Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Side Gate

Don't think his comments will matter to his supporters one little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Side Gate wrote:

No, but they matter to everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Fox News has already declared Trump as the winner of the election.

ToddyDoody wrote:

That's it settled so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

First Up wrote: »
    That's it settled so.

It worked for Bush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

Makes you wonder how many more humdingers will be dropped before election day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Side Gate

Fully expect Trump to go on the attack now over Hillary's covering up of Bills crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭Christy42

ToddyDoody wrote: »

Link please as I need a laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Side Gate wrote: »

They'll matter to the undecideds and those who were only supporting him because he's the party's representative.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Tonight is Trumps Stalingrad, he must win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

They'll matter to the undecideds and those who were only supporting him because he's the party's representative.

The undecideds will be annoyed at being called racist idiots like they were with Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

tigger123 wrote: »
    Makes you wonder how many more humdingers will be dropped before election day.

i reckon something like this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

lawlolawl wrote: »
    The undecideds will be annoyed at being called racist idiots like they were with Brexit.
    I'm not sure many Americans voted in that referendum:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

That's it settled so.

It was in 2000. And even lost the overall vote that time.

lawlolawl wrote:

Who called the undecideds racist idiots?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

fryup wrote: »
    i reckon something like this :)

Haha!

It was in 2000. And even lost the overall vote that time.

What does that have to do with Fox News?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

What does that have to do with Fox News?

Every network had called it for Gore until Fox interceded. The locus of connection between GWB's victory in 2000 and Fox News has been incredibly well documented.

Every network had called it for Gore until Fox interceded. The locus of connection between GWB's victory in 2000 and Fox News has been incredibly well documented.

Are you referting to their predictions in advance or the election night count?

Fox is just a propaganda vehicle for the Republicans (although they are struggling with what to do about Trump). We all know what happened in 2000 but I'm still waiting to hear how they won the election for Bush.

538 is by far the most reliable and objective analyst of election trends and they are currently calling it 81% to Clinton and a 100+ margin in the electoral college.

I'll take their opinion a bit more seriously than Fox News.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Side Gate wrote: »

Have to agree. Is anyone surprised? It's just like Adams over here when he comes out with some ridiculous nonsense; eg his use of the 'N' word. His supporters are going to ignore all the negativity that goes with it. Undecideds will care though in the case of Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Tell us again how he plans to do this? What was it he said last time he was asked about his job creation plans?
    I haven't been paying attention to the small print in this election. Maybe ask the people who are voting for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,579 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I haven't been paying attention to the small print in this election. Maybe ask the people who are voting for him.

Well you said
    People are still completely retarded in to understanding why he remains popular.

Off colour comments in a private environment and a private capacity do not effect how he can create jobs, halt immigration or reduce crime. These are the things that affect people's lives.

Hillary Clinton will not bother trying to change people's lives in middle America. There is a small chance that Donald Trump can do this. They don't care what he says about not political stuff because it doesn't affect their lives.

People want a good president not a good person. They want somebody that will make big decisions, not a husband or Son-In-Law.

So surely you have been following his policies on this? Trump was asked recently about his job creation policies, what was his response?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Well you said

So surely you have been following his policies on this? Trump was asked recently about his job creation policies, what was his response?

Nah, Richard's just appear to be saying things he doesn't actually believe in to provoke a response. There's a word for that...

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Seems our celebrity billionaire has horrendous chat up techniques :pac:

How bad is Clinton that she hasn't him buried in the polls

Tbh it was looking like Clinton was going to run away with it until the pneumonia thing. If she can have a debate the polls should show a 5 or 6 point lead which is huge in American politics. Safe Red states would be up for grabs.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Well you said

Pretty much his job creation from a glance seems to be depot the Mexicans and that'll free up jobs??

Also a massively wall building prospect....which will go down in history as one of the most memorable presidential campaign slogan/policy ever

Edit .....also a much increased immigration department??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Alec Baldwin's Trump impression is absurdly good. :D

And since Trump loves bringing him up so much, here's a great Bill Clinton one by the late Phil Hartmann (you might remember him from such roles as Troy McClure! And Lionel Hutz, attorney at law!). Also fun to spot some people in the sketch before they got famous (starting at the very start of the video).

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Samaris wrote: »
    If that wasn't your point, than my post wasn't addressed to you, but it is being said. And I've heard it a lot less from the "liberal" side than the "conservative" side. I will grant that the "other side", whichever it is, will throw anything they can that sticks, but it's the people who are saying that she's only where she is because of her gender that I am calling fools. The facts do not back them up.

Seriously, I do not want to make this a gender thing. It deserves to be more than a gender thing. She deserves to be discussed for what she has DONE, not what she IS. My post was reactionary to bull****, not starting it off. If we're square on that, I'm happy to leave it be and hope the conversation can get back to what people say and do, not what they are.

Edit: As a side-note, she'd not be my first choice for "first female president". I'd prefer one that wasn't going to get screwed in the ass for four years by a Republican senate, get nothing done, and then have it pointed out that she was useless (because she was screwed in the ass for four years). I'm not actually all that bothered about "firsts", it's it being normal as anything else that I'd prefer, but that's all by the by.

I don't know, Wibbs misconstrued a post of mine yesterday as well. It appears he's trying to find things wrong and go on his epic, might fine rants. Makes the thread entertaining at least!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Pretty much his job creation from a glance seems to be depot the Mexicans and that'll free up jobs??

As Doug Stanhope said, they portray Mexicans as lazy, illiterate rapists and thieves. And in the next breath they say that they're "stealing our jobs". But if you're losing your job to a slovenly, illiterate thief, that doesn't say much about you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

i reckon Trump's team are tralling through Bill Clinton's ex-girlfriends to see who would be willing to dish the dirt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Feline Grabber

philstar wrote: »
    i reckon Trump's team are tralling through Bill Clinton's ex-girlfriends to see who would be willing to dish the dirt

I can't wait to see the shock on Trump's face when he finds out he's been preparing for the wrong Clinton. She may want to keep some distance between them, he can't help with kissing and grabbing her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement