Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2017

Options
  • 12-05-2016 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

So who`s with me?
    I`m 6 weeks tomorrow, friday, due January 6th.
    Miscarried in feburary so hoping this one snuggles in.
    I`ve got the slight nausea and sore/tingly boobs so it`s looking good, plus I`ve done about 3 tests per day in the last 2 weeks :-)
    It`ll be my 3rd baby, got a girl 2.5 and boy 3.5 yr old, as long as there`re healthy i don`t mind what the sex is and i`d like to keep it as a surprise!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Congrats! Can't believe there;s a 2017 group now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Aw congrats from the December group Fri.day

Wow, can't believe we have a 2017 group. Pop over to us in December if you fancy a chat while you are waiting on all the new members. I was a few weeks waiting when I started it, but now there are loads of us xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Kantava

Im due on 30 December so could easily roll into January.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Welcome - lovely to see a 2017 thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I think I'm in the club now!!

First pregnancy, got a surprise BFP this morning... Took two more tests in work and I'm in shock!! But delighted!

Based on my last period, I'm due Jan 17ty but obviously need to see a doctor to confirm. When should we do that?

Dying to tell everyone and finding it so hard to keep schtum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Myself and the fiance have been trying to conceive for a grand total of 3 weeks and I had 2 BFP's on Saturday! I am only about 2 weeks gone and I calculated my due date as 21st January. I told my family and his but finding it hard not to tell anyone else! It's just so soon :)

Congrats rawn!! You're in the same boat as me... We only started trying at the end of April and we got lucky.

I've been to see my GP today, who confirmed due date of 19th Jan.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!

Congrats rawn!! You're in the same boat as me... We only started trying at the end of April and we got lucky.

I've been to see my GP today, who confirmed due date of 19th Jan.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!

Congrats!! I've an appointment with the doctor tomorrow so I'm reserving the excitement until she confirms it, 2 positive tests and I'm still half expecting her to say they were wrong :D

My doctor never made me take a test which unthought was odd? I asked her did she need to confirm it but she said no.

My doctor never made me take a test which unthought was odd? I asked her did she need to confirm it but she said no.

That is odd! Cos I was wondering if I should bring in a sample or if she would ask me to provide one there (so as to have lots of water on hand!) Guess she takes your word for it :) Did she make any further appointments or give any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Apparently the tests we can now buy are better than the doctors and a positive is a positive (unless you have very optimistic line eyes!) I wouldn't worry about it, although I appreciate it's not nice.

I did a test in the doctors, she filled out all the forms, called Holles street to check something, told me what to eat/ not eat, gave me an info pack etc... afterwards my husband was like "but she never actually SAID it was positive!" Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cailleachdubh

I've been waiting for the 2017 thread to start up!

6.5 weeks at the moment - also due January 6th (Fri.Day). First pregnancy so it's all new to me. I've had to tell a few close friends and sisters in law due to some nights out where I was afraid of being discovered!

Feeling grand so far - no morning sickness. Just a touch of nausea occasionally when I let myself get too hungry. Other symptoms: tender boobs, thirst, slight bloating and constipation & frequent peeing. Had some bad headaches in the first week or two but they're gone now.

So far, so good, but won't be able to relax til 12 weeks or til everyone knows!

Congratulations, glad to see all is going well!

Does anyone else have a nickname for theirs yet? We've taken to referring to ours as "the little poppy seed" :D

How are you girls getting on? I'm still in a frazzled state of jabbering excitement! Im not sleeping much as I have so much going on in my head, so I'm like a zombie in work. I'm also getting a lot of lightheadedness and dizziness, and yesterday just burst into tears for no reason at all! Husband being very good - kind and considerate and very patient!

I'm sat here on my lunch break ready to blubber and I have no idea why!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

rawn wrote: »
    Congratulations, glad to see all is going well!

