Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Trump just has no discipline. Even I am starting to question if he can win which is looking unlikely purely down to him not staying on message, a complete clusterf*ck.

Yes Yes Yes.

He could have won this.

He just needed to suck it up, run a decent campaign, then bang he's president with a majority senate and he can make whatever changes he feels necessary.

But because he has zero disclipine, he's going to lose and very possibly bring down the senate with him.

What a total moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Looking around the internet at the attempts to defend multiple time defendant in rape cases Donald Trump's bragging about sexually assaulting women, it is becoming more and more apparent that Clinton's 'deplorables' comment wasn't only spot on, but is going to do significantly less damage to her than it was even just 24 hours ago. Masks are slipping left, right and centre over this.

Anyways, the reason I'm in here today and getting more and more pissed off is that Hillary's Wall St. speeches have been leaked.
    That's because there really isn't much there, or much that has yet been spotted at this point - a 3 minute video takes exactly 3 minutes to review and weigh in on, whereas thousands of emails can take days to go through sufficiently.

The 'juiciest' thing I have seen from them so far is Clinton saying she grew up in a middle class family, but as this point having been in prominent positions and making a lot of money for 25+ years is now quite removed from the middle class in terms of her financial situation.

Not really a smoking gun for someone running against a billionaire born with a silver spoon in their mouths who was handed every opportunity in the world from daddy, now is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Billy86 wrote: »
    Looking around the internet at the attempts to defend multiple time defendant in rape cases Donald Trump's bragging about sexually assaulting women, it is becoming more and more apparent that Clinton's 'deplorables' comment wasn't only spot on, but is going to do significantly less damage to her than it was even just 24 hours ago. Masks are slipping left, right and centre over this.

I will say that in fairness to many Republicans, even those who were in the Trump camp, people are jumping ship.

I have a bit of sympathy. It's not easy to back down on a very public position and to basically say "I was wrong". It's really not easy to have to back down when the alternative is basically the Right's version of Satan, but it shows just how far outside reason this man is.

This election is just pathetic. The bar is so low, you can barely see it. The media reports what's said and the response from so many is just trying to pretend it doesn't exist. Thank god/gods/common sense that there are those with the guts to revise their opinions rather than defend the indefensible.

It's pitiful. This entire election has been pitiful.

It's probably not quantifiable but I'm sure he's felt like he's sacrificed a lot of time and got a lot of stress.
    Meanwhile the dead soldier has literally sacrificed all the time he would have had on this earth - every second of 50+ years, and his parents have sacrificed the time they spent raising him from 9 months before he was born, as well as the incredibly traumatic stress of having lost a son at a very young age. It's well acknowledged that outliving your children can be one of the most stressful, horrible experiences for any parent to have to go through.

Their collective stress and sacrifice was in the direct interests of the USA, while Trump's was in the direct interest of lining his own pockets, and of finding ways to avoid giving as much of that as possible back to the USA in the form of tax - though he has been more than happy to leach off the same USA when declaring bankruptcy multiple times, to the tune of billions and billions of dollars.

There is no comparison here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

The man is actually repulsive.

I'd like to hear his cheerleading daughter come out and defend his most recent comments about what he really thinks of women.

If this excuse of a human being actually gets into the White House, I give up.

K-9 wrote: »
    There has been a couple of things that were over blown, but the vast majority of stuff is just reporting what Trump says and does.

It does say a lot about Trump's salesmanship (something I have repeatedly said and will continue to say is extremely strong - he is an absolutely world class salesman, make no doubt) that his fans fervently cheer for so much of what he says and does, yet when they hear it merely repeated -even verbatim- by somebody else, they lose their minds over how 'unfair' it is on poor old Donald.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,638 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I think also, in Trump's case, there is 'new' stuff coming out from years, decades ago.

What I mean is that while Clinton has been in politics and any errors/gaffes from 20 years ago have already been discussed in previous campaigns and put to bed to a certain extent, Trump is new to the campaign game and his errors/gaffes, new but also old, have never been under the microscope like this before.

gosplan wrote: »
    Yes Yes Yes.

He could have won this.

He just needed to suck it up, run a decent campaign, then bang he's president with a majority senate and he can make whatever changes he feels necessary.

But because he has zero disclipine, he's going to lose and very possibly bring down the senate with him.

What a total moron.
    Don't forget the supreme court justices - they don't get elected and tend to serve very long terms. Apart from the immediate upcoming appointment to replace the deceased Anthony Scalia, there are another two (Kennedy, Ginsburg) in their 80s and a third (Breyer) who is 78 years of age. That is four potential appointments during the winner of this election's term - and the impact is huge, with Republicans having a majority in the Supreme Court for I believe 40 years now.

To put it in perspective, Scalia(R) was 30 years in the SC, Kennedy(R) has been there for 28, Ginsburg(D) for 23, and Breyer(D) for 22. The remaining three will likely be around for a good long while yet as Alito(R) is 66 years of age, Sotomayor(D) 62, and Kagan(D) 56.

I doubt all four will go during these next four years, but if they were to it would give a massive majority to the winning party from this election. It would likely set the Democrats up with a 6-1 majority for the next 15-20 years. If the Republicans were to win (looking all but impossible at this point), it would see them continue to have the majority at 5-2 for the next 10-15 years.

Personally, I reckon that is the biggest 'win' or 'loss' each party will have during this election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Fair play to Ads for providing a devils advocate in here. It would be a fairly boring thread if there wasn't someone defending him regardless of how ridiculous the defense tends to be.

He can't win now can he? Brexit has left me unable to confidently predict any democratic election.

• Advertisement

Samaris wrote: »
    I will say that in fairness to many Republicans, even those who were in the Trump camp, people are jumping ship.

I have a bit of sympathy. It's not easy to back down on a very public position and to basically say "I was wrong". It's really not easy to have to back down when the alternative is basically the Right's version of Satan, but it shows just how far outside reason this man is.

This election is just pathetic. The bar is so low, you can barely see it. The media reports what's said and the response from so many is just trying to pretend it doesn't exist. Thank god/gods/common sense that there are those with the guts to revise their opinions rather than defend the indefensible.

It's pitiful. This entire election has been pitiful.
    I do get what you mean about sympathy, but I am struggling to do so with those who have supported Trump from the beginning - his whole primary bid was built on xenophobia and racism. It was clear who Trump was from the very beginning, and that is what won him the nomination with ease. The last few weeks have just been a good example of chickens coming home to roost, and for their sake I hope the wider base of the Republicans realise now that the insanity of their last three primary cycles is a surefire road to defeat. It's clear as day that a Kasich or Rubio would be moonwalking their way to the White House right now.

But there's no guarantee, because the only other person who had a remote shot of winning the nomination - Ted Cruz - is also the only other person I think Clinton would have been quite likely to beat.

There are those who warned of the dangers of these from early on who are very much between a rock and a hard place, and while I do feel sympathy for a good number of them, I would certainly not say all as this is the natural end game of the lunacy they have been openly promoting for much of the last decade.

They've been making that bed for years, and now -barring something catastrophic- they'll have to sleep in it and hope to make it better next time around. Though I said the exact same thing four years ago, and look where it has got us now...

They need to kill the Frankenstein they've created, basically. Though I'm not sure exactly how to do it at this point, I am sure Paul Ryan will be working hard to do so as a Clinton win is his best shot to the get in the White House in 2020. And regardless of what I might think about him, Paul Ryan is a very politically astute and savvy individual; he is everything Trump is not.

Jayop wrote: »
    Fair play to Ads for providing a devils advocate in here. It would be a fairly boring thread if there wasn't someone defending him regardless of how ridiculous the defense tends to be.

He can't win now can he? Brexit has left me unable to confidently predict any democratic election.
    To be fair, the polls in Brexit showed 'leave' winning for a good 6 weeks or so, right up until the two-odd-weeks before the referendum where polls and opinions were likely impact by Tommy Mair's terrorist attack. Polls are far from gospel, but they do tend to be a very strong indicator.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,227 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

That's because there really isn't much there, or much that has yet been spotted at this point - a 3 minute video takes exactly 3 minutes to review and weigh in on, whereas thousands of emails can take days to go through sufficiently.

The 'juiciest' thing I have seen from them so far is Clinton saying she grew up in a middle class family, but as this point having been in prominent positions and making a lot of money for 25+ years is now quite removed from the middle class in terms of her financial situation.

Not really a smoking gun for someone running against a billionaire born with a silver spoon in their mouths who was handed every opportunity in the world from daddy, now is it?

As a side note, Bill Clinton was the last president of the US to grow up in a house with an outside toilet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 334 ✭✭skywanderer

I can't wait for the look on peoples faces when Trump walks into the White House which is exactly as he will do. He will win, wait and see. Every pinko liberal and cuck excuse for a male in America will be raging.

To be fair, the polls in Brexit showed 'leave' winning for a good 6 weeks or so, right up until the two-odd-weeks before the referendum where polls and opinions were likely impact by Tommy Mair's terrorist attack. Polls are far from gospel, but they do tend to be a very strong indicator.

I just didn't believe that they could be so (imo) idiotic to do something so obviously harmful to their own country with no idea of what would happen if they voted yes. I also don't believe the Americans would do the same with Trump. At least with Clinton you know exactly what you're getting and it's nothing unknown.

I can't wait for the look on peoples faces when Trump walks into the White House which is exactly as he will do. He will win, wait and see. Every pinko liberal and cuck excuse for a male in America will be raging.

So if you don't support Trump you're a "cuck excuse for a male"?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The video is clearly guerilla marketing for Tic tacs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Brexit has Farage leading it with Boris Johnson among the ranks. Leave campaign kept on message by mainly talking about immigration and sovereignty.

Trump is talking about rosie o'donnell and some miss universe..just why? Hillary is just waiting to get beat but Trump is f*cking it up. He needs to hammer her in the debates to claw it back.

Brexit has Farage leading it with Boris Johnson among the ranks. Leave campaign kept on message by mainly talking about immigration and sovereignty.

Trump is talking about rosie o'donnell and some miss universe..just why? Hillary is just waiting to get beat but Trump is f*cking it up. He needs to hammer her in the debates to claw it back.

I'm only comparing them in that I personally can't understand how anyone would vote for either and didn't believe either would get the numbers required.

So if you don't support Trump you're a "cuck excuse for a male"?

This is the type of person in the US that I worry will go on a shooting spree when Trump loses. The disconnection from the reality of the situation among this hardcore element of Trump worshippers is nothing short of amazing, and when reality hits on Nov 9th they won't accept I t in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

This is the type of person in the US that I worry will go on a shooting spree when Trump loses. The disconnection from the reality of the situation among this hardcore element of Trump worshippers is nothing short of amazing, and when reality hits on Nov 9th they won't accept I t in my opinion

Sure there was similar fears about white supremacists going on shooting rampages if Obama was reelected. Don't think it will happen IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Keep on clucking, it'll be fun watching the Drumpfster Fire squeal like frogs on the 9th of November.

Well, until you decide to emulate your Norwegian hero.

Sure there was similar fears about white supremacists going on shooting rampages if Obama was reelected. Don't think it will happen IMO.

There's much more tension and animosity now in the air than there was then though imo.

Keep on clucking, it'll be fun watching the Drumpfster Fire squeal like frogs on the 9th of November.

Well, until you decide to emulate your Norwegian hero.

By supporting Donal Trump you then equal me to supporting a Norwegian Hero, who I presume you are alluding to be Ander Behring Breivik, so all Donald Trump supporters are supporters of that POS child murdering Terrorist? You are a pretty sick twisted individual if this is your logic. People like you is what drives otherwise moderate individuals over the extreme sides of any argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

People like you is what drives otherwise moderate individuals over the extreme sides of any acquirement.

Says the guy unironically using the word "cuck" (aka 4chanspeak for "race traitor") to describe anyone to the left of Drumpf.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Un1corn

Why is there so much outrage about a throwaway comment Trump made 11 years ago. I am almost sure that as a wealthy, powerful and successful business man he does have women throwing themselves at him constantly. Why are the feminists so enraged?

Un1corn wrote: »
    Why is there so much outrage about a throwaway comment Trump made 11 years ago. I am almost sure that as a wealthy, powerful and successful business man he does have women throwing themselves at him constantly. Why are the feminists so enraged?

Because Trump is a man running against their Golden Girl Killary, never mind what she did in Benghazi or all the rules she broke, she's a woman, pretty ironic considering she is the very definition of a beta-female who allowed her Husband to cheat on her yet she supported him like a battered wife would. Real Feminists are supporting Donald Trump because he is an Alpha Male who knows how to look after women and treats them with respect in his corporate world. Yes he is a guy and men are perfectly entitled to chase after women and talk about these things in private. The leaking of that tape speaks volume about the sort of bitter hatred that runs in the Crooked Killary camp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Because Trump is a man running against their Golden Girl Killary, never mind what she did in Benghazi or all the rules she broke, she's a woman, pretty ironic considering she is the very definition of a beta-female who allowed her Husband to cheat on her yet she supported him like a battered wife would. Real Feminists are supporting Donald Trump because he is an Alpha Male who knows how to look after women and treats them with respect in his corporate world. Yes he is a guy and men are perfectly entitled to chase after women and talk about these things in private. The leaking of that tape speaks volume about the sort of bitter hatred that runs in the Crooked Killary camp.

I wish I could thank this more than once.

Amazing work. Could only be improved if there were no sentence breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Holy ****. Did you actually just create your own entire reality there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, the whole election is an embarrassment to the United States.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement