Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options
  • 12-05-2016 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭

I love this guy.
    More and more, i'm finding myself hoping he becomes president.
    The stuff he says goes against all my political views but still i 'd love to see him beat Hillary.

I'm reasoning first off that he doesn't mean any of the stuff he says (the wall etc). It's all just to get in.
    And I actually do believe he gives a **** about America.
    I also feel deep down he's a decent enough guy just playing the political system and having a fcuking great time. And he's hilarious.
    Can't stump the trump videos on YouTube are brilliant BTW.

Just wanted to get an idea what ye think about The Donald.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,577 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I love this guy.
    More and more, i'm finding myself hoping he becomes president.
    The stuff he says goes against all my political views but still i 'd love to see him beat Hillary.

I'm reasoning first off that he doesn't mean any of the stuff he says (the wall etc). It's all just to get in.
    And I actually do believe he gives a **** about America.
    I also feel deep down he's a decent enough guy just playing the political system and having a fcuking great time. And he's hilarious.
    Can't stump the trump videos on YouTube are brilliant BTW.

Just wanted to get an idea what ye think about The Donald.

The guy is a fnuckin idiot and will get hammered if he gets to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭brevity

I worry for the people who are voting for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

He's a spa. Plain and simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

The guy is a fnuckin idiot and will get hammered if he gets to run.

Newsflash: The "experts" said that when he ran for the Republican nomination.

He won, with relative ease and crushed seasoned politicians like Jeb Bush who had the full weight of the Republican party behind him.

He is far from an idiot, and in the latest opinion polls is neck and neck with Hillary Clinton amongst likely voters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭wokingvoter

Do you admire the fact that he compares his battle against VD with the war in Vietnam OP?
    How do you imagine that makes Vietnam vets feel?
    What qualities does he possess that makes you feel like he would be a good president?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 976 ✭✭✭beach_walker

If I were an American citizen and given the choice of Donald or Hillary, well I'd be hard pressed to bother voting tbh.

The best thing about Trump is the reaction he's getting from the Guardian types. Fun and all as that is to see, doesn't detract from him being an ass.

Have you been on reddit much? I don't like r/AdviceAnimals because its full of derivative, childish, lowest common denominator nonsense. The biggest Trump group on reddit, r/The_Donald is exactly the same; he's a fcuking joke, not a politician. Its one step closer to Idiocracy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

The big issue is not that one person can run while saying this stuff, it's that so many people can be convinced by it.

That said, I wonder, after he loses the election, will he come out and say that he made a lot of policies up just to get the republican nomination and he doesn't really believe any of that - he seems like the kind of guy who would enjoy pointing out just how gullible people had been to support him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

There's a part of my mind that thinks more and more that there could be the remotest possibility that the conspiracy theory that he's sabotaging the Republican Party's chances of getting the presidency on behalf of Hillary is true.
    If they had agreed that he'd do that (and he's supported her in the past), he's doing exactly what he'd do in that situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Red King wrote: »
    Newsflash: The "experts" said that when he ran for the Republican nomination.

He won, with relative ease and crushed seasoned politicians like Jeb Bush who had the full weight of the Republican party behind him.

He is far from an idiot
    , and in the latest opinion polls is neck and neck with Hillary Clinton amongst likely voters.

He's not winning because he's not an idiot, he's winning because he's an idiot who appeals to other idiots, of which there appear to be a great number of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

He's the last hope we have of a free world .

Hillary becomes president - ****ing ISIS will celebrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,874 ✭✭✭ebbsy

brevity wrote: »

D'ont be worried. We are many and outnumber you. :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,577 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

He's the last hope we have of a free world .

Hillary becomes president - ****ing ISIS will celebrate.

He is a fool, CIA/FBI/Homeland security will have him sign off on all sorts of site that will erode citizens rights. Saying that Clinton being the hawk that she is will probably do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

osarusan wrote: »
    The big issue is not that one person can run while saying this stuff, it's that so many people can be convinced by it.

That said, I wonder, after he loses the election, will he come out and say that he made a lot of policies up just to get the republican nomination and he doesn't really believe any of that - he seems like the kind of guy who would enjoy pointing out just how gullible people had been to support him.

He's not going to lose.

Look, for many Americans their biggest issue is that they have been getting poorer for over 30 years, while corporate interests have been getting incredibly richer. They are sick of the establishment who have for many years now legislated purely for the benefit of the oligarchy. Donald, for all his failings, is at least willing to point this out on a national platform - as is Bernie Sanders.

This is why they are so popular.

Tell me, what is the difference between Chinese communist party elections, where the party establishment chooses the candidates most appropriate to the establishment itself, and the US system as it stands right now? We can see how up-in-arms the parties have been at the 'gall' of the public to vote for candidates whose policies fall outside of the general narrative that's been espoused by both parties for at least the last 25 years.

This is from an American on Reddit and completely sums up the problem:

"Basically, the current Democratic establishment says that you better vote for them based on your liberal social views because the alternative is someone with conservative social views. All the while, the whole debate is a smoke screen for both parties to enrich party elites, and donors, at the expense of middle and working class Americans."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

I don't think he is an idiot, he knows very well what he is doing. It's the people that agree with what he says that are the idiots. They make up what they think he means to an extent that they put an english teacher to shame.
    I can see why people would want to vote for him due to being fed up with the choice of business interests vs business interests with a dash of Christian domionism. Although I am sceptical of how voting for the business owner instead of who he bribes will be much different.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 976 ✭✭✭beach_walker

To be fair to him, I think a lot of what he's come out with seems pretty spot on (from your average American voters POV). It's ludicrous that the US is subsidising so many countries defence, Wall Street has far too much power (just look at Obama's team for the past 8 years to see the intermingling), American infrastructure is crumbling, unemployment, the destruction of the manufacturing base and tax avoidance of large corporations, tensions with Russia need to be calmed down etc. etc.

But then he comes out with the Wall sh!te and rapist guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

I'd be very much for his political views tbh and hope he becomes president.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Look, for many Americans their biggest issue is that they have been getting poorer for over 30 years, while corporate interests have been getting incredibly richer. They are sick of the establishment who have for many years now legislated purely for the benefit of the oligarchy. Donald, for all his failings, is at least willing to point this out on a national platform - as is Bernie Sanders.

This is why they are so popular.

Do you really think that the Donald will go against corporate interests in favour of the poor?

brevity wrote: »

i worry ABOUT the people who are voting for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

what political views? He doesnt have any. He has some personal ones that he walks back on constantly. The man is a born liar and as beautifully pointed out by Jon Stewart the other day .. a manbaby.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Hillary getting into office will be great for us and bad for Americans.

Trump getting into office will be great for Americans and bad for us.

Trump is the only person that give a crap about Americans and American jobs. If you lived in a mid to large sized town that is reliant on factories and specific industries for employment, Trump is your only option.

Anywhere outside of the Cities should be Trump territory and the Republican Party being actively against him will do him wonders.

Do you really think that the Donald will go against corporate interests in favour of the poor?

Compared to who? Hillary? Yes, but that wouldn't be hard.

I'm not a Trump supporter - I'm just pointing out that Americans are waking up to the fact that their national wealth and resources have been transferred upwards towards the elites in society at an ever-increasing rate. I recall from a Guardian article recently a figure of $4,000 in returns for every $1 spent on lobbying by American special interests. Theft is the word that comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

The man is either bonkers (and an asshat) or brilliant (and an asshat). It's like voting for a Youtube comment thread to be president. It'd probably do less harm in the long run at that.

At least if he does become president, at worst with a Republican house too, even they are likely to put reins on him to prevent him causing World War III, IV and V all at once.

Clinton...has issues, yes. She's been around the block enough to know what just isn't feasible at least. Trump is likely to try anything and like hell will he admit it when it doesn't work. I admit, I'd be somewhat amused to see the Mexicans laughing in his face if he did get in and start up his famous Wall idea. Or at least if he tries to make them pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,228 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Don't like him, but Clinton is not the lovey dovey,Goody Goody the media likes you to believe

Compared to who? Hillary? Yes, but that wouldn't be hard.

I'm not a Trump supporter - I'm just pointing out that Americans are waking up to the fact that their national wealth and resources have been transferred upwards towards the elites in society at an ever-increasing rate. I recall from a Guardian article recently a figure of $4,000 in returns for every $1 spent on lobbying by American special interests. Theft is the word that comes to mind.

the only person that the Donald cares about is the Donald.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

A bullying,racist, anti woman fat bloke with narcissistic personality disorder,watch him boil when someone puts him down.

His popularity is down to his straight talking,it goes a long way with the public.
    Don't know what it says about America that a guy like this can be running for President.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Anyone who thinks he's not going to do everything in his power to make it so the rich get richer is dreaming. He'll say and do whatever he needs to to get elected, but he has no interest in helping anyone but himself.

He transcends narcissism. He wants to be President because he sees it as a trophy. He's never wrong, and if it's pointed out why he's wrong, he just flat out denies being wrong, to the point where I think he actually convinces himself he was right all along.

And if he became President, nothing would be done for 4 years. The Democrats won't be able to get anything done, and Republicans will likely spend so much time and effort putting out fires caused by Trump that nothing of substance will happen.

He's a moron. He makes Kanye West look like Malala Yousafzai.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I've never liked him and especially never liked Clinton but he says exactly what a lot of people over there want to hear. They're lapping him up and the disgraceful behaviour of some people lashing out at Trump supporters is making things ten times worse by adding fuel to the fire.

I was in America at the time he announced he was running and the Americans I was with were fully on board with his anti-vaccine and anti-immigrant remarks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

American citizen here. Trump will lose. He will lose because he is a joke. He is unqualified, unsuitable, and doesn't even truly want the job. What persuades you that he is remotely electable is because of all the morons and troublemakers in his train making a deafening noise. If by some miracle he does wind up being elected (and it will take a genuine, "Hell is freezing over" miracle) he will not last in office. Sanders wouldn't be taken seriously enough by the people with the money and the guns. I will vote for Sanders in the primary, Clinton in the election, because that is how it is going to play out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement