Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Billy86 wrote: »
    If you want to point out that people are angry about their current lot, I have every right on a public forum to point out that it's interesting that this mindset only gained so much traction under Obama. I don't see what's so offensive to you about that and was just pointing it out. It's not an argument against your post or an attempt to say your findings are inaccurate, it just is what it is. And if you don't like it, well.. tough.

Your so convinced you are right that you are attacking imaginary arguments that you are making yourself. Do try to keep up.

My point was that Obama took his eye off a key constituency - the working class. As a result, these naturally Democrat voters will swing to Trump.
    That's not a 'mindset' - it's a problem for Hillary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Is that it? I mean the first two are bad (but third hand), I'd dispute the rest as being racist (e.g. he didn't say all Mexicans are rapers). I was kinda expecting some youtube clips from rallies to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, I think the man is a bigot and ignorant on plenty of things. I just don't think he's a racist, he's been in the public limelight for decades and we only decide it when he runs as a Rep?
    That's not it, it's a five minute google search. :p

Inferring that most people from a single country are rapists and drug dealers, is indeed racist. Calling Jews tight with money is no better. Saying these guys do not look Indian despite them being Indian is racist. Calling someone from Japan a 'Jap' is racist - it's the exact same as 'Paki' is in Ireland, or 'Chink' in most of the world. The whole birther movement was unadulterated racism.

The two comments from O'Donnell Trump himself has also said are probably true.

When someone constantly says racist things against so many types of people, it's pretty hard to not consider them racist.

Thats pretty unconvincing. I agree with beach walker - Trump is gauche, ignorant and a bully but he is not racist. Thats an expression that is bandied around too much these days.

LorMal wrote: »
    Your so convinced you are right that you are attacking imaginary arguments that you are making yourself. Do try to keep up.

My point was that Obama took his eye off a key constituency - the working class. As a result, these naturally Democrat voters will swing to Trump.
    That's not a 'mindset' - it's a problem for Hillary.
    Third time now: I am not attacking any argument of yours. This does not seem to be getting through to you. I don't know if you consider anything other than "YAY GO LORMAL!!" as an attack on your post but whatever. And for a fourth time: I am not attacking any argument of yours.

I am pointing out that many the issues people are getting so up in arms over have existed for a long time, with seemingly all presidents taking an eye off the working class, yet it has only become such a vocal issue during Obama's presidency. It's implications on Hillary are again not what I am pointing toward. I am simply stating that issue has been around for decades, and that it is interesting how more vocal people became about it under their first black president.

If you don't want anyone to respond to your posts with anything other than 100% complete adoration and entire agreement, and nothing else such as even expanding on a point on a public forum, I can't help you.

Thats pretty unconvincing. I agree with beach walker - Trump is gauche, ignorant and a bully but he is not racist. Thats an expression that is bandied around too much these days.
    So...

"Laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.”

Not racist?

• Advertisement

Third time now: I am not attacking any argument of yours. This does not seem to be getting through to you. I don't know if you consider anything other than "YAY GO LORMAL!!" as an attack on your post but whatever. And for a fourth time: I am not attacking any argument of yours.

I am pointing out that many the issues people are getting so up in arms over have existed for a long time, with seemingly all presidents taking an eye off the working class, yet it has only become such a vocal issue during Obama's presidency. It's implications on Hillary are again not what I am pointing toward. I am simply stating that issue has been around for decades, and that it is interesting how more vocal people became about it under their first black president.

If you don't want anyone to respond to your posts with anything other than 100% complete adoration and entire agreement, and nothing else such as even expanding on a point on a public forum, I can't help you.

Childish petulant response.
    Your argument is ridiculous. You are trying to argue that the people in Middle America who have lost their jobs and who have seen their incomes diminish are only bringing this up as an issue because Obama is a black President. Bollocks. These were the people who VOTED FOR OBAMA!

So...

"Laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.”

Not racist?

You don't know he said that. Its gossip.

So the guy who said Trump said it was lying?
    And Trump was also lying when he said it was probably true?

We don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

In a statement to the Washington Examiner media desk, Trump said the book with the alleged quote was "written by a fired and totally disgruntled employee who was terrible at the job he did and who I hardly knew."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/fusion-misattributes-racist-quote-to-donald-trump/article/2567872

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,232 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

And the alternative to Trump laughs at Child Rape and no more cares about equality then a redneck

Lucky Americans eh

Childish petulant response.
    Your argument is ridiculous. You are trying to argue that the people in Middle America who have lost their jobs and who have seen their incomes diminish are only bringing this up as an issue because Obama is a black President. Bollocks. These were the people who VOTED FOR OBAMA!
    I'm going to assume that you have proof of incomes diminishing in the last 4 years that were not diminishing before then?

I'm not even a Trump supporter - I hope Hillary wins.
    But I hate this herd mentality... 'Trump is a racist fascist - so he's going to lose'. The Marion Finucane Show school of political analysis.

omahaid wrote: »
    In a statement to the Washington Examiner media desk, Trump said the book with the alleged quote was "written by a fired and totally disgruntled employee who was terrible at the job he did and who I hardly knew."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/fusion-misattributes-racist-quote-to-donald-trump/article/2567872
    http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/trump-hate-216539

[t]he stuff O’Donnell wrote about me is probably true. The guy’s a f—-g loser. A f—-g loser. I brought the guy in to work for me; it turns out he didn’t know that much about what he was doing. I think I met the guy two or three times total. And this guy goes off and writes a book about me, like he knows me!”

I'm going to assume that you have proof of incomes diminishing in the last 4 years that were not diminishing before then?

Give it a rest. Your point is rubbish.
    American working class voters are disgruntled in their millions - and they are blaming the establishment. They are voting for those they see as outside the mainstream - Trump and Saunders. Saunders wont make it. These voters will not move to Hillary - they will move to Trump,
    Have a look at the video report from the Guardians US correspondent. Its a brilliant analysis.
    This unease is NOTHING to do with Obama being black. Thee guys are democrats. They voted for Obama. They are not racist. Give it a rest.

Give it a rest. Your point is rubbish.
    So you don't have a link to show incomes diminishing in the last 4 years that were not diminishing before then. Grand.

So you don't have a link to show incomes diminishing in the last 4 years that were not diminishing before then. Grand.

Your point is a pile of crap - you know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

So...

Not racist?

Its racist, but you always have apologists even on Boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

It's what we need: a doer, not a thinker... with even more doing and less thinking.

• Advertisement

Hes says racist stuff every month. Why do you think he would be any different behind the scenes?

Superhorse wrote: »
    Really hoping this guy can win it if only to see the utter disgust on the faces of the highly left wing liberal do gooders on CNN. The guy is a complete breath of fresh air in this PC obsessed age.

Mocking a person with a disability is a complete breath of fresh air?

Hes says racist stuff every month. Why do you think he would be any different behind the scenes?

And he burns crosses and wears a big pointy hat. He reads Mein Kamph and he wears lederhosen in bed.
    He'll never win.

Your point is a pile of crap - you know it.
    Your points become more and more detailed and eloquent by the minute.

It definitely has nothing to do with race so. It definitely has nothing to do with him being disproportionately unpopular among white Americans. It definitely has nothing to do with him scoring over 20% lower among white than any other racial demographic in both his elections (barring Asians in 2008 and 'other' in 2012, both of which were at a 19% difference). You've done a great job forgetting Romney dominating the white vote to the point some people thought he might be able to win off of it alone. Definitely nothing about race here for a nation with a history of racial tensions (and a current presidential candidate whose platform is largely built on race baiting). But no, nothing to see here, let's just all carry on.

It should be telling to you that Trump is popular with the white working class, but not black.

I mean, it is not like unemployment under Obama has gone down significantly or anything like that, which would help the working classes. It's not as if welfare spending increased by 32% in his first term alone. It's not as if he has been pushing congress to increase minimum wage throughout his tenure. It's not as if he introduced an affordable care act that he led to increased coverage for millions of working class and impoverished.

It should tell you something that the first black US president was badgered for more a full term about his birth certificate. Including by the guy who is running a platform of racial tensions and race baiting. But definitely not related to his race at all, you couldn't be more right there.

Obama has been far, far from perfect in many respects. I'm far from a big fan of his presidency. But to claim his popularity issues among the working class is not related to race is laughable. The problems that existed during his presidency were there long before, but a very vocal bunch only found their voices when a well spoke, black man got in office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

How about the famous case of his company intentionally not renting to black people? One does not need to be a member of the KKK to be a racist, you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This thread is about Donald Trump not Obama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Trump is as mad as a box of blonde frogs with hairpieces!

He's all showman and bluster, he loves himself, and he's an ego driven far right buffoon!

...and that Mexican wall is never going to get built either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I'm a leftie and would vote Bernie if I could, but that is a cracking video. Their has been a lot of sneering towards the people who are voting Trump, yep he probably does attract some unsavoury characters, but overall a lot of his supporters are normal hard working people who feel they have no voice and no future in the current era. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,232 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well yes, if you want Honesty you vote Saunders not Clinton or Trump

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I'm a leftie and would vote Bernie if I could, but that is a cracking video. Their has been a lot of sneering towards the people who are voting Trump, yep he probably does attract some unsavoury characters, but overall a lot of his supporters are normal hard working people who feel they have no voice and no future in the current era. :)

It's a great video.
    Yes, I would vote Saunders by choice too. I am trying to explain on here why I think Trump is going to win (based on his appeal to the disaffected).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement