Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belpark Duathlon Prizes (non-cash)

Options
  • 12-05-2016 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Did anyone apart from the winners notice that Belpark awarded non-cash prizes for last weeks race? Yes it was in the race brief so technically it shouldn't have come as a surprise, but is it really appropriate to award prizes that a person most probably will have no use for?

1st - 12 Week Gym Membership - Andy Kenny Fitness
    2nd - 30 membership - Sport Physio Ireland
    3rd - Lactate Test

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I think all those are pretty cool prizes and probably more worthwhile than a lot of other prizes you would recieve.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Think of it like Christmas - <ah jaysus another pair of socks, grits teeth> "Thanks, I love it!" and pass it on to someone who will use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭ray o

I think all those are pretty cool prizes and probably more worthwhile than a lot of other prizes you would recieve.

Maybe if the alternative was a kettle. I know last year the winner got €150 and had he rocked up last week and placed again he would have been very disappointed. And I know at least of the prize winners last week wasn't to impressed.

Advertisement