Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

First Up wrote: »
    No, its hard to believe why they would.

Maybe they want change.

There is a good chance the Trump can actually win this and that is why.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

It's hard to believe, there are people who have a different opinion than yours?

Hard to believe why they would.

Hard to believe why they would.

Whats so hard to believe?

He won Ohio today, is the state of Ohio disillusioned?

He won nothing today but if Ohio thinks Trump is the answer to any of America's problems, they are more than disillusioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Whats so hard to believe?

How did he 'win' Ohio today, exactly?

I mean it is looking like one of the few 'battleground' states more likely to go to him, but I'd be interested to hear how he has 'won' it 6-odd weeks before the election?

EDIT: All I could find was an article from Trump's campaign team citing a 2pt lead there on RCP. If that's what you are referring to, Trump had better hope he did not 'win' Ohio today, or he has already lost the election. Thankfully for him I guess, elections don't get decided 6 weeks before they take place.

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    How did he 'win' Ohio today, exactly?

I mean it is looking like one of the few 'battleground' states more likely to go to him, but I'd be interested to hear how he has 'won' it 6-odd weeks before the election?

EDIT: All I could find was an article from Trump's campaign team citing a 2pt lead there on RCP. If that's what you are referring to, Trump had better hope he did not 'win' Ohio today, or he has already lost the election. Thankfully for him I guess, elections don't get decided 6 weeks before they take place.

Up 5 points even after media claiming he lost the debate.

Serious question, have you got a little feeling he might win this?

I listen to a radio station from Dallas, starts at 3 just after Joe Duffy :eek:

It's biased towards Clinton but today they had a truck driver on and he was saying all he could see was vote Trump signs on peoples lawns not vote Clinton. They cut him right off.

Check it out, Marfa public radio at 3pm.

Up 5 points even after media claiming he lost the debate.
    Link please. RCP and even Trump's campaign team (Breitbart) say 2pts, the latter of which was from an article published today. And those are from Sep 23rd polls, as in before the debate. I've searched but cannot find a post debate poll on Ohio.

Election could go Trump's way, but he's got an uphill battle on the run in and if the last debate was anything to go by, he's going to struggle to not fall further behind - never mind catch up. He'll need a YUGE improvement on that sh*t show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I listen to a radio station from Dallas, starts at 3 just after Joe Duffy :eek:

It's biased towards Clinton but today they had a truck driver on and he was saying all he could see was vote Trump signs on peoples lawns not vote Clinton. They cut him right off.

Check it out, Marfa public radio at 3pm.

"Public Radio" means publicly funded and part of the NPR network. It really shouldnt be too biased towards any candidate due to their public funding. And I would be highly surprised if a station in in Red state Texas could get away with being biased towards Clinton. National Public Radio is highly respected within the USA.

http://www.npr.org/

And Marfa isnt Dallas. Its at the south west corner of the state, near the Mexican border.

Save

Link please. RCP and even Trump's campaign team (Breitbart) say 2pts, the latter of which was from an article published today. And those are from Sep 23rd polls, as in before the debate. I've searched but cannot find a post debate poll on Ohio.

Election could go Trump's way, but he's got an uphill battle on the run in and if the last debate was anything to go by, he's going to struggle to not fall further behind - never mind catch up. He'll need a YUGE improvement on that sh*t show.

All I could find was Fox news.

My apologies.

InTheTrees wrote: »
    "Public Radio" means publicly funded and part of the NPR network. It really shouldnt be too biased towards any candidate due to their public funding. And I would be highly surprised if a station in in Red state Texas could get away with being biased towards Clinton. National Public Radio is highly respected within the USA.

http://www.npr.org/

And Marfa isnt Dallas. Its at the south west corner of the state, near the Mexican border.

Save

I never looked it up, they keep saying saying Dallas so I assumed wrong.

But check it out and hear for yourself.

• Advertisement

How bad of an opponent is Hilary if Trump can actually win?

People just don't like her.

All I could find was Fox news.

My apologies.

At 0:08 you can see it is from Bloomberg politics in tiny writing down at the bottom, so I did a search, and it is a real poll... from September 9-12th, or 2.5 - 3 weeks ago!! :p

Not sure if it's FOX lying again or not though, since it's not off their official youtube channel (don't know if they have one? But I assume they do) but was only uploaded yesterday.

He does have the lead in Ohio mind you, but it's pretty close and has no post debate polls yet (that I can find at least, even outside of RCP) - http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/oh/ohio_trump_vs_clinton-5634.html

At 0:08 you can see it is from Bloomberg politics in tiny writing down at the bottom, so I did a search, and it is a real poll... from September 9-12th, or 2.5 - 3 weeks ago!! :p

Not sure if it's FOX lying again or not though, since it's not off their official youtube channel (don't know if they have one? But I assume they do) but was only uploaded yesterday.

He does have the lead in Ohio mind you, but it's pretty close and has no post debate polls yet (that I can find at least, even outside of RCP) - http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/oh/ohio_trump_vs_clinton-5634.html

I see that now myself.:o

I see that now myself.:o

Ah no worries, this is usually a really good indicator I find - http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_elections_electoral_college_map.html . Has some interactivity to fiddle around with and see what states impact the possible outcomes too.

Ah no worries, this is usually a really good indicator I find - http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_elections_electoral_college_map.html . Has some interactivity to fiddle around with and see what states impact the possible outcomes too.

Thanks for that.

People just don't like her.

I'm not nuts about her myself but that doesn't justify voting for a total lunatic.

I'm not nuts about her myself but that doesn't justify voting for a total lunatic.
    A lunatic with a f*** tonne of charisma and an unbelievable talent for sales, mind you.

I'm thinking if Trump loses, 5 years from now his supporters will mostly be asking themselves WTF were they thinking. Then again, if he wins I'm guessing it will take a lot, lot less time for them to develop that same buyer's remorse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I never looked it up, they keep saying saying Dallas so I assumed wrong.

But check it out and hear for yourself.

Easy to confuse, its perfectly possible someone called in from Dallas, especially a truck driver.

Off topic but I'd actually heard of Marfa. They're pushing the tourist thing but are kind of stuck away in the middle of...nowhere. Looks like an interesting place though, i'd stop off if I was passing.

http://www.visitmarfa.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Still waiting for some rational reasons as to why people don't like Hilary. It's repeatedly said she should be in jail and is a crook but amazingly after 25 years of republicans trying to take her down they have produced nothing.

Here's my 2 cents: she's had so much thrown at her that a normal person would have fallen apart but she hasn't so republicans conclude she is not normal and icy cold and that makes them hate her more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I think we will be in for a Brexit type shock with Trump. i.e. people will go to bed on election day thinking Hillary has it in the bag and the bumbling inarticulate fool hasnt a hope. Yet he will win. That truly scares me.

• Advertisement

Still waiting for some rational reasons as to why people don't like Hilary. It's repeatedly said she should be in jail and is a crook but amazingly after 25 years of republicans trying to take her down they have produced nothing.

Here's my 2 cents: she's had so much thrown at her that a normal person would have fallen apart but she hasn't so republicans conclude she is not normal and icy cold and that makes them hate her more.

She's not likable on camera, in complete contrast to Bill. Though many of the accusations or reasons put forward by Trump fans are just as applicable to Donald in return (corruption, dodgy dealings, stances of Iraq/Libya, etc etc). The disillusioned rust-belt lads (like in Ohio!) have a decent reason though I completely believe they're being sold snake oil by Trump, but others? I'll go between a mish mash of bigots getting vindication, and decent people being caught under a sales spell (I've worked a good deal in sales, and believe me it very much is a real thing!)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,131 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

http://www.270towin.com/

Map /
    Trump needs Ohio and Florida I would think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Off topic but I'd actually heard of Marfa.

Me too, the Marfa lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I think we will be in for a Brexit type shock with Trump. i.e. people will go to bed on election day thinking Hillary has it in the bag and the bumbling inarticulate fool hasnt a hope. Yet he will win. That truly scares me.

This lie again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

http://www.270towin.com/

Map /
    Trump needs Ohio and Florida I would think.

Clinton can win without both

Pennsylvania, Michigan and Virginia are the key. Clinton wins all 3 and she will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

She's cold, too polished and comes across as insincere.
    She's a multi millionaire with a team of advisors from major banking corporations.
    She's complicit in launching drone strikes and air strikes that have killed hundreds of civilians
    She's effectively a Republican candidate with some identity politics thrown in to seem progressive.

I'd still vote for her before trump but it really is a choice between a turd and a **** sandwich

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

ChikiChiki wrote: »

Brexit was a ripple compared to the shockwaves that King Combover getting elected would generate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

This election is really bringing out the best in people.

This lie again

To be fair, Farage condeded defea before the votes were counted - but that's because he's a coward. Polls did show 'leave' winning for a solid 6 weeks or so until the pro-leave terrorist attack that killed Jo Cox, reactionary move went back to remain for the week or two between then and the vote.

• Advertisement

Though many of the accusations or reasons put forward by Trump fans are just as applicable to Donald in return (corruption, dodgy dealings, stances of Iraq/Libya, etc etc).
    Case in point... it's amazing that idiots like this think they're doing anything to persuade the neutrals.
    This election is really bringing out the best in people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement