Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Loads more!!
    Rawn
    Rdhelp
    Cupcake queen
    Catrionanic
    CailleachDubh
    and Me
    Makes 6 lovely ladies!!
    Congratulations and welcome!!
    I`ve an early pregnancy scan to reassure me today at 3pm!!
    I`m bricking it
    My other 2 have the vomiting bug and so very kindly shared it with me, although i haven`t puked yet i feel quite close to it if i try opening my mouth and attempt to put anything in!!
    Worst hangover ever :o
    I`m also crying at every thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I'm lucky in that I'm having very few symptoms. My boobs are a little bigger and I'm having trouble sleeping but that's about it. Makes me worry sometimes that there's something wrong? I'm only 5 weeks 4 days though so I'm aware everything could change later this week!

How did the scan go fri.day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I'm lucky in that I'm having very few symptoms. My boobs are a little bigger and I'm having trouble sleeping but that's about it. Makes me worry sometimes that there's something wrong? I'm only 5 weeks 4 days though so I'm aware everything could change later this week!

Same! Boobs a bit bigger and sore, and I'm bloated but i honestly feel nothing! We should try not to worry, this time next week everything could be changed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Don't worry pet! I was 8 weeks to the day when my symptoms started... nausea, light headed and constipation... it's all ahead of you ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Had the early scan today in Portiuncla Balinasloe and Baby's fine and growing normally but I've been put on shed loads of progesterone to keep the uterine lining from shedding. Theres a bleed already where its coming apart. So not out of the woods yet.
    I've Google a little bit and doesn't seem as serious as I'd first imagined

i took another test this morning just to reassure myself - still pregnant haha

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cupcake queen

Went to the doctor today; for some reason it totally reassured me and made the whole thing seem more real! She tested me again to be sure and then it was just the general chat about foods etc. Feel like I'm in the system now at least! Fingers crossed things continue well...5 weeks today. Doc said I would get an letter from the hospital with date for 12 week appointment, anyone know how long those take to issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Hi Ladies!
    Just wanted to say hi from the Janurary 2016 club, seeing your group starting makes me feel emotional.

I hope you all have happy and healthy pregnancies and that this time next year you are snuggling a happy healthy 4 month old xx

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ali_d

Hi all :)
    I've been waiting so long to join one of these threads!!! Myself and hubby have been trying with 3 years and after our second IUI attempt, I am now pregnant!!! Calculating the due date as 30/31 Jan 2017! Seems so far away...
    As for symptoms, I've been having mild period like cramping since last Saturday. Its way milder than any period pains I've gotten. It's more of an uncomfortable feeling. And my boobs are fuller. I'm not complaining about any of it though!! I'm going to try enjoy every moment of this.
    I'll have an early scan to look forward to with the fertility clinic and have doctor appointment on Monday.

• Advertisement

I'm delighted for you ali_d! Don't worry i had mild cramping too, it's just the womb stretching in preparation!

OOooh here comes the nausea!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

rawn wrote: »
    OOooh here comes the nausea!! :(

The first while sucks- apart from the excitement. If it's any consolation I had a few bad weeks and then it lifted. It seemed like ages but in reality it was probably only 4 weeks. Turned a corner at 10 weeks

So I had a little scan yesterday! I'm only 6+2 but my friend's mam is a sonographer and told me to come in. It was too early to see much - just the gestational sac and yolk sac. I'm off to work in the U.K. Now for a few weeks but I'm going back on the 13th, when I should be 8+4, for another scan to see the baby and the heartbeat.

She did tell me that once they see the heartbeat, there's a 97% chance that the pregnancy will go to full-term. Good odds!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rdhelp

I'll be 8+4 on the 13th also and have an early scan booked for that day. Counting down the days now to it :)
    Feeling bit nauseous in last few days, smells and food have been getting to me. Other than that and tiredness not feeling too bad!

I thought I understood what tiredness was until the last week or two... I'm screwed when the kid actually comes along!!

I thought I understood what tiredness was until the last week or two... I'm screwed when the kid actually comes along!!

Omg me too. I'm struggling to function, all I want to do is lie in a heap and moan and cry. I'm also not sleeping (haven't managed more than six hours max in three weeks now), and feel like I'm about to have a breakdown!!

Omg me too. I'm struggling to function, all I want to do is lie in a heap and moan and cry. I'm also not sleeping (haven't managed more than six hours max in three weeks now), and feel like I'm about to have a breakdown!!

