Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

learn_more wrote: »
    I like Hillary Clinton. She's got balls. She behaves exactly the same way as all the other male politicians go about their business. She doesn't have charisma or a great orator, but then again, neither did George Bush. I kinda like that steely cold attitude of hers.

Sometimes I think males object to seeing a woman behaving exactly the same way as a man does, as if it were beyond a womans capability.

Its true that women politicians get much more criticism for being tough where male politicians get respected. But my impression of it is that actually women are harsher on female politicians. Some of Trumps female support are women who just hate Clinton for reasons even they find difficult to explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Trump actually answered a question straight up. He may be rambling, but at least he has actually tried to answer questions honestly. Don't like the chap but he is winning the debate so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

"Women and children!"

Fcuk the male refugees, eh.

That's Canada's policy - no single adult male refugees - and it works quite well for them. And Canada has 5 times per capita the number of refugees that the US does.

Wow - Trump and Pence cant even stay on the same page. A joke of a candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

He's getting animated now, the coke must be kicking in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Trumps absolute worst points on are on his international policy. If he said well lets withdraw from proxy wars. But he is saying 'go in and knock them out'..type of thing. God if only it was that simple.

Trumps absolute worst points on are on his international policy. If he said well lets withdraw from proxy wars. But he is saying 'go in and knock them out'..type of thing. God if only it was that simple.
    Well what do you expect from someone who literally hasn't spoken to his VP running mate over what he has made one of, if not the biggest, issue of his entire campaign?

Trump is shouting louder tonight, but he's making a bigger and bigger fool of himself as it goes on.

And this moaning about answering times is going to kill him. Rile up his base, but won't do a thing for those on the fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,180 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Out of curiosity, for those who are saying The Donald is winning the debate....how do ye score a debate? What criteria is he hitting for you that you feel he is doing well here?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 16,227 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Out of curiosity, for those who are saying The Donald is winning the debate....how do ye score a debate? What criteria is he hitting for you that you feel he is doing well here?

the biglyness of his arguments/hands.

Grayson wrote: »
    the biglyness of his arguments.

I see.

Well, they are very bigly. So very bigly believe me, in fact they are some of the biglyest arguments on earth.

I am actually curious though, I don't see him doing well. There are obviously people who do think he is performing well here so I am interested in what is making them feel that way, even though I disagree.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Trump keeps describing everything in America as a disaster - I wonder if he thinks he could have helped by paying some tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I'd always rank a debate on how they deal with questions and the retorts they give to their opponents answers. Neither has dealt with questions well at all but Hillary has not retorted Trump very well and the sexist comments from Trump that came out turned out with her looking worse during those questions. Awful.

Really silly of Trump to suggest that if one votes for Hillary you'd effectively get 4 more years of Obama. We'll take that, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

She's wiping the floor with him despite her saying nothing impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

She's glued to her chair and looking sleepy but "she's wiping the floor with him".

She got eviscerated tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,227 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

http://img2.thejournal.ie/inline/2272569/original/?width=500&version=2272569

It appears we're not the only ones watching trump creep around behind hilary.

Another question not answered by Trump.

What questions has he actually answered?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'd say Kasich would've had a field day in this format and grabbing those in the centre ground.

Drumpf threatening lawyers against his opposition should he get in power and disagreeing with his vice president and thereby backing Assad should really be the end of it. But who's to bet that it will be a strong performance by him according to some...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Sand wrote: »
    Trump keeps describing everything in America as a disaster - I wonder if he thinks he could have helped by paying some tax?

He has said many times that it would along with that from many others taking advantage of the same tax benefits / loop holes which he has (many of whom have donated money to Hillary's campaign).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

dfx- wrote: »
    I'd say Kasich would've had a field day in this format and grabbing those in the centre ground.

Drumpf threatening lawyers against his opposition should he get in power and disagreeing with his vice president and thereby backing Assad should really be the end of it.

A lot of things should have been the end of it.

I think this will go down as a tie tbh.

• Advertisement

I would agree, I think she is putting the final nail in his coffin.

He has rambled, complained and avoided far too much to take away anything but a lasting memory of that from this debate. There has been far too many instances where he simply refuses to answer the question and instead attempts to launch an attack on Clinton over something that had no relevance to the actual question.

She has been calm, steady and made sure to smile and attempted to look warm. She isn't particularly good at it and she may be the luckiest lady alive right now because I don't think she had a hope of winning the election against anybody other then a character like Trump. She really lucked out, the Republican party dropped the ball big time this election.

She is basically winning the election by default. She is a far better debater so this wiping the floor with him was to be expected I suppose, still would rank her as a very poor candidate and think she will be a one termer barring something miraculous happening.

I wonder will the GOP learn from the mistakes in 4 years time.

I saw a fly buzzing around Trumps head as he was speaking. He must have more nice smelling hair spray than Hillary.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Another question not answered by Trump.

What questions has he actually answered?

None so far, he just tries to ramble on and complain about Clinton. The interesting thing is if Trump was elected, no one would know what he would do. Pence certainly doesn't know. Probably Trump doesn't know either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

The man hasn't made a coherent point all night.
    I know America is a mental place but making him president is just a step too far even for them.

He has said many times that it would along with that from many others taking advantage of the same tax benefits / loop holes which he has (many of whom have donated money to Hillary's campaign).

Difference is Clinton has worked as a public servant for 30 years. Trump hasn't even paid taxes.

I saw a fly buzzing around Trumps head as he was speaking. He must have more nice smelling hair spray than Hillary.

It landed on her face early on also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

That man in the audience for president!

Good f***ing man, Karl Becker!

Sand wrote: »
    Difference is Clinton has worked as a public servant for 30 years. Trump hasn't even paid taxes.

If he didn't pay taxed he'd be in jail ffs. Can't believe anyone falls for that crap.

Trump is an idiot and Hillary is a liar, but at least nobody sees Trump as being all that bright, Hillary's supporters though actually believe that she's being genuine with her cliched politically correct waffle.

• Advertisement

On the Jeremy Kyle/Jerry Springer comments...

https://twitter.com/jerryspringer/status/785303202254258178

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement