Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2017

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Aw rawn hang on in there! How many days over are you nowa? If I hadn't had to be induced due to movements then I'd probably be having a February baby too

10 days now! I've a checkup in the hosp tomorrow and will be induced on Thursday if he doesn't budge by then. I'm so close but it feels like forever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Hi all! Alexander was born last Thursday, 8lb 4.5oz! Went in to be induced at 7am, Contractions started around 5pm, i was 1cm dilated when i arrived, by 9pm i was only 5cm, decided to have a bath to hurry things along, had barely sat in the bath when I felt a huge urge to push, the nurses checked and I was 10cm dilated already! They ran me straight to the delivery suite and he arrived at 23.21pm. Because of how quickly the labour progressed, I had to have a kiwi vacuum birth as he was getting distressed and tired. The only pain relief I had was 2 paracetamol!! We stayed in hospital for 4 nights as he was a bit jaundiced but he's doing great :) hope all the other mammies are coping! Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Congrats rawn that's wonderful news! Hope you're enjoying him. I can't believe you did all that with two paracetamol!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cupcake queen

Great news Rawn! Congratulations :) Hope you are settled in at home now. The last 2 weeks have been a whirlwind here! I found the first few days at home a bit nervewracking but feel like I'm a bit more confident now. The feeding situation was very tough. Try as I might I just couldn't seem to breastfeed. I got a pump and saw 2 lactation consultants but my supply just seemed to be very very low and wouldn't improve. I got so upset over it as I had been to breastfeeding antenatal classes etc and had been planning to do it all along, just assuming that it would work out naturally. However after a few days of being down about it I realised that it was not the end of the world. The baby is healthy and thriving and I didn't want to spend my time with her feeling sad and guilty about the fact that I couldn't breastfeed her. I still wish with all my heart that it had worked out, but the bigger picture is that she is here, we are both doing well and that is the main thing!

How is everyone else getting on? I find the broken sleep is the hardest thing to get used to. I know they say sleep when the baby sleeps but during the day I tend to feel too wound up to sleep and if she goes down I want to put on a wash or make bottles or do something productive! She is very stuffed up in her nose so I think that is affecting her night time sleeping. The doctor said it is very common for newborns to be mucusy and the only thing to use are baby saline drops so I think it will just be a case of waiting for her to grow out of it. In the meantime I just feel so bad for her! Guess this is what being a parent feels like :)

Advertisement