Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Got letter confirming maternity benefit entitlement today. Payment starts 09/01/17. I had convinced myself that there would be some sort of problem. Phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Got letter confirming maternity benefit entitlement today. Payment starts 09/01/17. I had convinced myself that there would be some sort of problem. Phew!

Good stuff! I'm still waiting on my forms back from work. Eeep. My own fault for leaving it all so late :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

rawn wrote: »
    Good stuff! I'm still waiting on my forms back from work. Eeep. My own fault for leaving it all so late :o

My maternity leave started today (December baby due!), and I also had left it very late due to some delays with work signing the forms. Anyway I actually haven't received any written letter back but when I filled out the online query form I got a reply last week saying it had been approved, and I received my first payment on Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cupcake queen

I received my first payment too. Leave just started this week so all very efficient. I'm thrilled to be off but my inner control freak found it difficult to hand all my work off to somebody else!!! As soon as I left I caught the most rotten cold so am just trying to deal with getting over that for the minute. Then I really feel like I have so much preparing to do! I was at the midwives clinic today and all is well. Baby's head is down which is good as she was breech the last few visits. I'm also doing hypnobirthing and antenatal classes all the Saturdays in December. Busy busy! Hope all is well with you ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling good! (As good as we can at this stage anyway lol)

I'm due Jan 10th, second baby, I went over 7 days with my daughter but everyone says you can possibly go earlier on your second, wishful thinking I know... just wondering if anyone is due around the same time as me and what are your partner/ hubbys festive celebration plans?

Should I ask my husband to steer clear of a drink this Christmas/ New Years? I don't know if I'm being over cautious by asking him to avoid it just incase little one makes an early arrival! He would of course if I ask but he works hard and deserves to let his hair down and relax with a beer or two so I don't wanna be a party pooper

• Advertisement

happypants wrote: »
    Hope everyone is doing well and feeling good! (As good as we can at this stage anyway lol)

I'm due Jan 10th, second baby, I went over 7 days with my daughter but everyone says you can possibly go earlier on your second, wishful thinking I know... just wondering if anyone is due around the same time as me and what are your partner/ hubbys festive celebration plans?

Should I ask my husband to steer clear of a drink this Christmas/ New Years? I don't know if I'm being over cautious by asking him to avoid it just incase little one makes an early arrival! He would of course if I ask but he works hard and deserves to let his hair down and relax with a beer or two so I don't wanna be a party pooper

I think it really depends on how far you'll be from the hospital! I've about 3.5 weeks to go until due date, and am to have the baby in Dublin. However we are up with my family in Belfast this christmas. If I was to go early, and everybody had had a few drinks and was over the legal driving limit, I would have no way at all to get to the hospital in Dublin and that would be disastrous! So my husband and parents are taking it in turns to make sure there's always someone who could drive me to Dublin each day over the festive periods.

If I was in Dublin, though, I wouldn't be at all worried as I could just get a taxi to the hospital. So my husband would be able to drink.... although maybe not to the point where he's so drunk that he'd be of no use during labour!!

January 10th really isn't far away now - very exciting for you! Hopefully you won't go over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bluemood

Hi Girls :) I'm new at boards and in Ireland too. I've left my friends and family far from here cos my partner & dad of our baby boy is living/working in Dublin.It is so nice to know that I'm not alone during that last weeks... My due day is 24th of Jan but it is my first baby so it may be Feb as well. We will see :) We've decided to give birth in Rotunda, hope it will be OK but I know I'll start panicking in next few weeks. What about you? Do you have any tips how to calm down? :)

bluemood wrote: »
    Hi Girls :) I'm new at boards and in Ireland too. I've left my friends and family far from here cos my partner & dad of our baby boy is living/working in Dublin.It is so nice to know that I'm not alone during that last weeks... My due day is 24th of Jan but it is my first baby so it may be Feb as well. We will see :) We've decided to give birth in Rotunda, hope it will be OK but I know I'll start panicking in next few weeks. What about you? Do you have any tips how to calm down? :)

Ah hello and welcome!!! How are you settling in Ireland and where are you from originally? Hopefully maternity services here aren't too different from what you've been used to.

You haven't long to go now - I'm due the 19th and it's my first baby too so am also expecting to go over. Luckily I don't really have many nerves or worries about labour, but I know that a lot of women swear by the GentleBirth workshops - so if you're nervous at all, there's still time to go to one of those.

bluemood wrote: »

I'm due the 26th! Now that it's less than a month it's really starting to feel exciting.I did a hypnobirthing course a couple of weeks ago and I found it brilliant. They gave us a relaxation CD to listen to daily to help prepare for the birth. There are lots of tracks on youtube you could listen to that I'm sure would be as good. It's just about getting into a relaxed, positive mindset in advance of the birth! I also did some pregnancy yoga and Pilates classes at the Elbowroom in Stonybatter (might be suitable if you are living in Dublin) and I found them really good. I also did a free breastfeeding workshop there. They have a lot of mother/baby stuff on there so it might be a good place to get to know other expectant mothers!
    I feel more relaxed if I'm prepared so I also packed my hospital bag a couple of weeks ago and put it in the bottom of the wardrobe. I like knowing its there even though I probably wont be needing it for a few weeks yet :)

Well girls how are we all feeling now that we are in the final few weeks?

I'm just starting to get uncomfortable now. My SPD has come back and baby's movements are quite painful now. I'm getting a fair amount of nausea and heartburn too, but thankfully am still sleeping quite well.

Have had almost constant period pains today and yesterday. Had hospital appointment this morning and she said it's probably the start of something! Although could still be a couple of weeks yet. That made me excited though as it's three weeks until due date and I would love not to go too far over! She also commented that the baby isn't going to be a big one, which is a relief too as I'm fairly petite myself. Yay!

Iron levels are low so need to work on that but otherwise all seems to be going as normal. Not really feeling much pressure down below though, and the doc said that the head still has a wee bit more to come down, so gonna get bouncing on my ball more to try to get that head a bit lower.

• Advertisement

Well girls how are we all feeling now that we are in the final few weeks?

I'm just starting to get uncomfortable now. My SPD has come back and baby's movements are quite painful now. I'm getting a fair amount of nausea and heartburn too, but thankfully am still sleeping quite well.

Have had almost constant period pains today and yesterday. Had hospital appointment this morning and she said it's probably the start of something! Although could still be a couple of weeks yet. That made me excited though as it's three weeks until due date and I would love not to go too far over! She also commented that the baby isn't going to be a big one, which is a relief too as I'm fairly petite myself. Yay!

Iron levels are low so need to work on that but otherwise all seems to be going as normal. Not really feeling much pressure down below though, and the doc said that the head still has a wee bit more to come down, so gonna get bouncing on my ball more to try to get that head a bit lower.

That's exciting Catriona, sounds like the finish line is definitely in sight for you!! I just feel like my bump is expanding exponentially day by day. The last few days I have been ravenous at really random times of the day and night and I have awful heartburn that wakes me up! I was sick again today after lunch but think this time round its due to pressure on my stomach depending on how I'm sitting/ how baby is lying at the time. The joys!!! But its good to know there are only a few weeks left. Once 1 January comes we'll all be on tenterhooks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I'm the same with the heartburn, wakes me up most nights now! Feeling a lot of pressure in my pelvis, but the worst thing is this horrible burning feeling on the skin at the top of my belly, almost like an Indian burn? The doctor says it's just the nerves stretching but my god it's awful! I'm feeling hugely unprepared, but I've bought most of the big stuff, all still sitting in boxes! I've been reading up on newborn info during my down time in work and beginning to realize I'm nowhere near as prepared as I thought. Eeep. The nerves! I'm due 21st Jan so I still have time :) anyone else starting to feel really, really scared?!

rawn wrote: »
    I'm the same with the heartburn, wakes me up most nights now! Feeling a lot of pressure in my pelvis, but the worst thing is this horrible burning feeling on the skin at the top of my belly, almost like an Indian burn? The doctor says it's just the nerves stretching but my god it's awful! I'm feeling hugely unprepared, but I've bought most of the big stuff, all still sitting in boxes! I've been reading up on newborn info during my down time in work and beginning to realize I'm nowhere near as prepared as I thought. Eeep. The nerves! I'm due 21st Jan so I still have time :) anyone else starting to feel really, really scared?!

Don't feel scared, it really is the most magical time (as soppy as that sounds!) you'll honestly be on cloud 9 once baby arrives. It will all come natural and trust your instincts! Very exciting times ahead.

I've a boring question about state maternity pay... my official date for maternity was on 27/12/16 but I didn't receive any payment. This week or last week (incase they were paying a week prior with xmas) so then I realised I never got a letter to confirm maternity either. I just presumed it was all ok and there might be a bit of a hold up with Christmas. Just wondering if anyone due to start maternity pay around the same time as me has received payment or confirmation! Thanks

Don't feel scared, it really is the most magical time (as soppy as that sounds!) you'll honestly be on cloud 9 once baby arrives. It will all come natural and trust your instincts! Very exciting times ahead.

I've a boring question about state maternity pay... my official date for maternity was on 27/12/16 but I didn't receive any payment. This week or last week (incase they were paying a week prior with xmas) so then I realised I never got a letter to confirm maternity either. I just presumed it was all ok and there might be a bit of a hold up with Christmas. Just wondering if anyone due to start maternity pay around the same time as me has received payment or confirmation! Thanks

My first payment isn't set until the 9th, but I did get a letter to confirm that all had been processed and when payment would start. How long ago did you send the forms off? I think you should contact them to check on it

Yep do contact them. I got a letter to confirm it was processed about 2 weeks before payments began. It all went through smoothly and the payments began on the exact date they were supposed to (mine started a couple of weeks ago). I finished work on a Friday and my first payment arrived the following Friday.

I feel a little overwhelmed too Rawn but mostly at all that needs to be done before baby's arrival Like you, everything we have is in boxes still so I had the Christmas break earmarked to get the baby's room set up. She'll be sleeping in with us of course but I want to make sure we have a place set up to change her, store all her clothes, feed her etc.I also want to have figured out the car seat etc. I am excited to have it all set up so I can feel that it doesn't matter if she arrives early! Once all that's done I will definitely relax :)

I got through to the maternity department today, lady was very blasé.. oh yeah I have your forms here somebody will work on them next week.

Great, but I sent them in 6 weeks prior to the first payment date as required (which should have been Tuesday gone!!!) I had emailed them last week enquiring so later today I got a phone call responding to that. The guy on the phone said I will receive my payment and backdated payment on 9th of January, lol I'm due the baby on 10th.

Thankfully all direct debits and mortgage is paid for the month but what about women who literally depend on the €230 each week?! I'm glad all my paperwork is in order and it's approved but it's a bit of a joke, I made sure to have everything in order and on time and it meant nothing.

Yes that's so frustrating. If you were living on a tighter budget, that could mean the difference between food on the table or your rent being paid! And for them to just be so blasé about it, as if everyone has a spare €650 just gathering dust under their mattress to get them through....

Anyway I'm glad it's being sorted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I'm in the December group, I was fairly late sending off my application and never heard back so emailed them. The girl confirmed I'd been approved and should get a letter confirmation shortly. I never got the letter but have started getting the money. So for anyone waiting it's worth emailing them from the contact page of their website.

Yes that's so frustrating. If you were living on a tighter budget, that could mean the difference between food on the table or your rent being paid! And for them to just be so blasé about it, as if everyone has a spare €650 just gathering dust under their mattress to get them through....

Anyway I'm glad it's being sorted for you.

Exactly! That's a lot of money, I'm just glad it's happened at the beginning as I got a normal salary this month but next month I'll have no overtime or unsocial hours so would have had to really tighten my belt and make do with my husbands wage. Can't imagine I'll be doing much spending once baby arrives though, January will be a veeery quiet one.

I'm so bored now waiting, wish baby would arrive. Another 10 days to go... or possibly 22 if they alllow me go over 12days (please god that doesn't happen I'll crack up!!)

Happy New Year to everyone I hope 2017 is a magical one!

37+3 today and so done with being pregnant. Praying I won't go over (would love to go early!)

SPD has gotten so much worse in the last week. I can't sleep it's so sore often. And I'm so nauseous that all I want to do is go out for a walk and get some fresh air, but the SPD is stopping me. Also very restricted about the house as trying to avoid doing much at all, particularly going up and down the stairs unless it's really necessary. On my birthing ball lots which helps. It's really frustrating not being able to walk to the shop for more orange juice or bread or emergency chocolate!

The house is also in bits most of the time and I haven't the energy or mobility to get it sorted the way I want it. And then every time my husband is around he just messes everything up further! He thinks I'm OCD but I just can't stand staring at mess all the time.

Come on baby!!

• Advertisement

37+3 today and so done with being pregnant. Praying I won't go over (would love to go early!)

SPD has gotten so much worse in the last week. I can't sleep it's so sore often. And I'm so nauseous that all I want to do is go out for a walk and get some fresh air, but the SPD is stopping me. Also very restricted about the house as trying to avoid doing much at all, particularly going up and down the stairs unless it's really necessary. On my birthing ball lots which helps. It's really frustrating not being able to walk to the shop for more orange juice or bread or emergency chocolate!

The house is also in bits most of the time and I haven't the energy or mobility to get it sorted the way I want it. And then every time my husband is around he just messes everything up further! He thinks I'm OCD but I just can't stand staring at mess all the time.

Come on baby!!

I hear ya, my house is the very same! :(And I really have this desire to get stuck in and clean it top to bottom but I have zero energy.

At least January is finally here!!! I'm only 36 +4 so another few weeks realistically for me although my mother is convinced I am going to go early! I was over for dinner with my parents last night and the family were having great craic watching my stomach flip about under my top as the baby kicked.My mother is adamant baby is ready to be born 😀 I'm ready for it too to be honest.I'm done with the tiredness, back pain, heartburn and nausea but really I just want to see and hold my baby!! I thought it would seem more real by now but it still seems totally mad that I'm having a baby. I can't even picture her!

I wonder who here will have the first January baby!!! So exciting :)

Who is due first? Happypants I think (the 10th?)

Did we ever make a list of everyone's due dates?

I'm the 19th but fully expecting to go two weeks over.... I've always had this notion that the baby will be born on st brigids day, 1st Feb. I hope I'm wrong though!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

Hi all. Today is my due date so have been following this thread. Had my little girl 11 days ago by c section after some issues arose in the pregnancy. All is well and she is perfect.

Good luck to you all, it is all worth it when your baby is here! Looking forward to seeing the announcements x

dollybird2 wrote: »
    Hi all. Today is my due date so have been following this thread. Had my little girl 11 days ago by c section after some issues arose in the pregnancy. All is well and she is perfect.

Good luck to you all, it is all worth it when your baby is here! Looking forward to seeing the announcements x

Ah brilliant! Congratulations
    Dollybird :)

I'm the 26th Catriona so could very likely be a February baby for me unless my mother's prediction comes true!

Oh god am I first? I'm still pregnant. I hoovered the whole house today, cleaned bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchen etc. Bouncing on my ball and went for a big long walk. Hoping to wake up in labour but prob not lol. I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow. My friend had her baby on 29th and another friend is in labour right now! I'm terrified and excited all at the same time. I had a pretty traumatic labour with my daughter so I've kinda been blocking out what's ahead for the past 9/10 months. Nearly time to face the music!! I know it's so worth it in the end though and I'd do it all over again for my daughter.

Ah you've been a busy woman!! I have SPD and cleaned our house yesterday, which is pretty small, and did a little bit of DIY. I am now hardly able to walk with the pain. After the constant sickness of the first 21-22 weeks of pregnancy, this is the second most difficult bit of it :(

Did you go overdue on your first pregnancy, happypants? Hopefully second time will be a lot easier. It usually is, for most women. So fingers crossed for a smooth and fast delivery for you!

Ah you've been a busy woman!! I have SPD and cleaned our house yesterday, which is pretty small, and did a little bit of DIY. I am now hardly able to walk with the pain. After the constant sickness of the first 21-22 weeks of pregnancy, this is the second most difficult bit of it :(

Did you go overdue on your first pregnancy, happypants? Hopefully second time will be a lot easier. It usually is, for most women. So fingers crossed for a smooth and fast delivery for you!

Thanks so much I'm hoping so. I went exactly 7 days over with my daughter. That was after two sweeps. I will be refusing them this time as I think they started contractions before my body was ready which stopped and started them and they wouldn't regulate. I'm convinced this prolonged the Labour. I'm hoping to go without any interventions this time. 3 of my friends that have given birth in the last weeks and days had inductions, it's like the hospitals are looking to get babies out asap, two of them were only two days overdue... I really don't want to be induced.

Have you a yoga ball? I've been bouncing on mine loads, and just sitting rotating my hips on it watching tv etc. It's a lot more comfortable than the sofa and has helped loosen up my hips and pelvis, I've been quite sore from about 30 weeks with my hip, I'm raging I didn't try the ball sooner.

Yes the ball is amazing!!! I'm on mine every day. Hoping it will help baby drop but my bump hasn't changed at all so I guess I've gotta keep swivelling!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 emsie1404

Hi ladies, where did you get your birthing ball? Is it a specific one you need or can you just get a regular gym ball? Thanks a mill!

• Advertisement

I think as long as it's 65cm (if you're over 5"3) then it's grand, any one will do. I just ordered mine online a couple of months ago. I think dunnes are still selling them too

Advertisement