You're a hero. Thanks a mil man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

Could your teacher not give them? We got the DEB papers after our mocks for English, Maths, Accounting and DCG.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,190 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Both companies usually send samples to the schools. Not in every subject, but usually English is one of the samples.

Advertisement