Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Trump brought everything he had there. And it was a rambling mess. The third debate should be more of the same and then this whole omnishambles will be over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Hillary answered that last question well.

Who would have thought that Trump would make his final comments on Hillary's passion for her work ! Just Bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Lol the sky presenter on Ivanka.

"there's Ivanka who Donald has said a lot of complimentary things about in the past"

You could tell he was dying to end that with.. "like she's a fine bit of ass"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Sand wrote: »
    Trump brought everything he had there. And it was a rambling mess. The third debate should be more of the same and then this whole omnishambles will be over.

Third debate is on Fox, so its his best shot.

He set such a low bar in the first debate and it was an improvement, but little substance and finished very poorly bar the last question.

Hilary wasn't great either, her lack of charisma and smugness was obvious and rambled a little also.

I'd give it to Hilary, but Jesus what a low point this is for such a great country, that this is the best America could offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I'd give it to Hilary, but Jesus what a low point this is for such a great country, that this is the best America could offer.

It's going to be a grim four years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,180 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Great example of how Trump just isolates and divides, cut his own running mate down tonight too. I would say the party are starting to get very worried about how much damage he is potentially doing to them, beyond the election which is already lost, they will surely be thinking about the house and senate seats and trying to hold the party together is not helped by Trump publicly throwing his VP candidate under the bus.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭nomadchocolate

Hilary wasn't great but this was due to Trump throwing accusation after accusation.

Trump's performance will be well received by his supporters. I think he threw all the mud tonight though. He can't repeat the e-mails etc again.

I think Hilary performed poorly and her last answer was disingenuous.

Thought the moderators had a tough night. At one stage the female moderator made her bias clear which will provide furher ammunition for the Trump fans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Trump would be finished by now against any other opponent (based on what came out this week re- his attitude to women).

Bill Clinton has kept Trump in the race.

Politically, Hillary makes Trump sound like a novice.

Business wise and when it comes to jobs...Trump hits notes with the disaffected ...and points the finger at Hillary.."what has she done".

Something is resonating with folks in America when he makes his sound-bites.

It's the only way you can explain his percentages.

It's fascinating stuff..and maybe a little disturbing for all of us looking on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Thought the moderators had a tough night. At one stage the female moderator made her bias clear which will provide furher ammunition for the Trump fans

You mean when she held Trump to actually answer the question he was being asked? She did the same to Clinton immediately after though, thing is Clinton got back on to answering the question unlike Trump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

It's going to be a grim four years.

Why would you say that, really ?

I haven't heard that Hillary has some social policies that are gonna change everything. Frankly, I couldn't care less about their home problems, it's their international policies , especially in war torn countries, that I'm concerned about.

Trump said tonight that if you vote for Hillary your effectively getting 4 more years of Obama. I'm fine with that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

Sand wrote: »
    Trump keeps describing everything in America as a disaster - I wonder if he thinks he could have helped by paying some tax?

Donald Trump needs to expand his vocabulary. The gulf between him and Hilary in this regard is staggering. Even with her fluffling a word earlier, there is no comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    Trump would be finished by now against any other opponent (based on what came out this week re- his attitude to women).

Bill Clinton has kept Trump in the race.

Politically, Hillary makes Trump sound like a novice.

Business wise and when it comes to jobs...Trump hits notes with the disaffected ...and points the finger at Hillary.."what has she done".

Something is resonating with folks in America when he makes his sound-bites.

It's the only way you can explain his percentages.

It's fascinating stuff..and maybe a little disturbing for all of us looking on.

Agreed.
    Anyone saying this race is run has no idea what they are talking about.
    I expect Clinton to win but it will be very tight and i wouldnt be naive enough to rule out a scenario where Trump sneaks it.
    As you say there are a lot of disaffected people in America living in horoendous poverty. They may well see Trump as an alternative to the establishment.

Trump is an idiot and Hillary is a liar

Trump is an idiot AND a liar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

I think you are giving him too much credit there. My main experience of him prior to this election race was on The Apprentice USA. That show had mostly Ivy League contestants. This was how he talked.

Wish he would at least mention ISIS once and what his plans for them are.

Agreed, it did him no harm when he was debating and ultimately defeated a very intelligent Ted Cruz who was on the Harvard debate team.

Well, hopefully he dumbs it down so much that the only people he speaks too are too dumb to register. :pac:

stankratz wrote: »
    Wish he would at least mention ISIS once and what his plans for them are.

Element of surprise, ISIS are bricking it. :p

• Advertisement

On a more serious note - as always, I would hate to have to vote in this election. It is always such a terrible choice of main candidates, I never envy the US public their choice. Ever. I have never looked favourably on any candidate since I was aware of US elections.

South Park was right with their 'Vote or Die' parody episode - they are always just given the choice between a douche and a turd. :D But it would have to Hilary for pres for me. It can't be Trump, it just can't be. Hilary is not completely awful, but Trumpington is.

The only real black mark I have against Hildog is the Monica Lewinsky affair. The way Ms. Lewinsky was treated by everyone surrounding Bill was despicable. Yes, she was foolish but so was Bill and her life was ruined. She was a young woman who made a mistake, but she was treated like a criminal.

Yes, that is one point of the debate that Trump won tonight. Clinton really had no comeback there and Bill looked rightfully looked concerned. There has been some allegations against Trump from his first wife but I believe that case was dropped. Clinton couldn't really win that one tonight.

The whole Monica Lewinsky affair disgusted me. Nearly twenty years on, Ms. Lewinsky is still talked of as a joke figure. That is not fair, she didn't seduce him, it was a mutual thing. But she's had her life ruined whilst he is potential first gentleman. We all remember her being described as "that woman". Well Bill, you were "that man". And she was only 22 years old.

It reminds me of the Profumo scandal, where John Profumo moved on with his life fairly unscathed whilst Christine Keeler never really recovered from the whole debacle and indeed lost employment when people found out who she was. But sure, let's throw these women under the bus, they don't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

"There has been some allegations against Trump from his first wife but I believe that case was dropped."

Whut? He was having a widely publicised affair with his future second wife while still married to his first wife. That's pretty common knowledge. The balls on him to go around criticising Hillary for "enabling" bill is unbelievable. How this very commonly known fact has escaped everyone's recollection (despite the supposedly relentless bias of the media against poor Donald) is beyond me.

Personally I couldn't give a rambling damn about these peoples private lives but the idea that a serial philanderer like Donald can raise the issue of infidelity (which Hillary was the VICTIM of ffs) is absolutely beyond satire.

"There has been some allegations against Trump from his first wife but I believe that case was dropped."

Whut? He was having a widely publicised affair with his future second wife while still married to his first wife. That's pretty common knowledge.

I wasn't talking about an affair, I was talking about rape allegations his first wife made against him that she later dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Elliott S wrote: »
    I wasn't talking about an affair, I was talking about rape allegations his first wife made against him that she later dropped.

My bad.

Yeah, I read that article and felt a lot of compassion for her. Whilst I'd never have done what she did, I remember being a naive young woman once.

When you strip away all the politics, she fooled around with a married man. In the scheme of things and putting it in perspective, not that big a deal. Not the most honourable behaviour on her part, but not something she deserves to have her life ruined over. But he wasn't honourable either. And he is unscathed. And Hilary should have publically condemned his behaviour strongly, in my view. But she didn't. The whole thing was undignified and unbecoming, in my view, up there with the most sordid of JFK's antics. (The things they could get away with back in the day!)

Having said all that, Hilary is still a much better candidate than Trump, in my view, and that just shows how bad Trump really is.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I think so as well, so I don't really condemn the latest Trump tape as strongly as others, disgusting as it was. The way Monica Lweinsky was treated by, well, everyone back then was a horrible, misogynistic landmark and that should not be forgotten.

So it would be wise of the Hilary campaign to not focus on this too much. And it might be why Hilary kept fairly quiet on the whole thing over the weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement