Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

Even after seeing Trump as racist, sexist and often clueless he still has a quality that brightens up the room. Like a guy you wouldn't mind having a drink and a laugh with but always mindful that this guy has serious issues...

No.

No, not at all.

I'm not one of those people who portray him as the epitome of evil or anything. He's just an arsehole. I can't say I like Clinton, but I'd imagine she'd be far better company for a drink and a laugh with any time. She'd just be more...normal and rational, not some boorish sexist racist egomaniac who confuses possessing money with being interesting and intelligent, who would make me ashamed to be in their company. I kinda like Trump for being an open book...but I hate everything in that book.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Billy86 wrote: »
    His popularity has been in complete free-fall since the morning after the first debate.

Virginia is usually seen as a 'toss up' state, but Clinton has a bigger lead there than Trump has in Texas. TEXAS!! He's also only got the tiniest lead (1 point) in Arizona, which has only gone Dem once since 1948 (Clinton 1996).

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_elections_electoral_college_map.html

He was in major trouble beforehand, barring a miracle on Sunday this could be the end of the line.

It could be., and to be honest I don't really care. What I find amazing is the way this is so one sided from the media. Let the people decide, that what democracy is all about after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

KoolKid wrote: »
    It could be., and to be honest I don't really care. What I find amazing is the way this is so one sided from the media. Let the people decide, that what democracy is all about after all.
    How exactly is it one sided for them to literally what he says? The guy just keeps inviting it on himself over and over; this same treatment is what won him the GOP nomination after all.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The only press I see him getting is negative.
    There were a lot of nominations from the party, but he won through. Some well informed people are voting for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Provide some examples of this media bias please with links. Tired of hearing this wheeled out over and over again with nothing to back it up, and despite the fact that others(I'm certainly not arsed) provide concrete evidence that there is no real apparent bias with sources and links, it just get wheeled out again and again.

• Advertisement

Provide some positive bias please...

And to make matters worse for Trump, the US Government has just come out and officially accused Russia of being responsible for the DNC hack - https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/oct/07/us-russia-dnc-hack-interfering-presidential-election . The bad optics just keep piling on for Donald.

You're the one who made the claim though, I'm sleepy so might have missed it but not sure anyone said he gets positive bias?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

And to make matters worse for Trump, the US Government has just come out and officially accused Russia of being responsible for the DNC hack - https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/oct/07/us-russia-dnc-hack-interfering-presidential-election . The bad optics just keep piling on for Donald.

Still just accusing. So, no solid evidence.

Still just accusing, so, no solid evidence.
    Yep, doubt they'd do it after several weeks without knowing a lot more than you or me though.

It really doesn't help Donald on the back of his comments released in the video tonight. What do you make of them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,763 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

there are cameras on him 24/7 and that's how he wanted it. He courted it - always did. His ego is insatiable and craves attention.

the footage of him is unedited. his tweets are his exact words put out there on social media by him.

but when it's repeated by the media, not out of context, it's the media's fault. They are biased. If the media call him an asshole for being an asshole that his fault - not theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

The negative press against Trump is (mostly) fairly gained, it's one sided because the same standard of scrutiny is not applied to Hillary Clinton. They hang on Trumps every word in an attempt to concoct a negative story about him (recent example would be the "terminally ill" comments, clearly a lighthearted joke)

All the mainstream media outlets in America are owned by a total of six corporations, many of which donate to Hillary's super pacs. The Hillary campaign has a direct line to them and will often feed them stories to put out. Very interesting that on the day wikileaks released more Clinton emails this audio gets leaked.

The Donald seems to be just thriving on bad /negative publicity.

A) I never said anything about positive bias, but it exists. http://www.breitbart.com/search/?s=trump for example. Positive bias is not a good thing in news, they should try to remain neutral.

B) Haha, classic. This would be like rocking in to a pub and saying "I've just come back from climbing to the peak of Everest with my hands tied behind my back." "What? Prove it!" says the barman "Well, you should prove I didn't do it!" - How very Trump-eque of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

i am not a fan of Clinton in fact i would say i dislike her but i'm honestly baffled at how anybody can vote for Trump, he's a racist, extremly sexist and frankly creepy man, amazingly thin skinned, ego maniac, he's never held political office in his life, has failed several times in business has literally no plausable plan about anything. It's worrying America is so stupid this lunatic could actually become leader, i don't think he will win but the fact it's still possible at this stage is a terrible indigent of American society.

Parachutes wrote: »
    The negative press against Trump is (mostly) fairly gained, it's one sided because the same standard of scrutiny is not applied to Hillary Clinton. They hang on Trumps every word in an attempt to concoct a negative story about him (recent example would be the "terminally ill" comments, clearly a lighthearted joke)

All the mainstream media outlets in America are owned by a total of six corporations, many of which donate to Hillary's super pacs. The Hillary campaign has a direct line to them and will often feed them stories to put out. Very interesting that on the day wikileaks released more Clinton emails this audio gets leaked.
    I don't remember Clinton making racist, sexist and bigoted comments non stop for the last number of weeks? It's not like they have to follow Trump when hes slapping it all over Twitter, and has made it a central part of his campaign.

Which stories about what Trump has said in recent weeks (or months, even) are false?

The wikileaks stuff will likely take a while to get trawled through; this is quick and easy for all to see.

Yep, doubt they'd do it after several weeks without knowing a lot more than you or me though.

It really doesn't help Donald on the back of his comments released in the video tonight. What do you make of them?

To be honest I haven't looked at his comments tonight.

I've been more interested in what is happening in Syria.

Russia claiming no fly zone, America still defending the rebels.

And think if Hilary gets in it's just going to continue.

Can I ask what are America doing in Syria?

The Donald seems to be just thriving on bad /negative publicity.
    Not really, no...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_elections_electoral_college_map.html
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/president/

He's losing the f***ing FOX polls. Are they in Clinton's pocket, too?

Here you go.

Thoughts?

If the Republicans had run Jeb Bush, anyone think he'd be home and hosed by now? Maybe dumber than a bag of spanners, but surely far less divisive than Trump, married to an Hispanic, would get all the Catholic voters, hasn't veered into to crazy ugly as much as Trump etc. etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,763 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I've been more interested in what is happening in Syria.

Russia claiming no fly zone, America still defending the rebels.

And think if Hilary gets in it's just going to continue.

Can I ask what are America doing in Syria?

this is starting to become so apparent - any Trump response is distraction distraction distraction. Don't answer the question, don't address the point. "Oh look over there... Nothing to see here"

If the Republicans had run Jeb Bush, anyone think he'd be home and hosed by now? Maybe dumber than a bag of spanners, but surely far less divisive than Trump, married to an Hispanic, would get all the Catholic voters, hasn't veered into to crazy ugly as much as Trump etc. etc.

If the Republicans had nominated any of their candidates except for Trump or Cruz they would have breezed into the white house.

Here you go.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are it was wrong to say that.

Pretty much anyone but Cruz, and they would have been. So naturally, Cruz was their second choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

I don't remember Clinton making racist, sexist and bigoted comments non stop for the last number of weeks? It's not like they have to follow Trump when hes slapping it all over Twitter, and has made it a central part of his campaign.

Which stories about what Trump has said in recent weeks (or months, even) are false?

The wikileaks stuff will likely take a while to get trawled through; this is quick and easy for all to see.
    I did say the negative coverage of Trump is mostly fair. The political spin in the subtext of most articles about Trump is fairly obvious and certain outlets (The Atlantic, New York Times) have come out and endorsed Clinton. They're bias is fairly blatant.

Even if you take the first debate for example, Lester Holt asked Trump 15 individual questions and demanded follow ups, whereas he asked Clinton a grand total of two.

I'm not defending Trump, but to say there is no double standard or coverage gap when compared to Clinton is just wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭nomadchocolate

Trump makes mysognistic or lewd comments about women. What a shock.

I have a bigger problem with Clinton rigging an election, the e-mail fiasco and herself.

Bazzo wrote: »
    If the Republicans had nominated any of their candidates except for Trump or Cruz they would have breezed into the white house.

So why didn't they??

everlast75 wrote: »
    this is starting to become so apparent - any Trump response is distraction distraction distraction. Don't answer the question, don't address the point. "Oh look over there... Nothing to see here"

People want change.

What point won't I address?

My thoughts are it was wrong to say that.

And it's probably cost him any remaining chance he had. Which in turn is, as you see it anyway (and I'm not saying rightly or wrongly), will make things a lot worse globally. But that's the kind of person the Republicans wanted, because that's exactly who he has been since day one of his campaign for the nomination.

It's just amazing the GOP nominated this guy. Had this come out in the primaries they would possibly have celebrated it as 'Oh, Donald!'. There is so, so much wrong with the psyche of all of American politics, but that party and it's base in particular.

• Advertisement

So why didn't they??

The million dollar question.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement