Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Parachutes wrote: »
    Besides, Trump has done a minute fraction of attack ads in comparison to Clinton. Trump will put a 20 second clip on his facebook whereas Clinton is spending 10's of millions in television ads against Trump.

Trump has spent a faction that Clinton has because he is running an incompetent inept campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Trump's basket of deplorables will vote for him, no matter what. That is why they are deplorable. :rolleyes:
    If as she said two weeks ago half of his supporters are deplorables, how many of the other half are left now?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Each campaign has an office full of people specifically researching negative stories about their opponent.

The negative ads are on TV all the time.

Tump doesn't have the Koch Bros. backing though, they usually do the dirt digging for Republicans.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Trump has spent a faction that Clinton has because he is running an incompetent inept campaign.
    Yet he is trailing just behind her. This man is a completely inept monster according to some people yet he's one heartbeat away from the presidency. Why spend money when you don't have to?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Can't help thinking this tape will really damage him.

Talking about coming on to women in a very direct fashion is bad enough but saying how he hit on a married woman and he wanted to 'F her' will not go down at all with conservatives in the US.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

If you type "Trump University" into google you get about 30 million results, if you type "Benghazi" you get about 20 million results. The story where some guy set up a dodgy school and some people felt ripped off (Clinton charges far more in speaking fees, believe me) vs a public officials incompetence and subsequent cover up of the deaths of American servicemen gets less coverage? Not to mention Benghazi was 3 years ago whereas the Trump University story only originated about a year ago.
    Sorry but nope... "Trump University" = 506,000 results. "Benghazi" = 19.9mn - https://s22.postimg.org/qc7sdm50h/image.png

By the way, you said CNN. So let's try the same search... "Trump University" = 377 results, "Benghazi" = 1,828 results - https://s15.postimg.org/cgnv2wdor/image.png
    I'm not claiming this audio shouldn't be covered, what I find odd is it gets leaked on the same day more Clinton emails come out and that's hardly being covered at all. Also, Trump has a sex drive? Big shocker. If you are a man you have talked like this in the past and if you claim you haven't you are a liar. This will get a lot of spin in the media and no doubt the Clinton campaign will get some great mileage out of it. The fact is that Trump's not your typical conservative evangelical republican candidate (a completely failing ideology) He's completely revolutionized a dying republican party and I believe this will be his lasting legacy if he doesn't win (which I'm sure he wont)
    It got leaked because the Clinton campaign would have been holding on to it to leak at a the best time for their interests - it's called an October surprise, and happens most election cycles. Pretty straight forward.

Nice job defending sexual assault though. Can't say I've bragged about "grabbing women by the pussy" as fact myself, but maybe that's just me. There is nothing to spin, it is what it is - Donald Trump bragging about sexually assaulting women, end of story.

Your tone has changed quite a bit by the way, what happened to:
    This isn't me defending Trump
    I'm not defending Trump

Yet he is trailing just behind her. This man is a completely inept monster according to some people yet he's one heartbeat away from the presidency. Why spend money when you don't have to?
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/president/

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_elections_electoral_college_map.html

http://uk.businessinsider.com/nate-silver-trump-clinton-polls-odds-2016-8?r=US&IR=T

You seem have missed the last several times they were posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

His goose is cooked based on the latest tape. Race over. I can only imagine there is more to be leaked over next few weeks.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Sorry but nope... "Trump University" = 506,000 results. "Benghazi" = 19.9mn - https://s22.postimg.org/qc7sdm50h/image.png

By the way, you said CNN. So let's try the same search... "Trump University" = 377 results, "Benghazi" = 1,828 results - https://s15.postimg.org/cgnv2wdor/image.png

It got leaked because the Clinton campaign would have been holding on to it to leak at a the best time for their interests - it's called an October surprise, and happens most election cycles. Pretty straight forward.

Nice job defending sexual assault though. Can't say I've bragged about "grabbing women by the pussy" as fact myself, but maybe that's just me. There is nothing to spin, it is what it is - Donald Trump bragging about sexually assaulting women, end of story.

Your tone has changed quite a bit by the way, what happened to:

You're certainly getting different results than I am. Trump University.PNG

I like Trump the man, not the politician. Donald Trump may be a lot of things but definitely not a sexual abuser (Unlike claims leveled against Bill Clinton)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

I like Trump the man, not the politician. Donald Trump may be a lot of things but definitely not a sexual abuser (Unlike claims leveled against Bill Clinton)

There is a tape of him admitting to being a sexual abuser didn't you hear about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

One has to wonder how Roger Ailes' debate prep is going.

Probably giving Trump high fives at the moment!

So over the last few days in most polling he is only 2-3 points behind and ahead in some polls. I would call that trailing.

You put not quotation marks. Meaning you get every result for the word 'trump' and every result for the word 'university' on the entire internet. UCD, DCU, and Top Trumps playing cards would be in there too.

Why no mention of the CNN image? You brought them up. And yet there they are giving way more results for Benghazi than Trump University.

20Cent wrote: »
    There is a tape of him admitting to being a sexual abuser didn't you hear about it?
    Source please.

Source please.

it's been posted a few times already.

^^ Nowhere does he admit being a sexual abuser. Nothing there but harmless banter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    His goose is cooked based on the latest tape. Race over. I can only imagine there is more to be leaked over next few weeks.

I doubt even Melania, especially Melania!, would vote for him now. Trump has two daughters - I actually feel sorry for them having to campaign for that lewd excuse of a man. Trump stated that as a star he could do anything he wanted to women. Imagine what that sexual predator thinks he might do to them if he were the President. :mad::mad:

^^ Nowhere does he admit being a sexual abuser. Nothing there but harmless banter.

No he's describing his actions with women without their consent.

"You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful – I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything."

brooke 2 wrote: »
    I doubt even Melania, especially Melania!, would vote for him now. Trump has two daughters - I actually feel sorry for them having to campaign for that lewd excuse of a man. Trump stated that as a star he could do anything he wanted to women. Imagine what that sexual predator thinks he might do to them if he were the President. :mad::mad:
    :rolleyes:
    Perhaps penetrating them with a cigar? Something a Clinton has already done in the oval office.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

how on Earth did the Republican party/Bush/candidates not unearth this in the primary...

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:
    Perhaps penetrating them with a cigar? Something a Clinton has already done in the oval office.
    You're right that would cost Bill votes.

https://www.justice.gov/ovw/sexual-assault
    Sexual assault is any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient. Falling under the definition of sexual assault are sexual activities as forced sexual intercourse, forcible sodomy, child molestation, incest, fondling, and attempted rape.

"You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful – I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything."

Yep, you're defending him bragging about sexual assaulting women. Classy stuff.

You're right that would cost Bill votes.
    Well, Hillary threatening to ruin the lives of Bubba Bill's mistresses should cost her votes... but the mainstream media miraculously gloss over the fact.

The man has had numerous wife's and owned the miss universe pageant. Is it any surprise he has made comments like these in private? people aren't voting for him due to his moral stature. This is the Clinton campaign 101, distract distract distract.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

Strazdas wrote: »
    Can't help thinking this tape will really damage him.

Looks like a whole lot of nothing to me.

https://www.justice.gov/ovw/sexual-assault
    Sexual assault is any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient. Falling under the definition of sexual assault are sexual activities as forced sexual intercourse, forcible sodomy, child molestation, incest, fondling, and attempted rape.

I don't believe he is being serious. While the comments are quite vulgar I do believe they are in jest. I can see how this could really hurt him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

Nah, you've just got a completely twisted view of reality is all.
    I can see how this could really hurt him though.
    How's that? They've being calling him Hitler for the best part of a year. I highly doubt a Trump supporter would be swayed by this pearl clutching.

Well, Hillary threatening to ruin the lives of Bubba Bill's mistresses should cost her votes... but the mainstream media miraculously gloss over the fact.

The man has had numerous wife's and owned the miss universe pageant. Is it any surprise he has made comments like these in private? people aren't voting for him due to his moral stature. This is the Clinton campaign 101, distract distract distract.
    So your point about cigars to which I replied was? Certainly not a distraction of the 101 variety I assume.

If people aren't voting for him because of his moral stature or his business ineptitude or his lack of experience or his foreign hawkishness, why are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Is it any surprise he has made comments like these in private? people aren't voting for him due to his moral stature.

The story is big.

Paul Ryan just issued a statment cancelling trumps appearance with him in WI tomorrow.

So your point about cigars to which I replied was? Certainly not a distraction of the 101 variety I assume.

If people aren't voting for him because of his moral stature or his business ineptitude or his lack of experience or his foreign hawkishness, why are they?
    Not really, considering the shenanigans the Clinton's have been up to over the years should really concern the average American, not Trump having a laugh in the back of a bus.

Also, Trump is not an inept business man. He may not be politically savvy but he is a world class business man (and before you point out Trump steaks or something else all business people have failures, it's part of being an entrepreneur) his foreign hawkishness is debatable to be honest.

He lost 916 million in 1995 and is worth 3 billion by 2015. Quite the turnaround, you don't do that by being an inept business man.

• Advertisement

Not really, considering the shenanigans the Clinton's have been up to over the years should really concern the average American, not Trump having a laugh in the back of a bus.

Cool story, but I asked about cigars, ineptitude, hawkishness, experience and morals.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement