Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

philstar wrote: »
    i reckon Trump's team are tralling through Bill Clinton's ex-girlfriends to see who would be willing to dish the dirt

They should start here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton_sexual_misconduct_allegations

Let's all vote for the woman that stood by his side through this and also the whole inserting cigars into interns vaginas in the Oval Office thing.

Imagine the memories Slick Willie will have when Hilldawg gets into the White House again. He might bring Monica back in for round 2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

I'm actually going to watch his debate live tonight. After the Trump tape leak. I think this could get really ugly tonight. Trump will pull out absolutely he has on Clinton in a desperate move to make her look as bad as possible, He'd bring up the Emails, Bill Clinton, Benghazi, Everything.

But ultimately I think Clinton will crush him again.and in the aftermath of the debate, I can see Trump backing out of the race.

We could see Clinton vs Pence in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

You know, in a month, maybe two, I hope the world will get back to goddam normal. I really really hope that this deep undercurrent of bitterness, vitriol and frankly, hate, recedes back into whatever lump of degrading **** it came from. I'm sick of it. I fear there's a few more years of it to go before the slow swing back towards sanity starts again. And I fear those people that don't want it too, that delight in the bitterness and the hate, and delight in spreading it. I fear those people. I fear their minds, their way of thinking, and how they twist anything and everything to its worst and make those worst aspects of humanity the norm.

2016 has been an utterly effed up year.

Trump should bring up the leaked email where Hillary joked about killing Julian Assange with a drone strike.

This is the mentality that is the "best choice" for the American people. I don't envy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,448 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Rainman16 wrote: »
    I'm actually going to watch his debate live tonight. After the Trump tape leak. I think this could get really ugly tonight. Trump will pull out absolutely he has on Clinton in a desperate move to make her look as bad as possible, He'd bring up the Emails, Bill Clinton, Benghazi, Everything.

But ultimately I think Clinton will crush him again.and in the aftermath of the debate, I can see Trump backing out of the race.

I dont think that is possible. candidate registrations have closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,758 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

the republicans distanced themselves from Pence over his LGBT comments but now laud him as a perfect candidate for VP...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I dont think that is possible. candidate registrations have closed.

It's possible to replace the candidate in some states but not others. But what it could essentially boil down to is the Republican Party releasing statements that say "If you vote for Trump/Pence, your vote will be counted for Pence/X instead". It's messy but technically doable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

everyone is out to lynch Trump

but look at JFK shagged everything in a skirt and he's looked upon as one of the finest presidents ever....or is it just the fact he was assassinated??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Rainman16 wrote: »

I'd bet my house she has answered for these things. They may not be the best of answers and they probably won't even be true, but she'll deliver them while seeming like a grown up. I'd say she's surprised not to have had to answer any questions on these topics aside from emails in the first debate.

It's what politicians who have prepared for debates do.

What do orange reality TV stars do? Let's wait and find out.

Remember when she shoehorned Alicia Machado into the last debate? Does anyone reckon she has a similar grenade to drop this time? It was women and Latinas (I know that's a tautology but she covered two specific groups) last time what could she have this time, racism and Russia?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭54and56

lawlolawl wrote: »
    They should start here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton_sexual_misconduct_allegations

Let's all vote for the woman that stood by his side through this and also the whole inserting cigars into interns vaginas in the Oval Office thing.

Imagine the memories Slick Willie will have when Hilldawg gets into the White House again. He might bring Monica back in for round 2.

Allegations Vs evidence. Big difference.

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    the republicans distanced themselves from Pence over his LGBT comments but now laud him as a perfect candidate for VP...

I was surprised RFRA and gay conversion therapy didn't come up in the Veep debate, but afterwards it looked like Kaine was tasked with getting Pence to defend or disagree with Trump.

If the US elect Trump it will be the equivalent of us sending Dustin the Turkey to the Eurovision. Imagine Merkel or May having to meet with a guy who thinks they'd be happy for him to grab them by the pussy just because he thinks he's some sort of celebrity? You couldn't make it up!!!

Allegations Vs evidence. Big difference.

I was waiting for that :D

Where's the evidence with Trump?

Oh.......what's that? It's just more allegations as well? Funny how that counts for Trump but not for either Clinton.

They are both ****e candidates but at least Trump is honest about it and most of his gaffs are harmless. Clintons involve people dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

It's possible to replace the candidate in some states but not others. But what it could essentially boil down to is the Republican Party releasing statements that say "If you vote for Trump/Pence, your vote will be counted for Pence/X instead". It's messy but technically doable.

I doubt it. People have already voted in early-voting states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

but look at JFK shagged everything in a skirt and he's looked upon as one of the finest presidents ever....or is it just the fact he was assassinated??

JFK is certainly not "looked upon as one of the finest presidents ever" everywhere...we have a golden view of JFK here in Ireland because of his Irish connection and visit etc. However not everyone idolises JFK.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The ould assassination helps when people look back, bit like a young rock or film star dying.

Listened to a historical podcast about US Presidents in the 20th century recently and a lot of historians would put him as a middling President, Johnson would be rated higher for actual achievements. Then again JFK only had 3 years or so.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

maryishere wrote: »
    JFK is certainly not "looked upon as one of the finest presidents ever" everywhere...we have a golden view of JFK here in Ireland because of his Irish connection and visit etc. However not everyone idolises JFK.

Um, pretty much the entire baby-boomer generation loves him and numerous others love because he was assassinated in office :confused:

He was/is really popular.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Wibbs wrote: »
    For me, this election is less the thing. The next one is where it could get ugly. If the Republicans(or as a wild card another party) plugs into that dissatisfaction in a more measured way then they could end up with a Trump in attitude and policy.
    We still haven't got to the voting and counting yet, lots of allegations of dirty tricks to come.

Have the Democrats managed to sign up new voters ?

I was waiting for that :D

Where's the evidence with Trump?

Will the words from his own mouth and his own apology do you?

You wouldn't elect someone who behaves like this class clown never mind US president.

Americans have more respect for themselves than to elect a misogynistic clown as their leader and for all the deflection Trump tries to project on Bill Clinton and his own sexual indiscretions the fact is it isn't Bill Clinton who is running for election.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

I personally wouldn't actually care if Trump was inclined to shag everything in sight. Same for JFK or Clinton or, hell, the female Clinton too. As long as the fellow partaker in said shagging was all up for it and it's preferably not actually illegal, go ahead!

I don't like Trump's way of looking at it, but that's hardly surprising. His is a nasty, degrading, unpleasant way to look at it, in a world that does its best to make sex dirty and unhealthy as opposed to a natural thing that there shouldn't be any shame connected to.

• Advertisement

Americans have more respect for themselves than to elect a misogynistic clown as their leader .

In much the same way as he wasn't going to win the nomination after all the despicable stuff he said back then. Sure, the man was only a clown what good fearing Americans would vote for him? :D

Sorry dude, it's happening right now. This guy has a non-zero chance of being the next president of the US of A because he's just about as dirty as the rest of them but the difference is that it doesn't matter to him or his supporters and it may not matter to those in the middle.

This could very well be Brexit all over again. It was in the bag right up until it wasn't. The hardcore left-wing don't seem to have realized that self-assured smarm doesn't go down real well any more.

In much the same way as he wasn't going to win the nomination after all the despicable stuff he said back then. Sure, the man was only a clown what good fearing Americans would vote for him? :D

Sorry dude, it's happening right now. This guy has a non-zero chance of being the next president of the US of A because he's just about as dirty as the rest of them but the difference is that it doesn't matter to him or his supporters and it may not matter to those in the middle.

This could very well be Brexit all over again . It was in the bag right up until it wasn't. The hardcore left-wing don't seem to have realized that self-assured smarm doesn't go down real well any more.
    When will the lie that brexit was a shock die?

We still haven't got to the voting and counting yet, lots of allegations of dirty tricks to come.

Have the Democrats managed to sign up new voters ?

Not sure, there definitely was an effort by the party machine to get everybody signed up.

Might be a bigger problem for Trump.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Not sure, there definitely was an effort by the party machine to get everybody signed up.

Might be a bigger problem for Trump.

My understanding is that DNC has the much stronger ground game.

Never. It's part of the victimised and down trodden narrative. You can correct it all you want but it is pointless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

Samaris wrote: »
    I personally wouldn't actually care if Trump was inclined to shag everything in sight. Same for JFK or Clinton or, hell, the female Clinton too. As long as the fellow partaker in said shagging was all up for it and it's preferably not actually illegal, go ahead!

I don't like Trump's way of looking at it, but that's hardly surprising. His is a nasty, degrading, unpleasant way to look at it, in a world that does its best to make sex dirty and unhealthy as opposed to a natural thing that there shouldn't be any shame connected to.

Didn't Trump rape Ivana Zelníčková in 1989? JFK fcked around but I never heard of him raping anyone, He was a good looking guy in his early 40's He had actresses and models throwing themselves at him.

The Financial Times has a nice breakdown of remain and leave barely swapping places for months in multiple polls if you feel like googling it.

Remain was ahead going into the polls.

Look how that turned out.

Calling undecideds racist idiots sure helped there. The left are so tone deaf at this stage from being told that they always right that they don't see this stuff coming.

The Financial Times has a nice breakdown of remain and leave barely swapping places for months in multiple polls if you feel like googling it.

Remain was ahead going into the polls.

Look how that turned out.

Calling undecideds racist idiots sure helped there. The left are so tone deaf at this stage from being told that they always right that they don't see this stuff coming.

What are you talking about leave was ahead for weeks before the vote.

Edit: if they're barely swapping places then it was by definition polled as a close race. You've disproved your own point.
    K-9 wrote: »
    Never. It's part of the victimised and down trodden narrative. You can correct it all you want but it is pointless.

Espoused by the very people who rile against the culture of victim hood, snowflakes and the easily triggered.

This could very well be Brexit all over again. It was in the bag right up until it wasn't. The hardcore left-wing don't seem to have realized that self-assured smarm doesn't go down real well any more.

Three things:

1. Winning a vote amongst Republicans to see who'd represent them (from a fairly weak slate of candidates) isn't the same thing as getting a majority of US citizens to vote for you.

2. Brexit tapped into a deep seated anti emigration colonial vein of thinking which saw mostly older and unemployed people support as they had little to lose either way. Their view has prevailed meaning the current and next generations have to pay the price starting with a 20% drop in the value of their asset and the likelihood of significant long term inflation which should suit fixed (sterling) income pensioners really well!!! Some victory.

3. Even of he is elected what major world leaders will take him seriously? He's a joke candidate similar to Dustin the Turkey and whilst it was fun in the beginning it won't be too funny if he actually becomes the person the US elects as it's leader. No doubt it'll provide an endless stream of humour for the rest of the world but despite the short term entertainment I think that would ultimately be bad for the US and for the world.

• Advertisement

Three things:

1. Winning a vote amongst Republicans to see who'd represent them (from a fairly weak slate of candidates) isn't the same thing as getting a majority of US citizens to vote for you.

2. Brexit tapped into a deep seated anti emigration colonial vein of thinking which saw mostly older and unemployed people support as they had little to lose either way. Their view has prevailed meaning the current and next generations have to pay the price starting with a 20% drop in the value of their asset and the likelihood of significant long term inflation which should suit fixed (sterling) income pensioners really well!!! Some victory.

3. Even of he is elected what major world leaders will take him seriously? He's a joke candidate similar to Dustin the Turkey and whilst it was fun in the beginning it won't be too funny if he actually becomes the person the US elects as it's leader. No doubt it'll provide an endless stream of humour for the rest of the world but despite the short term entertainment I think that would ultimately be bad for the US and for the world.

1. In a country where a large percentage people vote along party lines you are already doing OK.

2. These same groups will vote for Trump in the US. He is claiming he will make America great again. Pure white-folk bait and doubly so for older people.

3. These kind of statements will make people vote for him out of "**** you, I'll vote for who I want" sentiment. The entire country is based on freedom and you are telling them not to vote for a particular candidate? Dangerous stuff. Give them a reason to vote for Hillary instead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement