Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cupcake queen

My morning sickness has well and truly arrived this morning The nausea is horrible! Every time I get close enough to a patient to smell their breath (I work as an optometrist), I nearly wretch

Ugh it's awful isn't it? I've had it since this day last week, but some days its been worse than others. I can only stomach really bland carbohydrates and fruit, not a whole lot else. I had a work do yesterday which included a sit down meal and the only thing I could manage was the mashed potato. I told everyone I had been unwell earlier in the week and that was the reason for my lack of appetite. Even the smell of the roast beef on the plate turned my stomach. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it either! When it's really bad I eat ginger biscuits and drink 7up. Sometimes its worse if I have nothing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Kantava

I learned quickly that you need to keep eating. Heading into week 6 of it here. Vomiting some days but not all.

I have also lost quite a few pounds. Even though I am eating so much crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Ditto! Agree about needing to keep eating, the nausea is definitely worse when my stomach is nearly empty. I keep Nature Valley bars beside my bed and nibble them as soon as i wake up. It helps but yesterday i opened my fridge and the smell of the leftover chicken from the day before sent me retching out the back garden! Also seem to vomit everyday in work at around 5pm, very weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Kantava

Leftover chicken got me the other day too! Totally grossed out by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I'm also eating so much crap at the moment, have totally lost my healthy-eating mojo. Feel really bloated and nauseous and fat and gross

• Advertisement

Please tell me I'm not the only one feeling irritable beyond measure about absolutely everything :'(

rawn wrote: »
    Please tell me I'm not the only one feeling irritable beyond measure about absolutely everything :'(

I ate a young fella alive today in subway for being so slow. Said he is the slowest worker I've ever seen and should be sacked. That I didn't know how they could call this fast food when I've been standing here 15 minutes for him to put a bit of ham and cheese on some bread. At this point I had to sit down on the floor as I'd been stood in the heat for 15 mins with morning sickness and was about to faint. I'd say they thought I was a total bitch and lunatic

I ate a young fella alive today in subway for being so slow. Said he is the slowest worker I've ever seen and should be sacked. That I didn't know how they could call this fast food when I've been standing here 15 minutes for him to put a bit of ham and cheese on some bread. At this point I had to sit down on the floor as I'd been stood in the heat for 15 mins with morning sickness and was about to faint. I'd say they thought I was a total bitch and lunatic

Haha so it's not just me, phew!! I seem to spend one half of the day shouting at inanimate objects and/or people and the other half apologising :o

I even downloaded a mindfulness ap to try and calm myself down and ended up screaming at my phone cos the voice was speaking infuriatingly slow

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Looks like I will be jumping threads to the this from the Feb one. Went along to doc at what my LMP suggested was 6 weeks and had a scan and saw heartbeat and all and measurements said 7 weeks so cycle must have been all over the place after the pill. Now due late Jan. Having waves of nausea morning and night and exhausted!! Have a little 2 yr girl so no naps after work this time. Wrecked!!!

Welcome on board polydactyl! I would love to discover that I'm a week ahead of myself, that's great.

I am so ridiculously irritable at the moment, and I'm so ANGRY. Everything is pissing me off. I'm in this constant red mist of anger and it's really not healthy - I hate feeling this way but I can't seem to shake it off? I can't be around people at all - their voices annoy me, their accents, their habits. I'm cursing at people on the radio and tv for being so annoying. There's a man busking on the street where I'm working who is playing these stupid singsongy songs in the Welsh language every day, and walking past him makes my blood BOIL. How can I shake this off?? It's horrible!!

• Advertisement

If you ever find out please let me know! I hate myself right now :/ when people did I'd be hormonal i thought ahhh a little cranky and weepy... LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rdhelp

Just had an early scan today at 8 weeks, very reassuring to see a heartbeat :) makes it all very real, and the nausea, dizziness and exhaustion worthwhile!

rdhelp wrote:
    Just had an early scan today at 8 weeks, very reassuring to see a heartbeat makes it all very real, and the nausea, dizziness and exhaustion worthwhile!

Aw wow that's amazing! <3

rdhelp wrote: »
    Just had an early scan today at 8 weeks, very reassuring to see a heartbeat :) makes it all very real, and the nausea, dizziness and exhaustion worthwhile!

Same! By my LMP I was 8+4, but baby measured 8 weeks exactly. Heartbeat of 176. It was a brief lift from the misery of the first trimester

Anyone gotten an appointment for a scan yet? Still haven't heard anything, I always assumed a scan was done at the 12/13 week mark but apparently it's not til about week 16? Is that correct? I'm so impatient!!

rawn wrote: »
    Anyone gotten an appointment for a scan yet? Still haven't heard anything, I always assumed a scan was done at the 12/13 week mark but apparently it's not til about week 16? Is that correct? I'm so impatient!!

I got a letter from my hospital about a week after my GP sent on the referral. It turned out GP had left some parts of the form blank and so I just filled them I'm and sent it back immediately. I had my appointment letter a couple of days later. I'm going to the Coombe. I have a booking apt with them week 12 and my scan the following week. Perhaps it might be worth checking with the hospital to ensure your forms have gone through?

I'm going to Holles St and I got a letter with an appt to see midwife at 12 weeks for blood work etc, but it specifically states that there won't be the facility to do a scan there. I have an appt for a scan at 21 weeks and apparently that's the only scan I'll be getting.

21 weeks :eek:

My doctor told me to call the Rotunda myself to make an appointment, I left a message. Got a voicemail from them the next day asking to call back and I did, left another message, heard nothing back. Left another message a week later and still nothing. I spoke to a doctor (not my usual doctor as she's on maternity leave!) and asked should I have heard something and she said it's normal not to hear back for a while. Beginning to wish I'd chosen a different hospital, I hadn't thought about it until my doctor asked me, I chose it cos my family were all born there and cos I know where it is!

I'll try call them again but it just lets me leave messages, I've never gotten through to an actual person.

God I think I am going to balloon on this pregnancy. Had just started diet as my size 12 pants were getting tight when I discovered I was pregnant. Then the nausea hit and like the rest of you found I had to keep eating carbs to minimise it. Bought some next size up trousers and today they are tight!!! Agh will look for my trouser extender thing but at this rate I'll be in maternity trousers before the first trimester is even out! I got to over 24 weeks last one!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cailleachdubh

I got a letter from my hospital about a week after my GP sent on the referral. It turned out GP had left some parts of the form blank and so I just filled them I'm and sent it back immediately. I had my appointment letter a couple of days later. I'm going to the Coombe. I have a booking apt with them week 12 and my scan the following week. Perhaps it might be worth checking with the hospital to ensure your forms have gone through?

hey, yeah I got my appointments back by post about three weeks after the GP sent off my form. Having my first scan and outpatient appointment on Monday in CUMH. I'll be 12+3 by then. Excited!! Although my husband was having trouble getting time off work and I was afraid I'd be going on my own for a while. Think it's sorted now though. I think if my scan appointment was scheduled for later than 13-14 weeks I'd be getting a private scan...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

More additions, welcome to ye!
    Ive had another scan Monday so I`ve 1 healthy baby but apparently I`d started off with 2 gestational sacs. Ive been on progesterone since my 1st scan 4 weeks ago so the empty sac has grown alongside the healthy baby.
    I`m 12 weeks tomorrow so that explains a lot of extra weight and hormental stuff goin on, narkyness is terrible but the nausea has eased a little.
    Don`t know what happens to the 2nd sac, ordinarily it would have been reabsorbed but with the hormones it`s growing.
    Another scan in 2 weeks so i`ll ask then.

Called the Rotunda today, finally spoke to a person, they had no record of me! I should hear back in around 2 weeks now. I'm confused, see my GP gave me a letter that she said I had to BRING to the hospital when I made an appointment with the psychiatrist. But I'm thinking now, was that letter supposed to be posted in straight away rather than held on to? I'm confused and annoyed but at the end of the day, I'm on the system now and that's what matters!

Hello ladies! Hope everyone is doing well :) I am thrilled to have the second trimester in sight! I'm 10 weeks but have had nausea and morning/ all day sickness since week 5. It really wears you down, doesn't it? I feel it might be starting to lift a little bit as I'm not actually being sick as often, just feeling like I might (that horrible retching/gagging feeling). Other than that things are fine although I'm not being as active (or eating as well) as I would like. Hopefully that will change in the coming weeks! First hospital appointment next week, after that I'm going to start telling people in earnest. We have told just a few close family members and it's actually nice telling people and having them be excited for you. I can't wait to tell my friends! Last week I was at the hairdressers (having a blow dry as a pick me up - I didn't even have the energy that morning to wash it myself) and I told the hairdresser just to have someone to talk about it with :D ‚ She was very understanding!!

Glad you're picking up slightly cupcake queen. I had a hen do in Edinburgh at the weekend (which I had organised as the sole bridesmaid), and I was DREADING IT. Didn't know how I was going to survive it at all, being so nauseous 24/7. The wee Angels were shining down on me though as I had a reprieve from my symptoms for 3 days and was able to eat and galavant around the city, even managed a 2am finish in a nightclub. Was very relieved.

Sickness returned as soon as I got home, but it's not as awful as in previous weeks. I'm 11 weeks tomorrow and can't wait to start feeling human again. Even telling people our news hasn't been enjoyable, as I'm feeling so rubbish that I can't feel positive about anything.

That's great that it lifted for the weekend for you!! I can only imagine how much you were dreading it, I would be the very same if I had something like that coming up. I've noticed the past couple of weeks that I'm sick one day and then I get a couple of ok days that follow it. I'm hoping to God its a sign that it's petering out, maybe you are the same. Fingers crossed we're all nearly there! :)

I had my booking visit today and scan. Dates changed again. My LMP said 30/1, 6 week scan said 25/1 and today's said 21/1

All good on scan, back in 3 weeks or before it for test for T21

You've got one hell of a grower, polydactyl!!! I'd love it if my dates were moved forward!

How is everyone feeling? Lots of us must be announcing our pregnancies around now?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cailleachdubh

polydactyl wrote: »
    I had my booking visit today and scan. Dates changed again. My LMP said 30/1, 6 week scan said 25/1 and today's said 21/1

All good on scan, back in 3 weeks or before it for test for T21

I had my 12 week scan on Monday the 27th. All good, so we were delighted. They said the baby was measuring 3 days bigger than the LMP date, but the sonographer said she'd go with the LMP date as I was 100% certain of it.

Was at a family wedding at the weekend and the word about the pregnancy was certainly getting around! But to be honest we have been telling people gradually since week 5 as there have been too many 'drinking occasions' this summer to avoid it...

• Advertisement

I'm 11.5 weeks and my doctor told me I won't get a scan til around 14 weeks :( I'll hold off telling people outside my family until then, feels like tempting faith!

Although, I did tell my boss already, he's being great about it but he already hired and is currently training in my maternity replacement, so everyone in work knows now >.<

Advertisement