Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frank de Boer and Ajax part ways

• 12-05-2016 8:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭

Was coming after 6 years, 4 league titles.

First 3 titles were nothing other than impressive wit hall the crap that went on at the top of the club. Cruijff's so called velvet revolution after they had been played off the pitch by real Madrid in the CL.

Was never going to be "velvet" with Van Gaal sticking his nose in and wat too many other things happening .
    In that hornets nest being able to win the league 4x in a row with not always the strongest squad i nthe Eredivise was a job well done.

And then came last sunday where he subbed his top scorer centre forward for a winger while in desperate need of a winner against De Graafschap.
    Not one of Frank's finest moments

While as a Feyenoord supporter i have a healthy dislike for everything Ajax and Frank de Boer as a player, i actually started to appreciate the man when he came on the scene as a manager at Ajax.
    Still dislike Ajax of course.

Most likely will take a sabbatical now (De Boer, not me) but you are free to speculate which team will pick him up.....

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wasn't his agent saying he'd love to manage a club like Everton recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Speculation enough but whether that is because some of those clubs are or become available (Valencia, Everton) or those clubs are really interested and he is really interested, i dont know.

Losing the title last sunday hit him hard so i think that story about a sabbatical isnt too far stretched

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

He'll do a good job at Everton. Money to spend in the summer as well I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

4/6 currently to join Everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He'll be in the premier league next season, no doubt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement