Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Winterlong wrote: »
    True, but I am still giddy looking forward to my all nighter watching the results come in.

Same.

Maybe the emails will make it exciting.

If only Gary Johnson knew what Aleppo is, and who rules North Korea, or if there was no arrest warrant out for Jill Stein for vandalism in North Dakota.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The debate tomorrow night is going to be very interesting. He will need to come out fighting very dirty.

The eejit couldn't hold his water for 10 seconds.

After his rantings at the end of the last debate about Bill, the Democrats exactly knew what to release in the week up to this debate. First the Apprentice revelations which he called lies and questioned the motives of the women involved and now this video, which basically corroborates their version.

He isn't bright enough for electoral office as he lacks self awareness and planning for anything beyond 10 minutes in advance.

I said this would happen in politics before several times when people were digging stuff up on Bill. What did people expect? A man with 3 marriages, one of which was an open extra marital affair, numerous suspect comments about women, a rape allegation from an ex wife that was retracted and some shady connections as well.

The guy hasn't the intelligence to know when to stay quite and say nothing.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

RobertKK wrote: »
    Wikileaks have given the Trump campaign enough information to work on without going down the road of Hillary's rather strange marriage to Bill.

Trump should go after how Hillary in a Wall st speech says she is far removed from the middle class, how she said she has worked to make Wall st prosper, how she said with a no fly zone over Syria that it would require boots on the ground, why did the Clinton foundation accept millions from Saudi Arabia if she believes Saudi Arabia is the country most responsible for the spread of extremist ideology.
    The emails show she knew that phones were a security risk, despite what she said to the FBI.
    Why did Bill Clinton receive $1 million from a Canadian bank that is heavily invested in the Keystone pipeline when the State department was discussing the Keystone pipeline.
    Why under Hillary Clinton as secretary of state has the state department allowed 1/5th of the America's Uranium production come under Russian control.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/press-release

Wikileaks says they have only released 1% of the Podesta files and the rest will be released throughout the election.

If one had done a Hollywood blockbuster with this election as a movie, no one would think it could actually happen.
    One candidate is a very sexist man who lies, talks about cheating on his wife, and who seems to be trying to hide something with his taxes.
    The other is a woman who appears to be corrupt, lies, sticks to a cheating husband and who tells Goldman Sachs that boots on the ground are needed for her Syria policy, something she couldn't be bothered to tell the American people.

The whole situation makes election night a lose/lose.

You think somebody running for the White House on the promise to make Wall St collapse would be elected? You think Trump should campaign on those lines? I think you should better acquaint yourself with American culture.

You should also acquaint yourself with how the US has effectively run the Saudi Oil industry since the 1930's and how the US military presence in the Gulf has been guarding those countries for generations. Is the Clinton Foundation the only charity that the Saudis shouldn't be allowed to support? And why?

And why should an eminently sensible observation that a military involvement in Syria needs to be thought through be considered wrong? Seeing what happened under Bush in Iraq and Afghanistan, I would have thought it pretty obvious. You think Trump has a better grasp of the strategic and military implications of an invasion or escalation in Syria?

Bill Clinton got paid for making speeches. Hillary has (quite rightly) stayed out of the Keystone business completely. Money donated to the Clinton foundation is spent by the Clinton Foundation. None of it goes to Bill, Hillary, Chelsea or anyone else. It has been closely scrutinised and has received an A rating for transparency and governance.

You can call the election lose/lose if you want but the choice is between a seasoned politician with a strong track record and a narcissistic headbanger. It shouldn't be hard to decide.

Phoebas wrote: »
    Not sure that Billionaire Donald Trump would be on very firm ground there.

He has targeted the right areas to connect with the trade agreements and asking the big car manufacturing states of yore why do you have to be called the rust belt.
    So I think Trump is fine to go after Hillary on that, if he hadn't been so bad in other areas like being sexist, he would be winning easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Trump does need to get dirty, Hillary brings up his shocking statements about groping women he fires back about her husband

Hillary smashed him into the ground last round

In no small part because he attempted to do what you are saying he needs to do. I don't like Clinton myself, but she is extremely good at brushing that kind of stuff off - it's been a regular part of her life for over 20 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

True, but I am still giddy looking forward to my all nighter watching the results come in.

Make sure to have a tab open on each of 'the_donald' subreddit and 4chan. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

@Wibbs

You left out the last option on the cuck stuff, they are just alt right trolls.

I'm not so sure how much this will affect the Trump camp in the long run? Supporters are pretty entrenched and will kinda expect this sort of thing anyway(proof of his "alpha" nonsense), his detractors are also pretty entrenched and will kinda expect this sort of thing(ditto). It will affect the on the fence voters but by how much remains to be seen. It will depend on his next debate. If he shows. It's a very polarised vote and an all too sad reflection on the state of the US. When a right wagon like Clinton is seen as the lesser of two evils and even then it's a coin toss for many this is not a good sign for any nation. :(

He'll keep his core 40% vote which he'll get anyway. He needs to run a perfect campaign now, win the 2 debates and probably hope for another bout of pneumonia from Clinton.

He was only getting about 70-80% of the usual white Republican women vote, he needed to win the rest over to have a realistic chance and I'd say the video, plus the Apprentice revelations is the end of that.

The rest will probably abstain or vote Johnson.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

He seems to be awfully keen on discrediting Hillary's husband - do you think anyone told him yet that he's running against HER, not her husband?
    Is the worst he can say about her really that she's not married to the world's most honest man?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,517 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

The only thing Hillary has to do to win this is stay alive

First Up wrote: »
    You think somebody running for the White House on the promise to make Wall St collapse would be elected? You think Trump should campaign on those lines? I think you should better acquaint yourself with American culture.

You should also acquaint yourself with how the US has effectively run the Saudi Oil industry since the 1930's and how the US military presence in the Gulf has been guarding those countries for generations. Is the Clinton Foundation the only charity that the Saudis shouldn't be allowed to support? And why?

And why should an eminently sensible observation that a military involvement in Syria needs to be thought through be considered wrong? Seeing what happened under Bush in Iraq and Afghanistan, I would have thought it pretty obvious. You think Trump has a better grasp of the strategic and military implications of an invasion or escalation in Syria?

Bill Clinton got paid for making speeches. Hillary has (quite rightly) stayed out of the Keystone business completely. Money donated to the Clinton foundation is spent by the Clinton Foundation. None of it goes to Bill, Hillary, Chelsea or anyone else. It has been closely scrutinised and has received an A rating for transparency and governance.

You can call the election lose/lose if you want but the choice is between a seasoned politician with a strong track record and a narcissistic headbanger. It shouldn't be hard to decide.

The wall st prosper comes with her saying that you tell the public one policy but you have a different policy in private.
    So when she says she is fighting a rigged system that benefits Wall st so to benefit the little person, the question is 'Is she really doing that?'.

She told Goldman Sachs the best people to regulate Wall st are Wall st insiders.

Do you think if you were secretary of state and discussing a large pipeline deal that it would not look strange for your partner to receive a million dollars from the people who would benefit from the deal going ahead, and then failing to report it to the President given you agreed you would do so?
    They even discussed how Obama was against the deal and that Hillary would wait until Obama vetoed it and then appear to be against it.

That woman is every bit a phoney as the man she is up against. Both are not fit for office.
    Anyone who is enthusiastic for either of these people are seriously deluded, and there are a lot on both sides.

• Advertisement

Shenshen wrote: »
    He seems to be awfully keen on discrediting Hillary's husband - do you think anyone told him yet that he's running against HER, not her husband?
    Is the worst he can say about her really that she's not married to the world's most honest man?

Trump wants to show that while he is a hypocrite, so is Hillary.

This election is really in the gutter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Not necessarily.

Trump wants to show that while he is a hypocrite, so is Hillary.

This election is really in the gutter.

It's a bit redundant, isn't it - he's a business man, she's a politician. Next he'll be pointing out that nuns are religious.

It's a bit redundant, isn't it - he's a business man, she's a politician. Next he'll be pointing out that nuns are religious.

Nigel Farage said they should concentrate on policy as Trump is not going for election to be the Pope.

Nigel Farage said they should concentrate on policy as Trump is not going for election to be the Pope.

Interesting - does Trump have policies? I mean, other than construction plans with dubious financing?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

ChikiChiki wrote: »

He'd have earned so much goodwill if he had dropped out due to these comments for 2020. However when that comes around his allegiance to Trump will haunt him as it will be such an easy tool for his opponents to attack him.

Interesting - does Trump have policies? I mean, other than construction plans with dubious financing?

Probably the same policy as Hillary, a public policy and a private policy which ends up benefitting themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

"Make America Grate Great Again!"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

K-9 wrote: »
    @Wibbs

You left out the last option on the cuck stuff, they are just alt right trolls.
    I didn't go down that road because IMH is an all too simplistic response and explanation. Just as they might call you a "cuck" you call them "trolls". Neither are big or clever. I say tomato, you say cuck/troll. Same diff mostly. It isn't an explanation for a start. It misses a few points by a country mile. The main one for me is that there is a growing percentage of people - that is also growing beyond US borders via the interwebs and media - that are increasingly feeling sidelined and disaffected by old style middle of the road politics, politicians and mainstream media that they see as far removed from their day to day lives. Trump and "alt right" in its various garbs are plugging into that.

It's also happening in Europe on the heels of this clusterfcuk that is the "refugee crisis". People can see with their own two eyes and hear with their own two ears the waves of spin and BS from interested parties with agendas and failed polices. And still we're paying to hoover up economic migrants who themselves are paying(which is often missed) to cross the Mediterranean and are expected to accommodate them in increasing numbers. And with the increasing numbers and BS more and more people are becoming more and more polarised. We're thankfully not seeing it here in Ireland, being on the edge of Europe and being generally meh politically, but I've seen it with people having to live with it more closely and emotions are getting ever more heated and more publicly, while mainstream politicians and media are spinning the "everything's grand" mantra. That's the real danger. You can't keep pissing on people's backs and insist that it's raining. Sooner or later the smell of piss gets to be too much.
    I'm likely way off here, but my suspicion is yes she'll win, but the scary part may be by how much she wins. If it's not an atomic powered landslide across that nation it doesn't bode well for their medium future. And anything like a close run race will give more ammo to those who want to bring a second wave after the combover muppet. A second more sophisticated wave will be far harder to ignore. If an oaf like Trump can get to be nominated by the same party that fielded Abe Lincoln and still be in the running, how easy will it be to play to that mass of voters the next time? And as I say, not just in America.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,461 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

There is only one person on the planet capable of losing this election. Unfortunautely, it's her.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,803 ✭✭✭✭Penn

"Sure, Trump may have talked about sexually abusing women, going after married women and generally being an arsehole, but Hillary said nice things about Wall Street to Wall Street people... so... y'know... they're both as bad as each other! Also, some guy was killed in a car accident earlier, and I got a paper cut, so that's practically the same too."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

RobertKK wrote:
    The wall st prosper comes with her saying that you tell the public one policy but you have a different policy in private. So when she says she is fighting a rigged system that benefits Wall st so to benefit the little person, the question is 'Is she really doing that?'.
    If you want your policy to be kept secret, you would hardly be making speeches about it.
    RobertKK wrote:
    She told Goldman Sachs the best people to regulate Wall st are Wall st insiders.
    I think there was a bit more to it than that.
    RobertKK wrote:
    Do you think if you were secretary of state and discussing a large pipeline deal that it would not look strange for your partner to receive a million dollars from the people who would benefit from the deal going ahead, and then failing to report it to the President given you agreed you would do so? They even discussed how Obama was against the deal and that Hillary would wait until Obama vetoed it and then appear to be against it.

She is not involved in the pipeline deal. She was Secretary of State responsible for foreign relations, not domestic energy policy.
    RobertKK wrote:
    That woman is every bit a phoney as the man she is up against. Both are not fit for office. Anyone who is enthusiastic for either of these people are seriously deluded, and there are a lot on both sides.

But one of them will be the next president so stop pontificating and make a decision about who you prefer. That is the only issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The only thing Clinton needs to do is say nothing. That should be the whole Democrat strategy from here on (bar the debates obviously and even there she should not raise the issue of Trumps rampant retrograde sexist mind set and let the moderator introduce the subject)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,451 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Phoebas wrote: »
    "Make America Grate Great Again!"

"Make America Grope Again" surely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Wibbs wrote: »
    I didn't go down that road because IMH is an all too simplistic response and explanation. Just as they might call you a "cuck" you call them "trolls". Neither are big or clever. I say tomato, you say cuck/troll. Same diff mostly. It isn't an explanation for a start. It misses a few points by a country mile. The main one for me is that there is a growing percentage of people - that is also growing beyond US borders via the interwebs and media - that are increasingly feeling sidelined and disaffected by old style middle of the road politics, politicians and mainstream media that they see as far removed from their day to day lives. Trump and "alt right" in its various garbs are plugging into that.

It's also happening in Europe on the heels of this clusterfcuk that is the "refugee crisis". People can see with their own two eyes and hear with their own two ears the waves of spin and BS from interested parties with agendas and failed polices. And still we're paying to hoover up economic migrants who themselves are paying(which is often missed) to cross the Mediterranean and are expected to accommodate them in increasing numbers. And with the increasing numbers and BS more and more people are becoming more and more polarised. We're thankfully not seeing it here in Ireland, being on the edge of Europe and being generally meh politically, but I've seen it with people having to live with it more closely and emotions are getting ever more heated and more publicly, while mainstream politicians and media are spinning the "everything's grand" mantra. That's the real danger. You can't keep pissing on people's backs and insist that it's raining. Sooner or later the smell of piss gets to be too much.

I'm likely way off here, but my suspicion is yes she'll win, but the scary part may be by how much she wins. If it's not an atomic powered landslide across that nation it doesn't bode well for their medium future. And anything like a close run race will give more ammo to those who want to bring a second wave after the combover muppet. A second more sophisticated wave will be far harder to ignore. If an oaf like Trump can get to be nominated by the same party that fielded Abe Lincoln and still be in the running, how easy will it be to play to that mass of voters the next time? And as I say, not just in America.
    You're not painting a very positive picture of the future there, Wibbs.

Unfortunately:(
    Didn't Trump try to cover that eventuality with his remarks about taking away the Secret Service bodyguards guns?

ChikiChiki wrote: »

We pray for his family?

All his doing here is trying to keep the bible bashers on his ballot card- such a cynical exercise.

But of course, that's politics! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Bill Clinton isn't running for president.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Trump is just so creepy when it comes to women, he clearly has zero respect for them beyond looks, the stuff he said about his daughter was really disturbing stuff and idk how it didn't gain more traction, also idk if anyone has ever heard his comments about Paris Hilton, he was talking about her sex tape ect and then about how he'd known her since she was a child and knows her family ect, i find it beyond creepy that someone would want to watch a sex tape of somebody they know since they were a child, really disturbing imo

this from a man who's facing allegations of rape and who hired the former head of Fox who has his own very dirty history with women and sexual assault ect, no self respecting women or indeed man who values women beyond their looks would vote for this scumbag he hates black people, mexicans, muslims, women just about everyone who isn't a white man. He's a horrible excuse of a human being and it's beyond shocking he's been considered for president by anyone America and the world is well and truly screwed if this lunatic actually wins, luckily that looks less likely every day.

• Advertisement

bleg wrote: »
    Bill Clinton isn't running for president.

It's still mud- it's all about how much mud you can throw and how much mud will stick when you're in the ballot box- that's all that counts!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement