Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S7 overheating

Options
  • 12-05-2016 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S7 on a contract with yourselves on the 16th of March 2016.  Six weeks thereafter the phone started to overheat with rapid battery depletion of battery power.  I returned the phone to Meteor/Eir Liffey Valley (where purchased) who took the phone back for repair.  On collecting my phone on Wednesday the 10th of May, I was informed that the motherboard had been replaced in the phone and effectively the phone was new.  Within 3 hours the phone started to overheat with rapid battery depletion again, leading me to believe that (a) the phone was never repaired in the first place or (b) it is a faulty phone.  The sales consultation took my phone again I informed the sales consultation that all faith in the phone was gone.  I was now concerned to have that phone in my home as it was a fire hazard and required a brand new phone.  Kindly inform me why there seems to be so much hassle in getting a new phone.  I have already consented to the phone being repaired once, the phone was only six weeks only - at this stage I feel as a service provider you are not providing much of a service to me as I paid for a new phone which I don't have one while still paying for my service plan so I am not receiving the full contract benefits from yourselves.  Also when the phone is potentially a fire hazard how it can not be replaced instantly as clearly at this stage there is an issue with the phone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

evelyno123 wrote: »
    I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S7 on a contract with yourselves on the 16th of March 2016.  Six weeks thereafter the phone started to overheat with rapid battery depletion of battery power.  I returned the phone to Meteor/Eir Liffey Valley (where purchased) who took the phone back for repair.  On collecting my phone on Wednesday the 10th of May, I was informed that the motherboard had been replaced in the phone and effectively the phone was new.  Within 3 hours the phone started to overheat with rapid battery depletion again, leading me to believe that (a) the phone was never repaired in the first place or (b) it is a faulty phone.  The sales consultation took my phone again I informed the sales consultation that all faith in the phone was gone.  I was now concerned to have that phone in my home as it was a fire hazard and required a brand new phone.  Kindly inform me why there seems to be so much hassle in getting a new phone.  I have already consented to the phone being repaired once, the phone was only six weeks only - at this stage I feel as a service provider you are not providing much of a service to me as I paid for a new phone which I don't have one while still paying for my service plan so I am not receiving the full contract benefits from yourselves.  Also when the phone is potentially a fire hazard how it can not be replaced instantly as clearly at this stage there is an issue with the phone.
    Hi evelyno123,

Thank you for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear of the difficulty with your phone. The contract you have signed is for a mobile service which is still being provided.
    Would you be able to PM your number and PIN and we can liaise with the store to determine the status of your repair and see was anything noted regarding it. 
    Again, I apologise for the trouble you have had with the phone to date. If you PM your number and PIN I will do all I can to get further information for you.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 evelyno123

Pamela,

Unfortunately you are wrong. The contract does include the phone as I was told that if I would not get the phone for the price I paid for unless I signed up to the specific contract hence the phone is part of the contract.  My contract is with you and under the Sales of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980. I am entitled to a replacement of phone as it was not repaired properly in the first place and not fit for purpose.  I have not had my phone for two out of the eight weeks and continue not to have my phone.  Under the Sales of Goods and Supply of Services Act I am entitled to repair, which I already did to not available, replacement or rescind the contract.  My contract is with you not with Samsung to no matter what you tell me legislation provides that you must replace the phone not Samsung.  You must take care of me first and then take up the issue with Samsung yourselves.  I have checked my rights legally and am prepared to take this to the small claims Court.  If you can help with this issue I am PM my number and pin to you.  The phone is clearly not fit for purpose and I require a new phone.

Thanking you.

Evelyn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

evelyno123 wrote: »
    Pamela,

Unfortunately you are wrong. The contract does include the phone as I was told that if I would not get the phone for the price I paid for unless I signed up to the specific contract hence the phone is part of the contract.  My contract is with you and under the Sales of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980.  I am entitled to a replacement of phone as it was not repaired properly in the first place and not fit for purpose.  I have not had my phone for two out of the eight weeks and continue not to have my phone.  Under the Sales of Goods and Supply of Services Act I am entitled to repair, which I already did to not available, replacement or rescind the contract.  My contract is with you not with Samsung to no matter what you tell me legislation provides that you must replace the phone not Samsung.  You must take care of me first and then take up the issue with Samsung yourselves.  I have checked my rights legally and am prepared to take this to the small claims Court.  If you can help with this issue I am PM my number and pin to you.  The phone is clearly not fit for purpose and I require a new phone.

Thanking you.

Evelyn.
    I can see you have sent a PM evelyno123I'll be back to you shortly.

-Pamela 

Advertisement