Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭coolbeans

It's over for Donald. Little bet on a new candidate methinks. Emergency clause could be invoked.

Hillary's Wall Street speeches leaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,776 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

coolbeans wrote: »
    It's over for Donald. Little bet on a new candidate methinks. Emergency clause could be invoked.

Pence would be an interesting alternative. Had a very good debate the other evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

I asked about that, apparently his morals don't count. I'd be inclined to ask how it would effect his standing among the millions of evangelicals support him, but I think they only care about his supreme Court nominations.

I heard Kayleigh McAnaney trying to defend him tonight - she said she was a Christian and Christians are meant to forgive when someone apologises! She
    was of the opinion that Trump was not 'irredeemable'!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Strazdas wrote: »
    Pence would be an interesting alternative. Had a very good debate the other evening.

Mickey RFRA? Don't think so, he needs a while to walk back his bigotry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Some people here do not seem to be aware that that is assault. :mad:

PC gone mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

20Cent wrote: »
    trump said they were still guilty despite being proven innocent by DNA evidence. Said they should have gotten the death penalty. Then there was the p**y grabbing thing.

Oh yeah he was also endorsed by Putin.

Thats just today.

He's totally finished.

no he isn't
    you aren't his audience so get over yourself

trump is a great man. its is his coarse edges that appeals to people , it shows he is a normal guy and not some polished fraudulent hack that is usually rolled out for these votes. He is giving the establishment a good kick in the hole and engaging with people long ignored by political careerists like clinton

His slack of political career means that this stuff is more "out there" because he never had a need to "behave"
    and his apology on the matter is very well done and show the measure of the man , that he is the hero america needs.

of all the accusation against the clintons and this shows trump to be finished and trump is the bad guy,,,,the mind boggles?

this is the blindness of liberalism ....they see the speck in the eye of others and ignore the plank in their own eye.
    actually that was quite bibical of me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Trump 'gropes' his way out of the race. Surely this latest tape will kill his campaign stone dead?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/07/donald-trump-leaked-recording-women

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

arayess wrote: »
    no he isn't
    you aren't his audience so get over yourself

trump is a great man. its is his coarse edges appeals to people , it shows he is a normal guy and not some polished fraudulent hack that is usually rolled out for this votes. He is giving the establishment a good kick in the hole and engaging with people long ignored by political careerists like clinton

His slack of political career means that this stuff is more "out there" because he never had a need to "behave"
    and his apology on the matter is very well done and show the measure of the man , that he is the hero america need.

of all the accusation against the clintons this shows trump to be finished and trump is the bad guy,,,,the mind boggles?

this is the blindness of liberalism ....they see the speck in the eye of others and ignore the plank in their own eye.
    actually that was quite bibical of me :pac:

The mind boggles after reading that alright. Get more sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

From which demographic.
    Fratboys and rednecks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Trump 'gropes' his way out of the race. Surely this latest tape will kill his campaign stone dead?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/07/donald-trump-leaked-recording-women

It'd seem like the only logical conclusion. But this is Trump. We have people in this thread eager to chalk up all of this stuff to him not being an experienced, polished politician (because, you know, the last thing you want leader of thr free world to bring to the table is experience).

I don't see how his apology can mitigate the comments in the minds of reasonable people. If you're happy with his apology, the comments didn't really bother you in the first place. As someone said on Twitter, 70 year old Trump is trying to convince us that he's nothing like 60 year Trump. So, yeah, hopefully this one sticks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The reaction to the grope comments seem to be cross party. His own campaign staff are said to be shocked and unsure how he can recover from this.
    It will take some houdini act to recover from this I reckon.
    He will get dirty during the debate on sunday....but I dont think this is enough. He is done for I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Billy86 wrote: »
    Here you go.

Thoughts?

Although I'm not a fan of trump I will say that there is no evidence in that video to suggest that he said any of that. He is not on camera saying the words its a mic that has been recorded. Anyone can sound like anyone if they have good impersonation skills. What was it recorded on the bus a few years ago looks like! Its exactly the kind of thing you would expect him to say but not a nail in the coffin as he is not on the campaign bus. The mic sounds like it is recorded outside too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Although I'm not a fan of trump I will say that there is no evidence in that video to suggest that he said any of that. He is not on camera saying the words its a mic that has been recorded. Anyone can sound like anyone if they have good impersonation skills. What was it recorded on the bus a few years ago looks like! Its exactly the kind of thing you would expect him to say but not a nail in the coffin as he is not on the campaign bus. The mic sounds like it is recorded outside too.

He has admitted it and issued an apology!

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/07/politics/donald-trump-women-vulgar/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,762 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Hillary: 'My Dream Is a Hemispheric Common Market with Open Trade and Open Borders.'
    Trump: 'I want to build a wall.'

American politics is really going for the old Brexit / EU vibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Winterlong wrote: »

Jesus, My first impressions was faked video. His apology would have had the same impact as a denial. Goes on to say "Bill Clinton abused women" trying to justify what he admitted saying. 'I apologise BUT....'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

In 2005, Trump was a Democrat.

The man is a buffoon, but he was making his nasty comments as a man in 2005.... not a candidate

I have to admit I kinda enjoyed the prospect of him winning, up to the Khan row. The whole "two fingers up to the establishment, stopping the procession to crown Hilary" etc. The Khan row disgusted me, how could he be so cold, almost sociopathic, about a parents love and loss. This is from the same well of ugliness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Winterlong wrote: »
    The reaction to the grope comments seem to be cross party. His own campaign staff are said to be shocked and unsure how he can recover from this.
    It will take some houdini act to recover from this I reckon.
    He will get dirty during the debate on sunday....but I dont think this is enough. He is done for I reckon.

I don't know how anyone, especially his own staff, could be in the least bit surprised by this.

• Advertisement

Jimbob1977 wrote: »

The man is a buffoon, but he was making his nasty comments as a man in 2005.... not a candidate

It's all just fake outrage and confirmation bias.. Every male I know has said something like that at least once in the last ten years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Torpedo_ wrote: »
    You don't know if events he described are assault because there are thousands of subcommunications taking place when people interact.

People walk over and kiss each other all the time without saying a word.
    And men walk over and grab women by their vaginas all the time too...

SILVAMAN wrote: »
    Fratboys and rednecks

I think thats very unfair on rednecks. ;)

I have to admit I kinda enjoyed the prospect of him winning, up to the Khan row. The whole "two fingers up to the establishment, stopping the procession to crown Hilary" etc. The Khan row disgusted me, how could he be so cold, almost sociopathic, about a parents love and loss. This is from the same well of ugliness.

Right, I've tried before to find what he did with the Khan family to cause this sort of reaction but can't.. What exactly happened?

Jimbob1977 wrote: »

And a man that should be nowhere near public office. Sure half of his appeal apparently was that he wasn't "fake" like all those career politicians. Except last night, we found out exactly who the real Trump is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭ebbsy

He has apologised and everyone will have forgotten about it in a a week.

If Hillary keeps bringing this stuff up it will continue to make her less likeable.

Roll on tomorrow might....

Right, I've tried before to find what he did with the Khan family to cause this sort of reaction but can't.. What exactly happened?

Here's a very brief review.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/08/01/trump-khan-feud-timeline/87914108/

A family lost their child. Trump portrayed himself as the victim, of their "vicious attacks". It was depraved and disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

It's all just fake outrage and confirmation bias.. Every male I know has said something like that at least once in the last ten years.

No man I know has said it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Just search google for "Trump and Khan comments"

• Advertisement

Here's a very brief review.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/08/01/trump-khan-feud-timeline/87914108/

A family lost their child. Trump portrayed himself as the victim, of their "vicious attacks". It was depraved and disgusting.

Which part in particular was depraved and disgusting? In your opinion I mean.. Maybe I'm a bad person but I can't see anything depraved or disgusting in that link.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement