Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

These protesters (rioters) are morons. Do they really think that attacking the police, Trump supporters and attempting to shut it all down (while waving Mexican flags...) actually makes them look good? What do they think your average Joe seeing all this on the news makes of it? Trump must be laughing his ass off.

Trump is a liar, a racist. Has a narcissistic personality disorder, and is an egomaniac. The protesters are not morons they just see a less bright future for themselves and the rest of the world if he is President.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 976 ✭✭✭beach_walker

Trump is a liar, a racist. Has a narcissistic personality disorder, and is an egomaniac.

Completely irrelevant to my post.
    The protesters are not morons they just see a less bright future for themselves and the rest of the world if he is President.

They are morons. This kind of idiocy will only get more support for Trump. I realise it's hard for them to realise ("but our cause is just!") but they really are shooting themselves in the foot.

I'm in work and forgot my earphones, can't watch that video.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

i think hes great for a fair few reasons but mainly because its great to see and hear someone who actually has an opinion which is different to most and wont back down or pretend because others say "thats wrong" :rolleyes:

just wish we in Eire has someone of the same mind in government, rather than our passive, "itll be grand" "isnt it terrible" let everyone in even if it means no jobs for us because of course nothing is to do with the other :rolleyes: etc etc ways! :mad:

Just goes to show money talks and can do a lot for you the more you have of it, we need to get away from the mentality of this country of "if you do nothing you get everything" and keeping everyone down so they die poorer sooner! thats how i see things now clearly the more i experience and see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

He doesn't have any discernable opinions though. He lies, contradicts himself, all of the time - saying whatever he needs to generate controversy and/or gain support - you can't trust a single thing he says.

Voting in somebody like that, is outright dangerous - nobody knows what he actually stands for, or will do, if he gets into power.

There are valid arguments to be had against mass immigration - which 'The Left' have totally failed to deliver on - but Trump is tapping into the ignorant/extremist/dangerous end of anti-immigrant arguments, which go way beyond the valid arguments that are to be had, and which raise very worrying concerns about what he may do if he gets into power.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    i think hes great for a fair few reasons but mainly because its great to see and hear someone who actually has an opinion which is different to most and wont back down or pretend because others say "thats wrong" :rolleyes:
    What is his opinion though? He flip flops so much on pretty much everything - it's very hard to tell what Donald Trump actually stands for.

• Advertisement

But isnt the contradictory thing gone on with most if not all politicians since whenever :pac:

i do see your point on what hell do if president as extremists go, i mean hell have nuclear weapons at his go ahead pretty much lol, possably the reason why i havent been able to go for president stakes tbh, sometimes to make the world/your own country A BETTER PLACE YOU GOTTA CLEAR IT!

What is his opinion though? He flip flops so much on pretty much everything - it's very hard to tell what Donald Trump actually stands for.

i take from his opinions mainly that he wants to "make america great again" by getting rid of the immigrants/foreigners etc and then getting the country back to rights again work/jobwise etc, something that we really should be looking into imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

There's a difference between politicians reneging on promises - as reprehensible and regular as that is - and a politician without even a stated platform to renege on (where we can't hold him to any stated standard).

There are pretty strong echo's of the 1920's/30's in world politics now - we don't know when we may see another 1930's Germany - and since we have no idea what Trump actually stands for, and since he is tapping into some of the same extremist politics as abounded in that era - we don't know whether he may turn the US in that direction.

That's why it's so dangerous - for all we know, he could make efforts to further curtail democracy in the US.

Western countries in general, do need to boost spending for creating jobs etc. - and that's exactly what was done in e.g. 1930's Germany, it was a huge success - this type of recovery can come in more than one form though:
    In the extremist form, not unlike 1930's fascist states in Europe - and in the the proper democratic/progressive form, like the US in the 1930's - and we don't know which one we'd see, with Trump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

i take from his opinions mainly that he wants to "make america great again" by getting rid of the immigrants/foreigners etc and then getting the country back to rights again work/jobwise etc, something that we really should be looking into imho.

Getting rid of all the immigrants will leave the country very empty. Will Trump be on the first boats back to Europe? I dont know if we should be taking in these religious extremists.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

is it coincidence that they are releasing purge 2 movie now in cincemas american election year , quite strange it comes on before any trump videos on youtube :D ? seems smth that would trump implement,if he had total power.

Jokes aside,its slim chances he will become president,even worse if it happens - since he pushes a lot on white power crap,and cops/guns agenda -sort of imagine only more violence steaming from other ethnic groups and clashes in general .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Vague slogans and promises that will cripple the US economy (an opinion he has flip flopped on btw) aren't exactly president-worthy. Is there anything of substance you like? You seem to know precious little about the man.

As for applying that to here, lord. I wasn't aware we had an immigrant problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Vague slogans and promises that will cripple the US economy (an opinion he has flip flopped on btw) aren't exactly president-worthy. Is there anything of substance you like? You seem to know precious little about the man.

"oh yeah, and we're gonna replace Obamacare."
    "How are you going to do that Mr.Trump?"
    "We're gonna replace it with something even better!"
    "Such as?"
    "You'll see...it's gonna be great."

I'm paraphrasing here, but he is a spoofer of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

well take back 10yrs ago it seemed it was problem for many with eastern Europeans coming here,and plenty of articles in newspapers daily.once recession hit and many Irish went away to AU you got quite few articles videos of how locals were irritated by Irish,but now again once most settled its all well.
    theres quite few documentaries,on US where mexicans are majority in farm works and low level jobs,and none americans asked collecting welfare would take such roles.Thus employers being how can i get someone legal to work here if none will take it,not sure how trump sees the US but definitely has issues with overall view on local economy proven dozen times,even his main businesses revolve on sourcing most income from outside cheap labor.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 976 ✭✭✭beach_walker

scamalert wrote: »
    Jokes aside,its slim chances he will become president

I wouldn't agree at all.

- The Dems are gonna continue their infighting right up to July 25th, and I expect that'll be a serious sh!tshow as the Bernie heads finally realise the game is up. Meanwhile the GOP can sit back and laugh.
    - The refugee crisis in Europe will continue to increase over the Summer, and you can probably expect a terror attack or two between here and November. All that stuff buoys Trump.
    - We're seeing the GOP base starting to get around Trump despite all the earlier talk of staying at home.
    - Maybe something will come up out of the investigation into Hillary and the emails, who knows.
    - He's spent f-all compared to his rivals so far, the war chest will be primed for Hillary.

He may not win, but he's hardly an outside chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

But isnt the contradictory thing gone on with most if not all politicians since whenever :pac:
    But wasn't your point that you like him because he is different to the other politicians? Now you're defending him by saying he is simply the same as all other politicians?
    i do see your point on what hell do if president as extremists go, i mean hell have nuclear weapons at his go ahead pretty much lol, possably the reason why i havent been able to go for president stakes tbh, sometimes to make the world/your own country A BETTER PLACE YOU GOTTA CLEAR IT!
    I've got to be honest, this reads like you just want him in because you want genocide?

So you want all the Irish people in the entire world to be forcibly returned to Ireland? Do you not see the massive economic issues that would bring?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Donald Trump has released an attack featuring women claiming Bill Clinton had raped them that fades out with Hilary Clinton laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,936 ✭✭✭✭briany

Billy86 wrote: »
    So you want all the Irish people in the entire world to be forcibly returned to Ireland? Do you not see the massive economic issues that would bring?

Trump's immigration policies seem to be focusing on illegals and, from what I can gather, certain groups of them above others. But if Irish people are among those illegals, overstaying a visa or whatever, and they get turfed out, I don't think anyone can be doing much crying about it.

briany wrote: »
    Trump's immigration policies seem to be focusing on illegals and, from what I can gather, certain groups of them above others. But if Irish people are among those illegals, overstaying a visa or whatever, and they get turfed out, I don't think anyone can be doing much crying about it.

The poster I responded to didn't want onky illegals gone, they want all migrants and foreigners out. Such a (hyopethical) thing happening on a global scale would cripple Ireland. So I'm interested if the other poster has thought about it at all beyond the standard "I hate bleedin' foreigners being in my country" stuff.

In terms of illegals specifically, if he is looking to get rid of them all, well that's impossible. Beyond that though, it would need to be a long process as immediately removing all illegals from the US would also cripple them. And we rely heavily on their economy, so would likely cripple us too, in turn.

• Site Banned Posts: 104 ✭✭Joxer_Daly

Billy86 wrote: »
    Beyond that though, it would need to be a long process as immediately removing all illegals from the US would also cripple them. And we rely heavily on their economy, so would likely cripple us too, in turn.

It would not cripple them. Quite the opposite.
    This report estimates the annual costs of illegal immigration at the federal, state and local level to be about $113 billion; nearly $29 billion at the federal level and $84 billion at the state and local level. The study also estimates tax collections from illegal alien workers, both those in the above-ground economy and those in the underground economy. Those receipts do not come close to the level of expenditures and, in any case, are misleading as an offset because over time unemployed and underemployed U.S. workers would replace illegal alien workers.

Key Findings

Illegal immigration costs U.S. taxpayers about $113 billion a year at the federal, state and local level. The bulk of the costs — some $84 billion — are absorbed by state and local governments.The annual outlay that illegal aliens cost U.S. taxpayers is an average amount per native-headed household of $1,117. The fiscal impact per household varies considerably because the greatest share of the burden falls on state and local taxpayers whose burden depends on the size of the illegal alien population in that localityEducation for the children of illegal aliens constitutes the single largest cost to taxpayers, at an annual price tag of nearly $52 billion. Nearly all of those costs are absorbed by state and local governments.At the federal level, about one-third of outlays are matched by tax collections from illegal aliens. At the state and local level, an average of less than 5 percent of the public costs associated with illegal immigration is recouped through taxes collected from illegalaliens.Most illegal aliens do not pay income taxes. Among those who do, much of the revenues collected are refunded to the illegal aliens when they file tax returns. Many are also claiming tax credits resulting in payments from the U.S. Treasury.

With many state budgets in deficit, policymakers have an obligation to look for ways to reduce the fiscal burden of illegal migration. California, facing a budget deficit of $14.4 billion in 2010-2011, is hit with an estimated $21.8 billion in annual expenditures on illegal aliens. New York’s $6.8 billion deficit is smaller than its $9.5 billion in yearly illegal alien costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Trump is a liar, a racist. Has a narcissistic personality disorder, and is an egomaniac. The protesters are not morons they just see a less bright future for themselves and the rest of the world if he is President.
    Every presidential candidate is all of those except racist. And Trump isn't racist.

Have people forgotten. Donald was promoting the birther movement before he even ran for President. He was saying Obama was a Muslim, a Kenyan, and was not a natural born US citizen. You can see where this all heading. Anyone who is not is White is going to be worse off. I believe he said 9/11 was an inside job. The is kind of nonsense Hitler promoted in Mein Kampf and i find it worrisome.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,578 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Have people forgotten. Donald was promoting the birther movement before he even ran for President. He was saying Obama was a Muslim, a Kenyan, and was not a natural born US citizen. You can see where this all heading. Anyone who is not is White is going to be worse off. I believe he said 9/11 was an inside job. The is kind of nonsense Hitler promoted in Mein Kampf and i find it worrisome.

Sure he stated climate change was made up then used it in an application to build a sea wall around his golf course here stating soil erosion due to climate change/global warming :D

• Site Banned Posts: 104 ✭✭Joxer_Daly

Sure he stated climate change was made up then used it in an application to build a sea wall around his golf course here stating soil erosion due to climate change/global warming :D

Businessman says something to speed up the planning process.

Shocker.

Hes a fruitcake. He accusing Bill Clinton of killing someone now..

The presumptive Republican nominee has spotlighted a 1999 rape allegation against Bill Clinton and called the 1993 death of deputy White House counsel Vincent Foster “very fishy”

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/may/24/trump-bill-clinton-accusations-sanders-kentucky-recanvass

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

Really, Hitler had things to say about 9/11 and Obama? That's amazing!

Cienciano wrote: »
    Every presidential candidate is all of those except racist. And Trump isn't racist.

Trump has been known to be a racist since the 80's. Even hes former Wife said he used to read Hitler speeches before sleeping in the 90's. The book he read was
    http://www.amazon.com/My-new-order-Adolf-Hitler/dp/0374939187

meepins wrote: »
    Really, Hitler had things to say about 9/11 and Obama? That's amazing!

Hate, racism, nationalism, white power Hitler promoted all this crap to gain power. Trump is know different hes a Fascist.

Obama was black he questioned hes right to be president? Why else would he support the birther movement?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,578 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Joxer_Daly wrote: »
    Businessman says something to speed up the planning process.

Shocker.

Is he a businessman or a politician? Contradicting yourself is okay when running for president?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Hes a fruitcake. He accusing Bill Clinton of killing someone now..

The presumptive Republican nominee has spotlighted a 1999 rape allegation against Bill Clinton and called the 1993 death of deputy White House counsel Vincent Foster “very fishy”

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/may/24/trump-bill-clinton-accusations-sanders-kentucky-recanvass

Hilary is also accused of covering up Bills sex scandals and blackmailing 'victims'.
    http://www.amazon.com/Clintons-War-Women-Roger-Stone/dp/151070678X

It's going to be a dirty election.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement