Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

B_Wayne wrote: »
    Who will win the world series next year?
    USA! USA! USA!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    The only thing Hillary has to do to win this is stay alive
    Mel Carnahan was elected to the senate despite being having the disadvantage of dying three weeks earlier.

I'm also reminded of Edwin Edwards
    After Edwards' loss in 1987, a journalist for the defunct Shreveport Journal wrote that the only way Edwin Edwards could ever be elected again was to run against Adolf Hitler. These words turned out to be shockingly prophetic, since after the 1991 primary Edwards discovered his runoff opponent to be neo-Nazi David Duke.
    A popular bumper sticker urging support for Edwards (although clearly not produced by his campaign) read "Vote For the Crook. It's Important." Another read "Vote for the Lizard, not the Wizard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

David Duke... now why does that name ring a bell?

:p

http://fox8.com/2016/10/08/melania-trump-the-words-my-husband-used-are-unacceptable/
    Melania Trump condemned remarks made by her husband, Donald Trump, in 2005 in which he made sexually aggressive remarks about women.

“The words my husband used are unacceptable and offensive to me,” she said in a statement released by Donald Trump’s campaign. “This does not represent the man that I know. He has the heart and mind of a leader. I hope people will accept his apology, as I have, and focus on the important issues facing our nation and the world. ”

Donald Trump, however, was unwavering.

“I’d never withdraw. I’ve never withdrawn in my life,” Trump told The Washington Post Saturday morning. “No, I’m not quitting. I have tremendous support.”

He also told The Wall Street Journal there is “zero chance I’ll quit.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Feline Grabber

Letree wrote: »
    If i was American i would still vote for Trump over Hilary. To me he is still the antidote to pc bulls**t and reckless liberals.

And here is why Trump supporters won't be taken seriously. Well done.

Will support anyone as long as it will normalise calling black people ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

There is a video out there of Hilary laughing about getting a pedophile of a charge. The mainstream media won't tell you though.

Oh? Where is it then? Link it please.

Billy86 wrote: »
    David Duke... now why does that name ring a bell?

:p
    He's a wizard in the sheets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Duke
    David Ernest Duke is an American white nationalist, politician, antisemitic conspiracy theorist, Holocaust denier, and former Imperial Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan.

In 1995, Don Black and Chloê Hardin, Duke's ex-wife, began a bulletin board system (BBS) called Stormfront.

He is a republican candidate for the Senate :eek:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Louisiana,_2016

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

There is a video out there of Hilary laughing about getting a pedophile of a charge. The mainstream media won't tell you though.

That's a pretty big misrepresentation.

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-freed-child-rapist-laughed-about-it/

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Not 100% sure what GOP is....meaning to Google it

GOP = Grabbers Of P*ssy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

And here is why Trump supporters won't be taken seriously. Well done.

Will support anyone as long as it will normalise calling black people ****.

Pretty sure i didn't say any of that. No surprise you are a re-reg with nonsense like above.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Feline Grabber

Pretty sure i didn't say any of that. No surprise you are a re-reg with nonsense like above.

You don't want the PC antidote?

Pot and kettle with the nonsense comment, grown to expect it from you lot at this point.

A week in politics for Donald Trump: http://imgur.com/gallery/fcK9S

It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad that this is a real candidate for the position of the president of the United States.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Few things I predicted in recent elections. Conservatives would win an overall majority. Brexit. T May will be PM after Brexit referendum. It all seems so obvious now. I wish I was a betting person but I've never been in a bookies in my life.

I must admit I was a bit concerned about Trump winning a couple of months ago but it's all downhill for him from now on.

His high point was when he won the nomination but that high needed to be sustained but I don't sense the same fervour from his supporters as you saw back then. He won't have another high point again from now to November.

I do think his supporters were gagging for a knock-out blow in the televised debate but he didn't deliver. It just didn't happen, and it's not going to happen tomorrow or in the final debate.

It's all very well saying 'oh he's non-pc and he's not part of the establishment' stuff, but I don't think that kind of thinking is going to garner enough votes for him because I don't think people really vote on those kinds of points even if they say that they do. Those are just mini-gripes and I think the electorate will finally wake up and ask themselves if they really want him to be the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

It ain't gonna happen. I'm just now trying to get my head around calling Bill Clinton 'the first lady'.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Wibbs wrote: »
    I didn't go down that road because IMH is an all too simplistic response and explanation. Just as they might call you a "cuck" you call them "trolls". Neither are big or clever. I say tomato, you say cuck/troll. Same diff mostly. It isn't an explanation for a start. It misses a few points by a country mile. The main one for me is that there is a growing percentage of people - that is also growing beyond US borders via the interwebs and media - that are increasingly feeling sidelined and disaffected by old style middle of the road politics, politicians and mainstream media that they see as far removed from their day to day lives. Trump and "alt right" in its various garbs are plugging into that.

It's also happening in Europe on the heels of this clusterfcuk that is the "refugee crisis". People can see with their own two eyes and hear with their own two ears the waves of spin and BS from interested parties with agendas and failed polices. And still we're paying to hoover up economic migrants who themselves are paying(which is often missed) to cross the Mediterranean and are expected to accommodate them in increasing numbers. And with the increasing numbers and BS more and more people are becoming more and more polarised. We're thankfully not seeing it here in Ireland, being on the edge of Europe and being generally meh politically, but I've seen it with people having to live with it more closely and emotions are getting ever more heated and more publicly, while mainstream politicians and media are spinning the "everything's grand" mantra. That's the real danger. You can't keep pissing on people's backs and insist that it's raining. Sooner or later the smell of piss gets to be too much.

I'm likely way off here, but my suspicion is yes she'll win, but the scary part may be by how much she wins. If it's not an atomic powered landslide across that nation it doesn't bode well for their medium future. And anything like a close run race will give more ammo to those who want to bring a second wave after the combover muppet. A second more sophisticated wave will be far harder to ignore. If an oaf like Trump can get to be nominated by the same party that fielded Abe Lincoln and still be in the running, how easy will it be to play to that mass of voters the next time? And as I say, not just in America.

I said it was an additional option, not the only one.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

By the way not that it even matters anymore at this point, but another reason why Trump may not have released his tax returns...

Forbes: Trump's Fortune Falls $800mn in Last 12 Months

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭54and56

I love this guy.
    More and more, i'm finding myself hoping he becomes president.
    The stuff he says goes against all my political views but still i 'd love to see him beat Hillary.

I'm reasoning first off that he doesn't mean any of the stuff he says (the wall etc). It's all just to get in.
    And I actually do believe he gives a **** about America.
    I also feel deep down he's a decent enough guy just playing the political system and having a fcuking great time. And he's hilarious.
    Can't stump the trump videos on YouTube are brilliant BTW.

Just wanted to get an idea what ye think about The Donald.

So, how (if at all) have recent events altered your view on Mr Trump?

John McCain withdrawing support for Trump. Arnie as well.

He has finally become too much of a liability.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    John McCain withdrawing support for Trump. Arnie as well.

He has finally become too much of a liability.

WTF? McCain was still supporting Trump after Trump publicly mocked him about being a POW???

Bazzo wrote: »
    WTF? McCain was still supporting Trump after Trump publicly mocked him about being a POW???

I don't know if he publicly endorsed him.

Condaleeza Rice also coming out against him.

Reports of more tapes to come about Trump.

This was all totally foreseeable a few months back. Once Trump attacked Bill all this was there ready to come out.

It isn't inconceivable that Trump will drop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Being a Trump supporter will be hung round the neck of every Republican politician for the next 10 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I can imagine the American forefathers looking at Trump and Hillary and thinking 'where the hell did it all go wrong'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭54and56

Bazzo wrote: »

Yes he was!!

http://www.inquisitr.com/3076608/john-mccain-endorses-donald-trump-calls-for-an-apology/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

dont understand how much traction this tape is after getting, trump makes a lewd comment about women in a clip from ten years ago and all of a sudden everybody completely forgets all the horrifying sh!t hillary has following her around lately, such a strange election in general but its really opened my eyes to how trustworthy the msm are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Depp wrote: »
    all the horrifying sh!t hillary has following her around lately
    Could I just get a handy list of this "horrifying ****" from Hilary?

Could I just get a handy list of this "horrifying ****" from Hilary?

the stuff thats coming out about libya at the minute for one and the whole clinton foundation thing is pretty disgusting too.

What new stuff is coming out about Benghazi?????

What aspect of the Clinton Foundation is disgusting to you?

What new stuff is coming out about Benghazi?????

What aspect of the Clinton Foundation is disgusting to you?

that she sh!tcanned a peace deal that was on the table.

Where did the haiti money go? cause it didnt go to haiti. Also dont think its right how deep its connections go with big banks/saudi arabia

Have you links to these so I can read up on them? Both for the peace deal that Hilary ****canned, and for info detailing how none of the Clinton Foundation money found its way to Haiti.

Have you links to these so I can read up on them? Both for the peace deal that Hilary ****canned, and for info detailing how none of the Clinton Foundation money found its way to Haiti.

http://www.google.com

shouldnt be too hard to find

• Advertisement

I did Google, and I found nothing that I would consider remotely reliable. I'm just wondering what kind of sources you get your information from, as I'd like to see where you're getting this information. If there is an abundance of sources, please point me in their direction.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement