Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my account was frauded

Options
  • 12-05-2016 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello.
    I never shop online only when i buy flight tickets. I recently received email that said i am eligible for the tax refund. as i am i filled in the form they offered. I was not aware it was fraud email. It looked like real Bank of Ireland webpage!!I noticed suspicious transactions on my account. I noticed bank of Ireland straight away. They canceled my card and blocked my 365 online banking. I am very worrying as 1,200 euro of the savings i had is gone. they said the investigation will be held and they will let me know about results. 
    Can i ask what usually heppens in this case? Is the money going to be refunded or its gone?Do i need to notify gardai?
    Regards
    Tetiana

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Pominchuk! wrote: »
    Hello.
    I never shop online only when i buy flight tickets. I recently received email that said i am eligible for the tax refund. as i am i filled in the form they offered. I was not aware it was fraud email. It looked like real Bank of Ireland webpage!!I noticed suspicious transactions on my account. I noticed bank of Ireland straight away. They canceled my card and blocked my 365 online banking. I am very worrying as 1,200 euro of the savings i had is gone. they said the investigation will be held and they will let me know about results. 
    Can i ask what usually heppens in this case? Is the money going to be refunded or its gone?Do i need to notify gardai?
    Regards
    Tetiana
    Hi Pominchuk! (Tetiana)

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

We're very sorry to hear you've been a recent victim of fraud.

In this fraudulent situation, there is no need to contact the Gardai. Please be assured, Bank of Ireland will investigate this as quickly as possible for you and once our Fraud Team have an up date or resolution they will be back in contact with you. Sorry, we're unable to advise generally regarding the outcome of a fraudulent case here.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to get in touch again.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement