Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Poll skewed towards democrats, shows democratic candidate winning, not much of a surprise there.

Anyone who thinks Trump scored well in any category other than biggest buffoon needs their head examined.

I'm not saying the US electorate doesn't include a significant number of idiots (8 years of GWB) but the notion that someone like Trump could be entrusted with the presidency is beyond ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Poll skewed towards democrats, shows democratic candidate winning, not much of a surprise there.

Same as all the online polls. Anyone who doesn't think they've been skewed by Trump supporters who were poised to vote for Trump in the polls regardless of how well he did is insane in the membrane. Remember, perception is reality for a lot of people. If online polls can show Trump won, people who didn't even watch the debates will think Trump won.

Anyone who watches the debate themselves and judges for themselves how well both did will clearly see Clinton won by a large margin. Trump had no, or extremely poor, responses to what Clinton put to him for most of the debate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

How can Hillary defend the disaster which is Libya?

Which bits of it are you blaming her for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Letree wrote: »
    If Clinton really did win the MSM would have been dancing on his grave today. As they don't seem to be then i'd say Trump must have done good.

You should do yourself a favour and watch the debate. The only reason the media are trying to swing this as a close debate of Trump win is to carry on drumming up hype and ratings. Simple as that.

During the debate, even many Trump fans were conceding defeat on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

When will you put up the polls that say Trump won the Debate?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,820 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

K-9 wrote: »
    The new Joe the plumber will be that guy Trump didn't pay, on whatever building project Trump was involved in.

Expect Hillary to double down on this ordinary Joe who just emailed us, who had to let go of hundreds of people just like you due so Trump could pay no taxes, versus, he was shyte at his job, the American Dream, work hard, play hard and you get to me.

The bit I saw she mentioned her grandfather "the draper" about 10 times in 2 minutes as if this is meant to paint her as "working class" or woman of the people. When he reality she has had privileged upbringing like Trump as well, although with not as many noughts at the end of the numbers.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

You forgot about Reagan, the guy was an actor, Trump is a businessman

You left out the part where Reagan was governor of California for 8 full years prior to being president.

You should try actually watching the debate. Mightn't make for pleasant viewing, but it might inform you.

Also, the question of who won the debate in a rational technical points scoring way is kind of off tbh.

This is about getting votes and making people like you, not rational debate.

Is Hillary more popular with voters now? Then she won.

Is Trump more popular with voters now? Then he won.

Exactly Hillary has the charm and charisma of a wet fish. Even if she is more qualified to be president she still manages to seem less likeable then Trump which is some achievement, considering the stuff he has said.

Hillary seems robotic and insincere. Even if Trump is insincere at least he does not appear to be robotic. He has his target market tapped "white, guns and god" and speaks off the cuff which is why he got this far in the first place.

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »

You should try actually watching the debate. Mightn't make for pleasant viewing, but it might inform you.
    Im only watching snippets. I have done enough research to know Hillary is as bent as a Uri Geller spoon.

He has his target market tapped "white, guns and god" and speaks off the cuff which is why he got this far in the first place.

A shrinking demographic that gets you the GOP nomination and a hiding in November.

Also, the question of who won the debate in a rational technical points scoring way is kind of off tbh.

This is about getting votes and making people like you, not rational debate.

Is Hillary more popular with voters now? Then she won.

Is Trump more popular with voters now? Then he won.

Exactly Hillary has the charm and charisma of a wet fish. Even if she is more qualified to be president she still manages to seem less likeable then Trump which is some achievement, considering the stuff he has said.

Hillary seems robotic and insincere. Even if Trump is insincere at least he does not appear to be robotic. He has his target market tapped "white, guns and god" and speaks off the cuff which is why he got this far in the first place.
    What do you expect? She is an Establishment candidate who is told what to say and everything she says is pre planned. She also has no passion in anything she says, it is so robotic, frankly boring if truth be told. Does she actually believe in anything?

First Up wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks Trump scored well in any category other than biggest buffoon needs their head examined.

I'm not saying the US electorate doesn't include a significant number of idiots (8 years of GWB) but the notion that someone like Trump could be entrusted with the presidency is beyond ridiculous.

I don't get this hysteria at all. You swear if Trump got in power he would start world war three immediately!

I think that he will actually get on well with the likes of Putin, whereas I cannot say the same for Hillary.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

A shrinking demographic that gets you the GOP nomination and a hiding in November.
    It's gotten to the point where the GOP can't even rig an election now by gerrymandering and removing black voters from the register.

Damn lefties and their US constitution!

What do you expect? She is an Establishment candidate who is told what to say and everything she says is pre planned. She also has no passion in anything she says, it is so robotic, frankly boring if truth be told. Does she actually believe in anything?

Very good point. As bad as some of our politicians are they have a bit more life in them and most actually seem to believe in what they are saying. No matter what end of the political spectrum they are at.

I thought the debate was terrible to be honest. You would see better in a secondary school debate.

I don't get this hysteria at all. You swear if Trump got in power he would start world war three immediately!

I think that he will actually get on well with the likes of Putin, whereas I cannot say the same for Hillary.

Bit of a change of tack from the usual GOP line of Nuke 'Em All.

Trump has the attention span of a goldfish; he surrounds himself with sycophants, is unable to take the slightest criticism and has an unshakeable belief in his instincts with disregard for the facts. He is a wealthy ignoramus and bully with zero qualifications to be president.

It was famously said of GWB that he never asked questions. Trump makes him look like Einstein.

Im only watching snippets. I have done enough research to know Hillary is as bent as a Uri Geller spoon.

So you're asking a question you have no interest in the answer to. Thought so.

Billy86 wrote: »

So you're asking a question you have no interest in the answer to. Thought so.
    That she played a huge role in and even convinced Obama to go with it who was originally against it?

That she played a huge role in and even convinced Obama to go with it who was originally against it?

You've already been pointed to the answers, and told us you have no interest in them. But of course, you'll be "asking" again in a few days time.

And what's your opinion on Trump being entirely for it, too? Though I'm sure you'll also continue to ignore that also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

seamus wrote: »
    It's gotten to the point where the GOP can't even rig an election now by gerrymandering and removing black voters from the register.

Damn lefties and their US constitution!
    Sure just refer to it as redistricting and then it's fine when one side does it.

Bit of a change of tack from the usual GOP line of Nuke 'Em All.

Trump has the attention span of a goldfish; he surrounds himself with sycophants, is unable to take the slightest criticism and has an unshakeable belief in his instincts with disregard for the facts. He is a wealthy ignoramus and bully with zero qualifications to be president.

It was famously said of GWB that he never asked questions. Trump makes him look like Einstein.

All of which shows why he will get on well with the likes of Putin. Putin would respect Trump, I doubt he respects Hillary.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,453 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

All of which shows why he will get on well with the likes of Putin. Putin would respect Trump, I doubt he respects Hillary.

respect him? he would realise he is a blowhard who can be easily manipulated. Putin would love it if trump was elected.

respect him? he would realise he is a blowhard who can be easily manipulated. Putin would love it if trump was elected.
    You don't become as successful as he has and be easily manipulated.

Trump leading in Ohio and Florida, if he wins those two, he will be President. Colorado is also up for grabs. He then can make America great again.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,453 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You don't become as successful as he has and be easily manipulated.

Trump leading in Ohio and Florida, if he wins those two, he will be President. Colorado is also up for grabs. He then can make America great again.

trumps aides would be afraid to leave him alone in the same room as putin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

rsh118 wrote: »
    Watching him (shifts eyes right) read from the tele... (Shifts eyes centre momentarily, shifts eyes left) prompter might have been (shifts eyes right) one of the most painful (shifts eyes centre) look a lot of people are saying to me 'Donald can't read off the TelePrompTer,' he can read off the TelePrompTer I assure you. A lot of people have complimented him on how he reads off the TelePrompTer and he's going to continue doing so. Bigly.
    Funny story: Trump apparently used the word "bigly" in the debates last night: some thought he meant "big league", others asked "is bigly even a word?". Well, according to the BBC, "bigly" is a bit archaic, but it is definitely a word in both American and British dictionaries. Now, if only we could do something about Trump's use of words ... :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Put in wouldn't respect Trump. Putins banks and minions already own a large chunk of Trump to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

bnt wrote:
    Funny story: Trump apparently used the word "bigly" in the debates last night: some thought he meant "big league", others asked "is bigly even a word?". Well, according to the BBC, "bigly" is a bit archaic, but it is definitely a word in both American and British dictionaries. Now, if only we could do something about Trump's use of words ...
    It's a perfectly cromulent word

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

I didn't see the debate. Hearing a lot of 'tax returns', 'emails', 'Putin' and 'health'. Was anything said or revealed that was in anyway unexpected? Did this debate have any affect on the election. (I know that's a very subjective question).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I didn't see the debate. Hearing a lot of 'tax returns', 'emails', 'Putin' and 'health'. Was anything said or revealed that was in anyway unexpected? Did this debate have any affect on the election. (I know that's a very subjective question).

People got what they expected.

I don't think it will have a huge effect.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement