Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

Jayop wrote: »
    I just didn't believe that they could be so (imo) idiotic to do something so obviously harmful to their own country with no idea of what would happen if they voted yes. I also don't believe the Americans would do the same with Trump. At least with Clinton you know exactly what you're getting and it's nothing unknown.

There lies the problem for most of the folks from the US I've spoke to over the last year or so. The oddball case where the devil you know scares the hell out of them.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The debate tomorrow night is going to be very interesting. He will need to come out fighting very dirty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 334 ✭✭skywanderer

Samaris wrote: »
    Holy ****. Did you actually just create your own entire reality there?

I'm not going to fall for the trap of arguing only to get banned by a moderator. Nice try though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Because Trump is a man running against their Golden Girl Killary, never mind what she did in Benghazi or all the rules she broke, she's a woman, pretty ironic considering she is the very definition of a beta-female who allowed her Husband to cheat on her yet she supported him like a battered wife would. Real Feminists are supporting Donald Trump because he is an Alpha Male who knows how to look after women and treats them with respect in his corporate world. Yes he is a guy and men are perfectly entitled to chase after women and talk about these things in private.
    It has become pretty clear to me down the years that anyone using "alpha/beta/gamma" and fcuk knows what other rainman levels of labelling is a) clueless to what those terms actually mean and/or b) very young and/or c) bought wholesale into the PUA stuff where this originated and/or d) bought into the increasingly daft binary thinking - and I use that term loosely - of American based interweb manist nonsense. A nonsense that is just as eye swivelingly retarded as modern feminism. "Cuck" just adds to it. Seriously lads lose the imported group think of morons and shills feeding off you or you will end up looking just as utterly moronic as the college handwringing bleating "liberal" "feminists" you despise. All that stuff just looks like two sides to the same cross-eyed easily influenced coin.

I say that as no friend of feminists or hippies or lefties. They do my head in equally TBH. If I was a Yank I'd be fcuking weeping that Trump was my option. I really would. Or, maybe not… given US politics where the two parties are near mirror images on so many levels Clinton is more right wing than even I am.

Then again maybe I'm just old and shaking my fist at the kidz. I mean I get a major bloody itch in the centre of my head when I hear Irish people saying "mom" and "store" with that daft mid atlantic accent that is so prevalent. I swear I'd go full effin postal if I heard "cuck" in a Tipp accent. :D
    The leaking of that tape speaks volume about the sort of bitter hatred that runs in the Crooked Killary camp.
    I'm not so sure how much this will affect the Trump camp in the long run? Supporters are pretty entrenched and will kinda expect this sort of thing anyway(proof of his "alpha" nonsense), his detractors are also pretty entrenched and will kinda expect this sort of thing(ditto). It will affect the on the fence voters but by how much remains to be seen. It will depend on his next debate. If he shows. It's a very polarised vote and an all too sad reflection on the state of the US. When a right wagon like Clinton is seen as the lesser of two evils and even then it's a coin toss for many this is not a good sign for any nation. :(

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/784531001284362240

I wouldn't fancy being an American going to vote given the choices. I suspect Johnson and Stein will do better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Un1corn wrote: »
    Why is there so much outrage about a throwaway comment Trump made 11 years ago. I am almost sure that as a wealthy, powerful and successful business man he does have women throwing themselves at him constantly. Why are the feminists so enraged?

Grabbing a woman by the vagina and kissing them without their consent is pretty significant.... It's not feminists enraged, it's just those with human decency.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,526 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

RobertKK wrote: »
    Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, the whole election is an embarrassment to the United States.

i think there could be a lot of americans becoming very worried as this campaign progresses. some are starting to seriously question their political system.

B_Wayne wrote: »
    Grabbing a woman by the vagina and kissing them without their consent is pretty significant.... It's not feminists enraged, it's just those with human decency.

Don't ever go to coppers, no human decency in there.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

If ever there was an opportunity for a third party to capitalise it was this election. The two party system is just too engrained in American politics for them to have a chance though.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I thought Trump was in with a shout but not after this girl incident. He could get away with it as it's a few weeks until the vote; people have short memories. I'm surprised it wasn't leaked closer to the vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,638 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Before the debate to neutralise any chance of him attacking Hillary on how she responded to Bill's infidelities?

GLaDOS wrote: »
    If ever there was an opportunity for a third party to capitalise it was this election. The two party system is just too engrained in American politics for them to have a chance though.

If Sanders had any shred of a backbone or the common decency which he espouses he'd run Independent, however he won't because he knows he would hand the White House to Trump. For me personally I'd love to see Trump win the Electoral Collage and lose the popular vote just like Dubya in 2000, that would really ruffle a few feathers of the SJW and Hillarybots.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

I thought Trump was in with a shout but not after this girl incident. He could get away with it as it's a few weeks until the vote; people have short memories. I'm surprised it wasn't leaked closer to the vote.
    It could have been leaked to offset the Wikileaks emails?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/784531001284362240

I wouldn't fancy being an American going to vote given the choices. I suspect Johnson and Stein will do better.

A whole lot of wink wink, nudge nudge cosying up to Wall Street it seems in a couple of them cables. The kind of **** everyone suspects goes on but is too afraid to say it as they will likely be branded a lunatic/conspiracy theorist. Politics is all about business nowadays, especially in the USA and not so much about doing the best for the hard working man on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

I'm not going to fall for the trap of arguing only to get banned by a moderator. Nice try though.

What makes you think you'd be special enough to get banned as opposed to the half the rest of the forum that argues with me regularly :P

Don't be so paranoid. Sometimes a pipe is just a pipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

GLaDOS wrote: »

Gary Johnson has to take some blame however for this, so many high profile media blunders and never really connected with a lot of the normal homeless republicans who were disgusted with Trump, but loath Hilary also. This was a fantastic chance for the libertarian choice to make an impact but he has blown it.

tigger123 wrote: »
    What a classy, sophisticated and, dare I say it, Presidential guy Trump really is!!!

Let's Make America Grab Pussy Again!

Oh, I hope not.:(

I'm not too worried about Trump. I've relatives in the military and he's lost the vote of the military and all their families - it's a massive number of generally RP voters. It's hard to imagine many women voting for him after this latest baring of his true nature, but I'm sure they're be some who want to stick it to minorities and Hillary bad enough to vote for him anyway.

The most worrying thing about Trump and his campaign is how many of his people use terms like cuck, libtard, etc. They're the most concerning part of the whole dealio. No good comes from the mind of someone using the term cuck seriously.

On a lighter note, a local student band have renamed themselves The Mexican Rapists for the duration of the proceedings. I doubt they'll be booked much, but I appreciate the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Candie wrote: »
    The most worrying thing about Trump and his campaign is how many of his people use terms like cuck, libtard, etc. They're the most concerning part of the whole dealio. No good comes from the mind of someone using the term cuck seriously.

It is a bit depressing that this is apparently a "legitimate" form of debate and discussion. "libtard" has been around for a while, but "cuck" has, so far, been something that only the extremists and, frankly, unpleasant, say. It's like using "****" in a debate. That is not debate, it's just being ignorant.

Frankly, the whole thing comes across as sticking one's penis on a flagpole and waving it around. In theory, people respect your ginormous penis. In actuality, people wonder what the little sausage on a pole is and why someone is shoving it in their face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Gary Johnson has to take some blame however for this, so many high profile media blunders and never really connected with a lot of the normal homeless republicans who were disgusted with Trump, but loath Hilary also. This was a fantastic chance for the libertarian choice to make an impact but he has blown it.

Id like to see Gary Johnson included in the debates. I know very little about the guy but agree with your sentiments. He has absolutely blown it given the two leading candidates are absolute trainwrecks.

Its daft that they are not allowed join the debate until they get an average of 15% in five polls. Surely makes it difficult for any party outside the main two, to make progress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,638 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Wibbs wrote: »
    I swear I'd go full effin postal if I heard "cuck" in a Tipp accent. :D

Or a Cork accent:eek:

Jaysus you're some cuck boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,803 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The debate this Sunday is going to be an omnishambolicclusterf*ck. Trump is now completely backed into a corner like never before and he'll be completely on the offensive. Any debate prep they've done with Trump to fix his issues in the last debate will now be thrown out the window and Trump is going to go the other direction... spewing vitriolic barbs and probably not doing so coherently.

He's already indicated he's going to go after Bill & Hillary's marriage and history, and now he's bound to do so even more. Rather than trying to make himself look better, his only option is to try make Hillary look worse.

All Hillary has to do is not rise to it, admonish him for it after the debate, and this election is over.

I wonder if he'll be advised to leave the Clintons marriage alone now, since he was married to Melania when that tape was made. He can't really point fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Trump does need to get dirty, Hillary brings up his shocking statements about groping women he fires back about her husband

Hillary smashed him into the ground last round

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Candie wrote: »
    I wonder if he'll be advised to leave the Clintons marriage alone now, since he was married to Melania when that tape was made. He can't really point fingers.

It is difficult for Hillary to fully exploit Trumps 2005 comments as well though. She has tweeted in reaction that America cannot allow this man to be president, based on his views on women.

The video and comments are disturbing as its quite clear Trump (and that little weasel Billy Bush) are exploiting their power and status over the actress in that clip, Zucker, who is having to bite her tongue and indulge their bull**** when I get the sense she would rather strangle the pair of them. People like that should never be given power.

But Hillary cant play that line too strongly, because her husband Bill also exploited his power and status in a very similar fashion - in fact he went even further. Trump could easily spin it round on her in a debate - get her to either condemn Bill publicly as also unfit for office, or get her to say 'Well, that's different...'

Either would be just as damaging for Clinton. Of course she doesn't need to attack Trump - I think she'll let the video do the talking and just refer indirectly to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,517 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Racism and endorsing sexual assault. Trump supporters are dwindling. No doubt there's still a few half wits that will follow him no matter what he does or says

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Wikileaks have given the Trump campaign enough information to work on without going down the road of Hillary's rather strange marriage to Bill.

Trump should go after how Hillary in a Wall st speech says she is far removed from the middle class, how she said she has worked to make Wall st prosper, how she said with a no fly zone over Syria that it would require boots on the ground, why did the Clinton foundation accept millions from Saudi Arabia if she believes Saudi Arabia is the country most responsible for the spread of extremist ideology.
    The emails show she knew that phones were a security risk, despite what she said to the FBI.
    Why did Bill Clinton receive $1 million from a Canadian bank that is heavily invested in the Keystone pipeline when the State department was discussing the Keystone pipeline.
    Why under Hillary Clinton as secretary of state has the state department allowed 1/5th of the America's Uranium production come under Russian control.
    In April 2015 the New York Times published a story about a company called "Uranium One" which was sold to Russian government-controlled interests, giving Russia effective control of one-fifth of all uranium production capacity in the United States. Since uranium is considered a strategic asset, with implications for the production of nuclear weapons, the deal had to be approved by a committee composed of representatives from a number of US government agencies. Among the agencies that eventually signed off the deal was the State Department, then headed by Secretary Clinton. The Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) comprises, among others, the secretaries of the Treasury, Defense, Homeland Security, Commerce and Energy.
    As Russian interests gradually took control of Uranium One millions of dollars were donated to the Clinton Foundation between 2009 and 2013 from individuals directly connected to the deal including the Chairman of Uranium One, Ian Telfer. Although Mrs Clinton had an agreement with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors to the Clinton Foundation, the contributions from the Chairman of Uranium One were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons.
    https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/press-release

Wikileaks says they have only released 1% of the Podesta files and the rest will be released throughout the election.

If one had done a Hollywood blockbuster with this election as a movie, no one would think it could actually happen.
    One candidate is a very sexist man who lies, talks about cheating on his wife, and who seems to be trying to hide something with his taxes.
    The other is a woman who appears to be corrupt, lies, sticks to a cheating husband and who tells Goldman Sachs that boots on the ground are needed for her Syria policy, something she couldn't be bothered to tell the American people.

The whole situation makes election night a lose/lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Winterlong wrote: »
    The debate tomorrow night is going to be very interesting. He will need to come out fighting very dirty.
    I'd say the opposite - all but those who treat Donald Trump as a figure of religious worship are at this point, tired of his sh*t. The reactions to all of his insanity since the day after the first debate show this, he's not only getting diminishing returns on his shock-jock comments, but they are beginning to massively impact him negatively, even in the eyes of many ardent Republicans.

Trump's only chance is to absolutely obliterate Clinton on policy and statesmanship tomorrow. And going by the first debate, and really just about every aspect of Trump's campaigning of the last full year, well... it's safe to say that that's not happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The whole situation makes election night a lose/lose.

True, but I am still giddy looking forward to my all nighter watching the results come in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Trump should go after how Hillary in a Wall st speech says she is far removed from the middle class,

Not sure that Billionaire Donald Trump would be on very firm ground there.

Trump would have to twist what Clinton actually said, and obviously he wouldn't have a problem with that, but for the record, here it is:
    'And now, obviously, I'm kind of far removed because the life I've lived and the economic, you know, fortunes that my husband and I now enjoy, but I haven't forgotten it.'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement