Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic light problems on sarsfield st.

• 12-05-2016 10:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭

Have they changed the timing of the lights in the morning?
    I usually hit these between 7.45 and 8.10
    I know traffic is heavier at 8, but the lights seem to allow very few cars up william st.
    Last few days I turn left onto Liddy, or shannon bridge if I remember.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

tagoona wrote: »
    I know traffic is heavier at 8, but the lights seem to allow very few cars up william st.

I think the traffic lights around the city are all integrated, and the timings are variable and are adjusted depending on traffic volumes. Don't quote me on that though. I'd like to know more about it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭gotasmoke

I got caught at these lights this morning too. I was coming from Henry St and turning right onto Sarsfield. Usually there's no delay but traffic was backed up this morning.

I assumed there was a bin truck blocking traffic collecting wheelie bins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

tagoona wrote: »

The issue starts outside Hook & Ladder, their delivery guy parks in a lane of traffic to do his deliveries. The bus lane doesn't help either as the driver can sometimes park with the rear of the bus parked in a lane of traffic.

Advertisement