Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's being built beside the roundabout in Finisklin?

Options
  • 12-05-2016 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

Anybody know? It's across the road from the An Post depot.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

I passed there two days ago and noticed that they are building three exits off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Delta7

Hi It supposed to be a factory

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Ida reckon that there are not enough empty units in the place so are adding one more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Maybe it is cheaper to add new one than rent:)

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

I heard Aldi are opening a store there. I don't know if they will close their Cranmore store or have two in town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Think its something to do with the IDA. Was mention of investment there during the Election Debates. Dont get it my self, considering there is already an empty development beside it, and other empty factory buildings on the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Delta7

Hi all, friend said was on Ocean FM that American company wanted it built as they are opening Factory producing pharmaceuticals, its creating jobs and apparently should be employing 160 once gets up and running, good news for area especially with loss of Elanco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

"Factory for foreign investment".

Personally I'd much prefer an Aldi with a bigger car park, but any new employment in the area is very welcome.

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/sligochampion/news/new-factory-being-built-in-finisklin-will-be-earmarked-for-foreign-investment-34597057.html

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mojopin10

Definitely not an aldi not allowed a supermarket that distance out of town centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

hopefully it gets a good tenant what with elanco going to be wrapped up soon enough the business park will need it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

mojopin10 wrote: »
    Definitely not an aldi not allowed a supermarket that distance out of town centre

Yet some brain box in Sligo co co decided to give planning permission on a half acre site in the middle of Canmore

Advertisement