Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Tramp, not trump.

Trump is just so creepy when it comes to women, he clearly has zero respect for them beyond looks...

Dick phelan slams pussy grabbing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

It's still mud- it's all about how much mud you can throw and how much mud will stick when you're in the ballot box- that's all that counts!

That's the problem, Trump has been throwing so much mud for a year solid that it's been getting thinner and thinner. At this point he is in 'boy who cried wolf' territory, the diminishing returns meaning very little if anything at all is sticking while he looks like he's after being through several Tough Mudder runs on the trot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Dick phelan slams pussy grabbing...

:D you got me there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭ebbsy

ISIS will be praying that Clinton gets in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

ebbsy wrote:

Ah sure that crowd pray for anything.

ebbsy wrote: »
    Actually, the opposite. ISIS' recruitment absolutely thrives off disaffected and alienated young Muslims, and alienating young Muslims (rather, all Muslims) is and has since almost day one been, a central part of Trump's campaign. His ignorance and stupidity does their work for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Wibbs wrote: »

I'm likely way off here, but my suspicion is yes she'll win, but the scary part may be by how much she wins. If it's not an atomic powered landslide across that nation it doesn't bode well for their medium future. And anything like a close run race will give more ammo to those who want to bring a second wave after the combover muppet. A second more sophisticated wave will be far harder to ignore. If an oaf like Trump can get to be nominated by the same party that fielded Abe Lincoln and still be in the running, how easy will it be to play to that mass of voters the next time? And as I say, not just in America.

Trump could walk outside trump tower and shoot a homeless guy and it wouldn't affect his numbers much

America is divided right down the middle and the division is growing, its not about candidates anymore, its a media driven right vs left war. I was just listening to a few women on fox news today basically try to hold trump up as some kind of hero who will turn around all the us problems (which is a mess according to them) if elected..this same station that back in 2007 was telling us that Obama won't kill jobs, devalue the dollar, see the Dow fall below 6,000 and welcome in record gasoline prices

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Trump could walk outside trump tower and shoot a homeless guy and it wouldn't affect his numbers much

America is divided right down the middle and the division is growing, its not about candidates anymore, its a media driven right vs left war. I was just listening to a few women on fox news today basically try to hold trump up as some kind of hero who will turn around all the us which is a mess if elected..this same station that back in 2007 was telling us that Obama won't kill jobs, devalue the dollar, see the Dow fall below 6,000 and welcome in record gasoline prices
    I might have misread your post, but did you just say FOX News were backing Obama in the 2008 election!? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Billy86 wrote: »
    I might have misread your post, but did you just say FOX News were backing Obama in the 2008 election!? :confused:

I was wondering the same. I presume that "won't" was supposed to be "would".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Something's in the air. Lot of reports on Twitter of the RNC calling a halt to the printing and distribution of Trump material following high level meetings today. RNC lawyers apparently looking at options. Interesting times.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

You're not painting a very positive picture of the future there, Wibbs.

Unfortunately:(
    It could go either way B. For me Trump is not the problem, he's the symptom of a much wider and deeper malaise. It's soooo easy to sniff haughtily and ignore/pass off his supporters and the growing right in general as merely "trolls". That's beyond daft a position to take IMH. On more than a few levels. I have had debates online elsewhere with Trump supporters and "alt right" people with it. I hate to break it to folks, but no they are not all morons and fools. Quite the number were well informed and clued in people. A few would even be open in admitting that Trump is an oaf, but that he's a protest vote against "Washington". If such people were slack jawed stereotypical yeehaw Septics they would be easy to dismiss. Even in Ireland I personally know people who were tie dyed in the wool hippie "lefties" that are moving ever more centre and beyond that centre and they're not morons and fools either. They wouldn't be Trump supporters(well they're not American for a start), but they would be getting more Right wing on a few subjects. EG the Irish "homeless crisis" and welfare bloat would be very much in play. The shine on the refugees is tarnishing too. And we're not near the spearpoint of that craziness.

However Ireland and the Irish tend to be so middle of the road they're a danger to traffic. :D And this is a good thing. So we should be insulated from the excesses of it all. We're also very much a monoculture by comparison to other nations and again I'm personally thankful for that. We have far fewer flash points that the excessive of zeal of any stripe could muster and twist for ill. The rest of Europe is not so potentially trouble free.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Something's in the air. Lot of reports on Twitter of the RNC calling a halt to the printing and distribution of Trump material following high level meetings today. RNC lawyers apparently looking at options. Interesting times.
    I have mused before that Trump might have decided to jump before he was pushed and further mused that he is likely surprised they got this far. Regardless of the electoral procedures even legalities he might still pull out and claim it as some sort of "victory" and twist it that way for his support base. Make it the democrats and republicans fault that he lost in a "rigged game". This would make things ripe for more of his type of politics to come back under a more measured politician after Hillary does the "first woman US prez" term. It's unlikely she'll shift opinion much as president and that would leave things nicely open for a polished Right winger like Trump, but without the stench of oaf to come along in 2020. There is clearly a support base that were so supportive of that politic that they could ignore an oaf like Trump to show their support. If I was in the "alt Right" camp, that's precisely how I would spin it.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Though tbf to trump.....even if he deosnt win....youd have to at least grudgingly admire how close he'll come....even with everything (most of itbwotgbin reason) thrown at him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

ChikiChiki wrote: »

Had a bet a few weeks back at 22/1 that he wouldn't be the official Republican candidate on election day, i'd given up hope but there may be a glimmer now :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Though tbf to trump.....even if he deosnt win....youd have to at least grudgingly admire how close he'll come....even with everything (most of itbwotgbin reason) thrown at him

There are people who would see the good side of Hitler if he was the GOP candidate.

The only thing to admire here is the exquisite irony of the Tea Party, Fox News, Koch brothers stupidity blowing up in their faces.

First Up wrote: »
    There are people who would see the good side of Hitler if he was the GOP candidate.

The only thing to admire here is the exquisite irony of the Tea Party, Fox News, Koch brothers stupidity blowing up in their faces.

Not 100% sure what GOP is....meaning to Google it

But it makes Ireland's tradition of ff/FG look not as bad

Grand Old Party, nickname of sorts for the GOP - I think they coined it, e.g. not derogatory (as best I know)

Actually you got me interested where it came from - http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1481/why-is-the-republican-party-called-the-gop
    The Republican Party started in the 1850's, formed from a split in the Democratic party, whose members, primarily abolitionists, felt the Democrats were no longer representing their interests. They decided to call themselves Republicans because they felt their ideals were very similar to Jefferson's Democratic-Republican party. After the Civil War, the upstart Republicans were perceived as the party that won the war. Now firmly entrenched in the federal government, they were ironically dubbed the "Gallant Old Party," which soon became the "Grand Old Party," which was soon shortened to the familiar acronym "GOP."

• Registered Users Posts: 40,451 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

GOP= Grand Old Party i.e the republican party

Grand Old Party, nickname of sorts for the GOP - I think they coined it, e.g. not derogatory (as best I know).

Cheers (both of ye)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/08/politics/trump-on-howard-stern/index.html?sr=twCNN100816trump-on-howard-stern0742PMVODtopLink&linkId=29715274

Very grim, especially when you consider pretty much all of those comments would have been made after he turned 50 and lets not forget their is a rape civil suit regarding a 13 year old floating about.

Dire. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

Rjd2 wrote: »
    http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/08/politics/trump-on-howard-stern/index.html?sr=twCNN100816trump-on-howard-stern0742PMVODtopLink&linkId=29715274

Very grim, especially when you consider pretty much all of those comments would have been made after he turned 50 and lets not forget their is a rape civil suit regarding a 13 year old floating about.

Dire. :eek:
    And the "assault" on Ivana.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

There is a video out there of Hilary laughing about getting a pedophile of a charge. The mainstream media won't tell you though.

Letree wrote: »
    There is a video out there of Hilary laughing about getting a pedophile of a charge. The mainstream media won't tell you though.

Not doubting it....but all this sounds like the proof of God. ...it's there but Ya cant see it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

So why dont you?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,760 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

If i was American i would still vote for Trump over Hilary. To me he is still the antidote to pc bulls**t and reckless liberals.

If i was American i would still vote for Trump over Hilary. To me he is still the antidote to pc bulls**t and reckless liberals.

And that is exactly why you would be in the minority.

And that is exactly why you would be in the minority.

A growing minority, trump may well have messed up but someone will fill that void.

• Advertisement

Despite having little to no policies beyond wall building

**though I remember a successfull irish president running on a platform of bridge building

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement