Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the best place to go & get a phone unlocked

Options
  • 12-05-2016 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a Canadian phone that I am looking to get unlocked to allow my Irish sim to work with. Where would be the best place to go to? Would prefer if they could do it then and there rather than head back into town a day or two later!

I seen a website called The Unlock Team but a bit hesitant to go with them

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Hi,

I have a Canadian phone that I am looking to get unlocked to allow my Irish sim to work with. Where would be the best place to go to? Would prefer if they could do it then and there rather than head back into town a day or two later!

I seen a website called The Unlock Team but a bit hesitant to go with them

Any advice?

What type of phone is it? You can usually get a code on ebay to do it officially with a very speedy turn around time

• Registered Users Posts: 82,649 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Talbot Street or Moore Street, other than that try searching for an unlocking service for that model on Ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

griffdaddy wrote: »
    What type of phone is it? You can usually get a code on ebay to do it officially with a very speedy turn around time

Its a HTC, what would you search in ebay?

"Phone unlocking code for HTC"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Yeah exactly. Just type HTC M7 unlock code or whatever the model is. Pick one with loads of feedback. Should be less than a fiver. Probably about 3 quid

Cheers Griff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Not sure if they would have an option for a phone locked to a Canadian carrier, but I had great success using www.fastgsm.com to unlock a couple of phones before. Can't recall pricing or time though I'm afraid.

Soundman wrote: »
    Not sure if they would have an option for a phone locked to a Canadian carrier, but I had great success using www.fastgsm.com to unlock a couple of phones before. Can't recall pricing or time though I'm afraid.

I got it sorted yesterday. Went through ebay with a crowd called mobunlocking. Cost me €2.50 for a code, and got it within 30 mins. Great service!

Advertisement