Does anyone else have a nickname for theirs yet? We've taken to referring to ours as "the little poppy seed" :D

Ours are called "Hale" and "Hearty" because after my first scan I texted my brothers and said "the twins are hale and hearty".

I love my oh so literal family :p

brokensoul wrote:
    Ours are called "Hale" and "Hearty" because after my first scan I texted my brothers and said "the twins are hale and hearty".

brokensoul wrote:
    I love my oh so literal family

This made me laugh so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rdhelp

Pregnant on my second, due 18th January. Exciting times ahead :) Very hard not to tell anyone as I'm so happy about it. I did tell my sons physio the other day, as she was being really kind and I burst into tears!

I burst into tears earlier cos my fiance got the wrong orange juice, it was nice to be able to blame the hormones!! I'm also being weaned off my anxiety meds the moment which isn't helping. I'll nearly welcome morning sickness because I don't feel pregnant at all!! Very surreal :)

Is anybody using any useful pregnany apps? I used the Ovia fertility app so moved on to the Ovia pregnancy app, have to say i look forward to seeing what stage my little poppyseed is at every day! I'm using myfitnesspal to track diet and calories, i just wish it had a function to track a pregnancy diet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cupcake queen

Hello all! It's my first post here...got my positive test a week ago and have taken another few in the interim just to confirm! Hasn't really sunk in yet. We haven't told anyone yet either which makes it seem especially surreal. Going to the doc on Tuesday and think I will tell my family after that. Happy to be able to chat about it on here at least ☺

• Advertisement

Hello all! It's my first post here...got my positive test a week ago and have taken another few in the interim just to confirm! Hasn't really sunk in yet. We haven't told anyone yet either which makes it seem especially surreal. Going to the doc on Tuesday and think I will tell my family after that. Happy to be able to chat about it on here at least ☺

Congrats! I feel the same, keep wanting to buy more tests just to be sure!

I'm still testing every 2-3 days just to make sure it's still happening!

I'm having very few symptoms, in fact I'm having less now than I was last week, so it's making me doubt everything. I'm 5+3.

Re: pregnancy apps, what to expect when you're expecting is pretty good.

Just wondering ladies, how did you pick your hospital? I'm kind of centrally located in Dublin and have no experience of any of the maternity hospitals. Does the GP suggest a hospital to you, or should I be definite about where I want before I go in to her? TIA x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Go with the one closest to work or home. I chose the Rotunda because I worked around the corner, towards the end the appointments become much more frequent and trudging across the city becomes quite a chore :p

ETA I had a very positive experience there.

Dolbert wrote: »
    Go with the one closest to work or home. I chose the Rotunda because I worked around the corner, towards the end the appointments become much more frequent and trudging across the city becomes quite a chore :p

ETA I had a very positive experience there.

That's good to hear. I was torn between the rotunda and the coombe because we are currently living smack in the middle of the two. I'm leaning towards the coombe now. We are looking to buy a house in Lucan and I see they have a midwives clinic for that area that might be handy in later stages, all going well. I can imagine the trekking about the place gets quite onerous at the end! Thanks for the advice x

I'm gonna go to Holles St simply because it's closeby... my husband works directly opposite it so he is delighted with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

One thing to look at is whether you're in the catchment area for the midwife (aka domino) schemes and the early transfer home schemes with one of the hospitals.

If you expect to be a straightforward case they can make your life much easier.

I chose Rotunda, have been calling them all week to make an appointment but they keep transferring me to a number that just rings out! Has anyone gotten through to them recently?

How far gone are you, rawn? I saw my GP who told me she'd send my documents on to the hospital (Holles st) and they will send me an appointment in the post - is that the case for the rotunda too?

• Advertisement

How far gone are you, rawn? I saw my GP who told me she'd send my documents on to the hospital (Holles st) and they will send me an appointment in the post - is that the case for the rotunda too?

I'm 5 weeks, my GP have me a referral letter including a referral to see the psychiatrist in the Rotunda and told me to call right away to make an appointment

Advertisement