It's crazy, like even walking to the shops I feel like I need to lie down after when usually I can walk for miles no bother!! I'm getting loads of sleep and still this tired :eek:

I have had desperate nausea for the past few days but havent been sick...feel very guilty as I had been trying to really eat good food and get into good habits. Unfortunately I have just been living on 7up and Mandarin oranges since last Friday!! Its all I can face at the minute. I can't manage breakfast but have been forcing myself to have some lunch and dinner so at least feel like I'm eating something nutritious every day. Looking forward to being past this so I can get back to my healthy diet! At least then I felt like I was on top of things :/

I have had desperate nausea for the past few days but havent been sick...feel very guilty as I had been trying to really eat good food and get into good habits. Unfortunately I have just been living on 7up and Mandarin oranges since last Friday!! Its all I can face at the minute. I can't manage breakfast but have been forcing myself to have some lunch and dinner so at least feel like I'm eating something nutritious every day. Looking forward to being past this so I can get back to my healthy diet! At least then I felt like I was on top of things :/

Sorry to hear that :( when I'm nauseous (pre-pregnancy) i find the ginger nature
    valley bars help a lot, i know they have a lot of sugar in them but they can really help. Also cold grapes and blueberries straight from the fridge can help cos they feel refreshing like the orange slices.

Oh and ice pops!

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that :( when I'm nauseous (pre-pregnancy) i find the ginger nature
    valley bars help a lot, i know they have a lot of sugar in them but they can really help. Also cold grapes and blueberries straight from the fridge can help cos they feel refreshing like the orange slices.

Oh and ice pops!

Ah its not too bad! At least I know there's a good reason for it and that it will pass in time :) Thank you so much for those tips, I read that ginger is good alright so ill go out tomorrow and stock up! Nice weather for ice pops too... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cailleachdubh

Anyone else struggling to control their ever growing bloaty bumps? I know you're not meant to show til 12 weeks but I feel like as my uterus is growing, everything else has moved up and my stomach looks like the worst case of pms ever. How to dress a bloaty faux bump?

In other news, the few symptoms I've had (sore boobs, constipation, thirst, headaches, HUNGER) have definitely settled down in the last few days, but I've been lucky I've only had the mildest nausea (is it a boy is it a boy??).

Anyone else struggling to control their ever growing bloaty bumps? I know you're not meant to show til 12 weeks but I feel like as my uterus is growing, everything else has moved up and my stomach looks like the worst case of pms ever. How to dress a bloaty faux bump?

YES! Same as yourself I'm 6 weeks but look 6 months. Living in leggings and baggy tops for the foreseeable future. When my bump consists of more baby I will wear my bump with pride but until then...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Hi guys thought I'd just pop in and say hi :) i am in the Dec 2016 thread but turns out im not as far as i thought(6+4) so should be in this thread instead :o I'm a high risk pregnancy as i have antiphospholipid syndrome and am taking heparin injections and aspirin. I'm also spotting the past 15 days but am hoping everything goes well this time x

Welcome, ziggy! I've been following your story in the December thread, hope you have a smoother ride from now on!

Welcome, ziggy! I've been following your story in the December thread, hope you have a smoother ride from now on!
    Thanks catrionanic me too:D Feel like I'm pregnant months now already :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Thanks catrionanic me too:D Feel like I'm pregnant months now already :eek::pac:

I found that at the start. I was put back from 8 to 6.5 weeks and it dragged. Like when I was finally at 9 weeks I felt I'd been pregnant for at least a year :D Anyway I started to feel better and now I'm 14.5 and life is moving again!

Yeah I feel the same and I'm only 7 weeks gone!! The thought of another 33 weeks feels like a lifetime. I know we should be enjoying it, but I don't think I'll be able to relax until 2nd trimester.

Do you have any other kids? Was this one a long time in the making?

First pregnancy for me. I was convinced that it was going to be a long road as it took my parents 8 years to have me, and I'd stocked up on the OPKs, thermometer, had researched CM and everything, but BAM, month one, it happened straight away. We still can't believe our luck.

Yeah I feel the same and I'm only 7 weeks gone!! The thought of another 33 weeks feels like a lifetime. I know we should be enjoying it, but I don't think I'll be able to relax until 2nd trimester.

Do you have any other kids? Was this one a long time in the making?

First pregnancy for me. I was convinced that it was going to be a long road as it took my parents 8 years to have me, and I'd stocked up on the OPKs, thermometer, had researched CM and everything, but BAM, month one, it happened straight away. We still can't believe our luck.
    I have a little boy who's 6 :) i was 13.5 weeks when i found out I was pregnant with him so if this pregnancy please god goes ok it's going to feel so long! I had a miscarriage this time 2 years ago on the bank holiday weekend and everything so I'm definitely feeling more anxious :( it was after this that i discovered i had aps. Ah that's great that it happened so quickly for you enjoy every minute of it though i know how difficult that is in the 1st trimester :pac:

Feeling like ive been hit by a bus myself lately :(

• Advertisement

My morning sickness has well and truly arrived this morning The nausea is horrible! Every time I get close enough to a patient to smell their breath (I work as an optometrist), I nearly wretch

Advertisement