Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Billy86 wrote: »
    Your points become more and more detailed and eloquent by the minute.

It definitely has nothing to do with race so. It definitely has nothing to do with him being disproportionately unpopular among white Americans. It definitely has nothing to do with him scoring over 20% lower among white than any other racial demographic in both his elections (barring Asians in 2008 and 'other' in 2012, both of which were at a 19% difference). You've done a great job forgetting Romney dominating the white vote to the point some people thought he might be able to win off of it alone. Definitely nothing about race here for a nation with a history of racial tensions (and a current presidential candidate whose platform is largely built on race baiting). But no, nothing to see here, let's just all carry on.

It should be telling to you that Trump is popular with the white working class, but not black.

I mean, it is not like unemployment under Obama has gone down significantly or anything like that, which would help the working classes. It's not as if welfare spending increased by 32% in his first term alone. It's not as if he has been pushing congress to increase minimum wage throughout his tenure. It's not as if he introduced an affordable care act that he led to increased coverage for millions of working class and impoverished.

It should tell you something that the first black US president was badgered for more a full term about his birth certificate. Including by the guy who is running a platform of racial tensions and race baiting. But definitely not related to his race at all, you couldn't be more right there.

Obama has been far, far from perfect in many respects. I'm far from a big fan of his presidency. But to claim his popularity issues among the working class is not related to race is laughable. The problems that existed during his presidency were there long before, but a very vocal bunch only found their voices when a well spoke, black man got in office.

You demanded a link from me to support my position. I gave you one (the Guardian video). You obviously didn't watch it - given that you are still on about Obama and race ad nauseum.
    For the final time - these disaffected voters voted for Obama - they are not racist.
    It's the economy, stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

The guy is a fnuckin idiot and will get hammered if he gets to run.
    Don't give up the day job, you'd make a terrible clairvoyant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/trump-hate-216539

[t]he stuff O’Donnell wrote about me is probably true. The guy’s a f—-g loser. A f—-g loser. I brought the guy in to work for me; it turns out he didn’t know that much about what he was doing. I think I met the guy two or three times total. And this guy goes off and writes a book about me, like he knows me!”

You've a link that says one thing and I've a link that says the opposite, why should I believe yours over mine?

And of course Trump said "probably" not definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 25,578 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Don't give up the day job, you'd make a terrible clairvoyant.

€50 to make a wish foundation bet that Trump doesn't make president?

• Advertisement

I've got to say.. After Hillary backing out of debating Sanders, I'm really looking forward to the possibility that Trump will debate him. They've said they will so here's to hoping.

Hillary might try to get involved now to save face but with the email stuff, she'll probably hide away as she's been doing so much recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I despair for anyone that believes Trump is an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Trump wins enough delegates for Republican nomination. Know contested convention.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36392084

• Registered Users Posts: 12,498 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Iceboy wrote: »

Sound like an ad for a cage fight or robort wars :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,498 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I despair for anyone that believes Trump is an idiot.

He is not a idiot, however he strike me as someone who's mammy told he was the greatest thing since slice bread and he has been surrounded by people who don't dissuade him of that fact all his life because he is wealthy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

mariaalice wrote: »
    He is not a idiot, however he strike me as someone who's mammy told he was the greatest thing since slice bread and he has been surrounded by people who don't dissuade him of that fact all his life because he is wealthy.

Nobody shouted "SHTOP!" when he started Trump Mortgages. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

LorMal wrote: »
    You demanded a link from me to support my position. I gave you one (the Guardian video). You obviously didn't watch it - given that you are still on about Obama and race ad nauseum.
    For the final time - these disaffected voters voted for Obama - they are not racist.
    It's the economy, stupid.

Your Guardian video showed one person who voted for Obama; 'these' is plural.

Then it had people complaining abut outsourcing. Unless you are trying to prove that Obama invented outsourcing you're just helping prove my point, because that's been going on for decades. I don't recall all this noise when it was skyrocketing under Bush, or when Romney -who has done loads of outsourcing himself directly- killed it with the white vote in 2012.

"Outsourcing is just a new way of doing international trade," said N. Gregory Mankiw, chairman of Bush's Council of Economic Advisors, which prepared the report. "More things are tradable than were tradable in the past. And that's a good thing."
    - Feb 10th, 2004.

Oh, and also giving about jobs. Which is interesting, because the last several years have seen the unemployment rate going down and down under Obama. And in Indiana specifically, where unemployment in 2009 was over 10.5% and is now under 5.5%.

It's definitely far more than the economy, stupid.

How Shillary's email scandal doesn't immediately disqualify her to liberals is crazy.

Only a straight ticket party drone would consider voting for her. You have to be an absolute moron with your head in the sand to even think she's worthy of being voted for. She's barely even a democrat other than the D next to her name.

Her poll numbers have been on the decline hardcore the past two weeks.

Her campaign has recently blamed bernie for that (somehow? bernie gets no media coverage).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Trump said on a talk-show last night that he'd debate Sanders and now he's saying he won't

Someone on Reddit made this gif to sum it up

https://i.imgur.com/PgZtz0j.gif

Thought it was hilarious

Kinda depressing that the whole campaign so far is being fueled by dank memes, hilariously depressing

Your Guardian video showed one person who voted for Obama; 'these' is plural.

Then it had people complaining abut outsourcing. Unless you are trying to prove that Obama invented outsourcing you're just helping prove my point, because that's been going on for decades. I don't recall all this noise when it was skyrocketing under Bush, or when Romney -who has done loads of outsourcing himself directly- killed it with the white vote in 2012.

"Outsourcing is just a new way of doing international trade," said N. Gregory Mankiw, chairman of Bush's Council of Economic Advisors, which prepared the report. "More things are tradable than were tradable in the past. And that's a good thing."
    - Feb 10th, 2004.

Oh, and also giving about jobs. Which is interesting, because the last several years have seen the unemployment rate going down and down under Obama. And in Indiana specifically, where unemployment in 2009 was over 10.5% and is now under 5.5%.

It's definitely far more than the economy, stupid.

Christ almighty - will you stop about Obama! This thread is about Trump. Other posters have told you this already but you continue to wave your little flag.
    I am no Trump supporter. My point is that these people will vote for Trump - as they have stated to the journalist.
    Is it that difficult for you to understand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Trump said on a talk-show last night that he'd debate Sanders and now he's saying he won't

Someone on Reddit made this gif to sum it up

https://i.imgur.com/PgZtz0j.gif

Thought it was hilarious

Kinda depressing that the whole campaign so far is being fueled by dank memes, hilariously depressing

It will be interesting to see how Trump supporters spin this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Probably something like, "hurr m'god emperor won't let that beta Bernie contaminate him!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Christ almighty - will you stop about Obama! This thread is about Trump. Other posters have told you this already but you continue to wave your little flag.
    You're the one who brought Obama up! :pac: You seem to have forgotten the initial post of yours I responded to...
    He will win because he appeals to the working class American who is suffering for the last 10 years and who Obama ignored.

I am no Trump supporter. My point is that these people will vote for Trump - as they have stated to the journalist.
    Is it that difficult for you to understand?
    Did I ever say Trump won't get votes? You seem -again- to be trying to say that I am disagreeing with your initial post. Do you need a fifth reminder that I was not disagreeing with your initial post? The one where you brought up Obama?

My point was that people got angry at Obama for things that had been around long before him, and that they didn't make much noise about until a black guy was calling the shots. You've done nothing to refute that point and are just disagreeing "because no".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Its racist, but you always have apologists even on Boards.ie.

On the flipside, its complete hearsay from a disgruntled employee with zero evidence and Trump himself said it was untrue, but forget that, he definitely said it because you don't like Trump

You're the one who brought Obama up! :pac: You seem to have forgotten the initial post of yours I responded to...

Did I ever say Trump won't get votes? You seem -again- to be trying to say that I am disagreeing with your initial post. Do you need a fifth reminder that I was not disagreeing with your initial post? The one where you brought up Obama?

My point was that people got angry at Obama for things that had been around long before him, and that they didn't make much noise about until a black guy was calling the shots. You've done nothing to refute that point and are just disagreeing "because no".

. You have been making the same stupid irrelevant point for long enough. Ignore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

It's interesting though, I mean, Hillary is typically a pretty f*cking good debater. How is he going to avoid debating her for months and months?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Trump and Trump supporters don't have to spin anything. They are unapologetic. You have come up against people who you can not manipulate and it kills the violent left-wing.

Trump and Trump supporters don't have to spin anything. They are unapologetic. You have come up against people who you can not manipulate and it kills the violent left-wing.

Cant be manipulated? Trump is the adult version of a child who just learnt to swear and now his friends think he's the coolest person ever and will do whatever he says without question.

Trump might not be able to be manipulated, Trump does what Trump wants and has created his own religion. This time the messiah just said sex out load in a shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Cant be manipulated? Trump is the adult version of a child who just learnt to swear and now his friends think he's the coolest person ever and will do whatever he says without question.

Trump might not be able to be manipulated, Trump does what Trump wants and has created his own religion. This time the messiah just said sex out load in a shop.

I don't care, he doesn't care, his supporters don't care. The opinion of others do not matter anymore. Libero-Fascists are getting a taste of their own medicine.

I don't care, he doesn't care, his supporters don't care. The opinion of others do not matter anymore. Libero-Fascists are getting a taste of their own medicine.

Clearly their opinions do matter. Why else would they do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

I'm sorry to break it to you, but not only the people that agree with Trump get votes. I know it's hard to cope with.

It's interesting though, I mean, Hillary is typically a pretty f*cking good debater. How is he going to avoid debating her for months and months?

Yeah, she's got that laugh down perfectly when asked a hard question.

She is very good at one thing. Perhaps better than anyone else. She is great at LYING.

Her skill at deception is staggering. Although, I'm sure her massive team, which manages her confusion every morning, coaches her on what exactly to say each day. Her days are spent practicing how best to lie. They must spend hours each day trying to twist reality and shove that information into her dense skull. She, like the good little demented robot she is, spits it out verbatim.

Nothing Hillary says is genuine. Everything is tested with focus groups, crafted by dozens of highly paid staffers, and created for the sole purpose of shifting reality and attempting to brainwash the populace.

I am always impressed by her ability to deceive.

The problem is, she isn't good at policy. She is a complete failure. Her skills with deception afford her nothing because she is a complete criminal, and sociopath. She hasn't accomplished anything.

You look at Trump, and you see that he has accomplished 10X more than she has, through the private sector. Clinton is worth hundreds of millions and hasn't produced a job in her life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Hillary is looking increasingly weak. As stated in a video posted earlier, she is letting Trump define the rules of the game and its a game he is a master at.

• Advertisement

She is in a quandary. Bernie has taken much of the traditional democrat left leaning vote from her. She can't attack too much on this side because she will look like a right wing apologist and part of the establishment.
    On the other hand, Trump is presenting himself as a maverick who is on the side of the working men and women of America. They see their traditional manufacturing industry jobs relocating outside of the US and a huge influx of immigrants driving wages lower and taking all the service industry jobs. Trump will 'make America great again'.
    Again, it is difficult for Hillary to attack Trump on this without alienating her core constituency - blue collar workers.
    She has some aces up her sleeve - Black and Hispanic voters, liberals, upper middle classes, some Republicans who won't stomach Trump - but these will not be enough imho.
    Remember, most states are nearly always vote the same way, blue or red. There are only a few states which swing from blue to red or vice versa - these are the vital middle ground where the fight will be fought.
    Most of these are the states with the disaffected blue collar workers eg Penneslyvania, California, Indiana, Michigan. If Trumps message resonates in these states he will win.
    He has momentum. He s a great communicator. He has won the nomination easily - without the support of the party and with a tiny budget.
    He's going to win the Presidency. (Unfortunately).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement