Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

This election is a complete joke now. America needs to take a long hard look at it's political "system".

I cant believe Trump's comments on women even if they are 10 years old. What an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭Christy42

The way I see it is she is a thoroughly bad person who has the practice, education, and cleverness to make herself look good, and he is a bad person who is too gauche, insular and unfamiliar with politics to make himself look good. It is a choice between dangerous and dreadful.

I would prefer that Trump wins because Clinton will foster more war in the world. She is warmongering and corrupt to the marrow, and no amount of mumsy platitudes can hide that. He will be..and is...an ignorant oaf, but I detect some humanity in him that may bode better regarding prospects for peace in the world.
    Trump is typical of so many wealthy macho idiots in his approach to women, as recently uncovered. These men can be deterred. Women have been shrugging off such guys since time immemorial. Bill Clinton on the other hand has actual form, breaching public ethics profoundly by seducing an intern. He has been enabled by his wife to abuse women - rape them, allegedly - and she has defended rapists in court. In terms of the misogynistic angle she does not have a leg to stand on. I have no respect for her brand of female empowerment and I say that as a woman.

It is likely that Trump will usher in chaos, but at least it will be transparent chaos, not like the insidious machinations the Clinton faction uses to foster a more acceptable, 'civilised' brand of chaos.

I like it. Bill must be guilty of rape but Trump is presumably innocent of all charges (remember he is the accused in the rape of a 13 year old). The women who have come out with allegations against him evidentally don't think women have managed to shrug off men like him all the time.

He has also made multiple statements that indicate he will not be going for world peace.

I am curious as to what humanity you see in the racist, sexist liar (all of which are facts about him that have been backed up repeatedly unlike damn near anything about Clinton). I reckon the above is a way of excusing support of such a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

The way I see it is she is a thoroughly bad person who has the practice, education, and cleverness to make herself look good, and he is a bad person who is too gauche, insular and unfamiliar with politics to make himself look good. It is a choice between dangerous and dreadful.

I would prefer that Trump wins because Clinton will foster more war in the world. She is warmongering and corrupt to the marrow, and no amount of mumsy platitudes can hide that. He will be..and is...an ignorant oaf, but I detect some humanity in him that may bode better regarding prospects for peace in the world.
    Trump is typical of so many wealthy macho idiots in his approach to women, as recently uncovered. These men can be deterred. Women have been shrugging off such guys since time immemorial. Bill Clinton on the other hand has actual form, breaching public ethics profoundly by seducing an intern. He has been enabled by his wife to abuse women - rape them, allegedly - and she has defended rapists in court. In terms of the misogynistic angle she does not have a leg to stand on. I have no respect for her brand of female empowerment and I say that as a woman.

It is likely that Trump will usher in chaos, but at least it will be transparent chaos, not like the insidious machinations the Clinton faction uses to foster a more acceptable, 'civilised' brand of chaos.

I truly marvel at the thought process that allows you reach such a bizarre conclusion.

Have you troubled to familiarise yourself with Clinton's record of academic achievement, political activism (as a Republican initially) and her law career? Do you know about her campaigns against gender bias in the legal profession? Or her efforts as a Board member of Wal Mart to increase female participation in their management? Do you know that she was voted Women of the Year and Mother of the Year in Arkansas because of her work to help parents with child literacy and school preparedness?

But you dismiss her as "thoroughly bad person" based on what exactly? Because she successfully defended a client in a law case?

Clinton grew up in the tough world of Chicago politics (as did Obama). That is a handy qualification for dealing with the fractious and partisan world of Washington and not bad prep for operating on the world stage either. Do I like everything about her/ - not at all, but then there is a lot about the USA to despise and having studied and lived there, I know what I am talking about.

By contrast to your harsh assessment of Clinton you prefer the thought of a narcissistic buffoon who is proud of his ignorance as president, even though you fully expect it will lead to chaos.

The mind truly boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Christy42 wrote: »
    I like it. Bill must be guilty of rape but Trump is presumably innocent of all charges (remember he is the accused in the rape of a 13 year old). The women who have come out with allegations against him evidentally don't think women have managed to shrug off men like him all the time.

He has also made multiple statements that indicate he will not be going for world peace.

I am curious as to what humanity you see in the racist, sexist liar (all of which are facts about him that have been backed up repeatedly unlike damn near anything about Clinton). I reckon the above is a way of excusing support of such a man.
    Wow, clearly an impartial person here! Firstly, the whole Monica Lewinsky situation is fcuked. Bill gets away scott free, makes millions of dollars and is seen as a decent president. Monica, meanwhile, has her whole life ruined. Sure, it takes two to tango, but the way Hillary and Bill made it out to be her fault and how she got vilified is awful and you can't claim that Hillary is any less vicious when it comes to women than Trump is. At least Trump didn't laugh in the face of a person who was an alleged victim of rape.

At least he made them! In fact, the best way to get world peace at the minute is to probably just not get involved in conflicts, like, at all. Hillary is definitely someone who, while claiming not to be, is a big believer in keeping the military overseas.

And if someone wants to support someone you don't like, so fcuking what? Why do you actually care? Neither of ye have a vote anyway. They are both absolutely awful candidates who will drag America down.

And another thing. People are claiming that this is the worse choice America has ever had to make. Who actually made it this way? Trump sure as hell didn't (Hillary or some in the DNC has had a hand in two different primaries being robbed from Bernie, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway, he lost both the delegates and popular votes), it was the American people. They have put themselves in this position. Neither are good for America but I'm hating this rheotric of acting like the Americans had absolutely no say in who was their candidates, they absolutely did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

Jesus, that was an all out bloodbath.

Trump won hugely with this one.

• Advertisement

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Wow, clearly an impartial person here! Firstly, the whole Monica Lewinsky situation is fcuked. Bill gets away scott free, makes millions of dollars and is seen as a decent president. Monica, meanwhile, has her whole life ruined. Sure, it takes two to tango, but the way Hillary and Bill made it out to be her fault and how she got vilified is awful and you can't claim that Hillary is any less vicious when it comes to women than Trump is. At least Trump didn't laugh in the face of a person who was an alleged victim of rape.

At least he made them! In fact, the best way to get world peace at the minute is to probably just not get involved in conflicts, like, at all. Hillary is definitely someone who, while claiming not to be, is a big believer in keeping the military overseas.

And if someone wants to support someone you don't like, so fcuking what? Why do you actually care? Neither of ye have a vote anyway. They are both absolutely awful candidates who will drag America down.

And another thing. People are claiming that this is the worse choice America has ever had to make. Who actually made it this way? Trump sure as hell didn't (Hillary or some in the DNC has had a hand in two different primaries being robbed from Bernie, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway, he lost both the delegates and popular votes), it was the American people. They have put themselves in this position. Neither are good for America but I'm hating this rheotric of acting like the Americans had absolutely no say in who was their candidates, they absolutely did.

I fail to see any rebuttal of Trump's alleged rape of a 13 year old in here.

Seriously Clinton has worked tirelessly to fight against gender bias meanwhile Trump sees them as objects to be abused for personal entertainment.

Clinton has done horrible things to some women. I don't or condone that but to put them on the same scale as Trump is laughable at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,450 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Trump did win the debate. Hillary should have won.

Didn't watch it - aas there actually a debate or did they just peronally abuse each other for two hours?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Christy42 wrote: »
    I fail to see any rebuttal of Trump's alleged rape of a 13 year old in here.

Seriously Clinton has worked tirelessly to fight against gender bias meanwhile Trump sees them as objects to be abused for personal entertainment.

Clinton has done horrible things to some women. I don't or condone that but to put them on the same scale as Trump is laughable at best.
    Why would I rebut that? By your point earlier on (about the alleged rapes Bill committed) there are issues on both sides so I don't have to rebut it. If you don't want to rebut Bill's crap, I don't have to rebut Trump's crap (again, all alleged, I don't agree with people vilifying Bill for something that is only alleged, the Monica thing is true though!)

Ah she has yeah. Harassing the women who accused her husband of rape, ruining the life of a woman her husband had a fling with, laughing in the face of someone in trial trying to prove she was raped. Brilliant. What a role model. I'm not even defending that Trump isn't sexist, I'm just pointing out the disgusting behavior of Hillary. Wait, so destroying women's reputations is way worse than making some sexist comments? Or cheating on a wife at the time? Where did you come up with that logic?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Jesus, that was an all out bloodbath.

Trump won hugely with this one.

He won BIGLY.

Get it right bud.

Didn't watch it - aas there actually a debate or did they just peronally abuse each other for two hours?

No Bill was busy doing all the abusing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,248 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Thought Trump won although that would not have been hard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Improvements by Trump from the first debate. Will be curious as to what emerges between now and the next debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Most commentators this morning giving it to Clinton, citing an uninspiring debate overall. Trump is agreed to have met the standard of "don't vomit on yourself or get into a fistfight", but apparently was still clearly outmatched by a Clinton who fell below the high standard set out for her.

The online polls can't be trusted, Trump supporters on reddit and 4chan are heavily sandbagging them. Though no doubt the same going on from Hilary supporters.
    RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Opportunity missed by Clinton.

She'll still win but could have buried him after his shocking few days.
    First Up wrote: »
    She was smart to stay out of the gutter.
    It's Clinton's to lose at this point, so she needed to play a smart debate, not a winning one. It's like a boxing match with 3 rounds. You've won round 1 and your opponent is angry. Put your guard up, get a few jabs in, but let your opponent do all the swinging and dance around them.

If you go on the offensive and start swinging arms, you risk exposing yourself and taking a serious beating. It's not pretty, but you come out of the round still ahead overall.

Save the big hits for the last round when your opponent is completely exasperated and all you have to do is land one or two biggies to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,180 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I haven't seen the debate yet but if that's the ridiculous logic Hillary fans are using, she must have had an awful time at it.

"She was smart to lose the debate."

I am not a Hilary fan, she won the debate hands down.

She wiped the floor with him, he was absolutely brutal barring one question.

She is sticking to Michelle Obama's, when they go low we go high mantra in terms of not destroying him with more personal remarks and insults, which seems to be the gauge in which a lot of you measure who won a debate, strangely.

He got destroyed, turn off FOX. Oh and he didn't get destroyed by Hilary, he yet again destroyed himself. All she is doing in the debates is letting him hang himself, she is a poor candidate, he is just much, much worse.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

You're going to be seeing that clip floating around for a long time yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,793 ✭✭✭✭Penn

seamus wrote: »
    It's Clinton's to lose at this point, so she needed to play a smart debate, not a winning one. It's like a boxing match with 3 rounds. You've won round 1 and your opponent is angry. Put your guard up, get a few jabs in, but let your opponent do all the swinging and dance around them.

If you go on the offensive and start swinging arms, you risk exposing yourself and taking a serious beating. It's not pretty, but you come out of the round still ahead overall.

Save the big hits for the last round when your opponent is completely exasperated and all you have to do is land one or two biggies to win it.

Completely agree. Hillary didn't need to have the best comebacks or potshots. She needed to highlight the clear distinction between the two; she's calm, collected, speaks well and presents herself in a manner befitting a President, while Trump is a babbling "entertainer" with no real answers who tries to drag others down to his level rather than show why he's better.

All Clinton has to do is not f*ck up like Trump has been doing, and she'll walk it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

laughing in the face of someone in trial trying to prove she was raped.

Where are you getting that from? Are you talking about this?
    Trump continued: "Hillary Clinton attacked those same women and attacked them viciously. Four of them here tonight. One of the women, who is a wonderful woman, at 12 years old, was raped at 12. Her client she represented got him off, and she's seen laughing on two separate occasions, laughing at the girl who was raped. Kathy Shelton, that young woman is here with us tonight."

Trump must have magical eyes because it's an audio-tape so how he saw her laugh is quite astonishing. She laughs at some of the peculiarities of the case that she recalls, a case that she was assigned to because the defendant wanted a woman representing her. She's not laughing at the victim of the crime.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/oct/10/donald-trump/trump-says-clinton-laughed-about-rape-case/

Snopes investigation of the claim:

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-freed-child-rapist-laughed-about-it/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I am not a Hilary fan, she won the debate hands down.

She wiped the floor with him, he was absolutely brutal barring one question.

She is sticking to Michelle Obama's, when they go low we go high mantra in terms of not destroying him with more personal remarks and insults, which seems to be the gauge in which a lot of you measure who won a debate, strangely.

He got destroyed, turn off FOX. Oh and he didn't get destroyed by Hilary, he yet again destroyed himself. All she is doing in the debates is letting him hang himself, she is a poor candidate, he is just much, much worse.

South Park summed it up best "why her, why is it her I have to run against, anyone else but her"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,180 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Every now and then they get it spot on alright.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

She is no doubt about that.

Which humanity is this? The humanity of massacring peoples families who are suspected bad guys or the humanity of waterboarding or torturing people as long as they give you some information or the humanity of invading other peoples countries and stealing their natural resources?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭buried

The amount of spin talking gibberish bull$hit from the two of them was beyond belief. It was like the dialogue from a demented cartoon about a infant animal circus, no discussion of actual issues just a pure slanging match about personality. But the American audience seems to buy it, that seems to be the way to campaign in the USA, so from what I can see fom it is that Trump will probably win the thing. Watching this gibberish made me thank the christ I live in the remote countryside of Ireland. Going back to ignoring this cartoon nonsense

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Which humanity is this? The humanity of massacring peoples families who are suspected bad guys or the humanity of waterboarding or torturing people as long as they give you some information or the humanity of invading other peoples countries and stealing their natural resources?

When the Donald do all that?

Why would I rebut that? By your point earlier on (about the alleged rapes Bill committed) there are issues on both sides so I don't have to rebut it. If you don't want to rebut Bill's crap, I don't have to rebut Trump's crap (again, all alleged, I don't agree with people vilifying Bill for something that is only alleged, the Monica thing is true though!)

Ah she has yeah. Harassing the women who accused her husband of rape, ruining the life of a woman her husband had a fling with, laughing in the face of someone in trial trying to prove she was raped. Brilliant. What a role model. I'm not even defending that Trump isn't sexist, I'm just pointing out the disgusting behavior of Hillary. Wait, so destroying women's reputations is way worse than making some sexist comments? Or cheating on a wife at the time? Where did you come up with that logic?

I agreed about Hillary's disgusting behaviour. Trump is worse. I have yet to see proof of laughing at the child though and it was her job to defend the defendant.

I am arguing that they are on a different scale. Trump is going to face charges of child rape ffs. Also he has sexual assaulted women. He admitted as much in the tape. So has Bill (though as you say unproven) but defending an abuser is horrible but not as bad as the abuser themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i think under the severe pressure he was under....Trump did alright, i hate to say it but i was kinda impressed by his performance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭brevity

It's beyond depressing that these are the two that are in the running for President of the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

lawlolawl wrote: »
    He said he'd do it if he became president. All verifiable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

lawlolawl wrote: »

Luckily he's never had the chance to.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

What network created this dreadful soap opera? Probably Fox or some crap like that! Oh I'm sure it'll make its way to sky Atlantic though. Sure they'd show any ould crap on that

brevity wrote: »
    It's beyond depressing that these are the two that are in the running for President of the USA.

I think it's great.

Imagine Jeb Bush vs Clinton ?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

brevity wrote: »

Yawn.

It's a filthy system that's been made worse this year by Trump. Personal attacks have taken a new low.

Nothing positive, no arguments being put forward, just slinging **** from his cesspit. A horrible candidate and an example of everything that is wrong with the human race.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement