Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,180 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

fryup wrote: »
    i think under the severe pressure he was under....Trump did alright, i hate to say it but i was kinda impressed by his performance

The act of lowering the expectation bar so low for yourself that even that is seen as a decent performance in some sections is somewhat impressive I suppose.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The donald kicked ass last night

• Registered Users Posts: 14,180 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

ebbsy wrote: »
    I think it's great.

Imagine Jeb Bush vs Clinton ?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yeah, but you see, its not actually supposed to entertain you.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Element of surprise, ISIS are bricking it. :p

So that's his plan.
    Get ISIS to build the wall. :o
    The way I see it is she is a thoroughly bad person who has the practice, education, and cleverness to make herself look good, and he is a bad person who is too gauche, insular and unfamiliar with politics to make himself look good. It is a choice between dangerous and dreadful.

I would prefer that Trump wins because Clinton will foster more war in the world. She is warmongering and corrupt to the marrow, and no amount of mumsy platitudes can hide that. He will be..and is...an ignorant oaf, but I detect some humanity in him that may bode better regarding prospects for peace in the world.
    Trump is typical of so many wealthy macho idiots in his approach to women, as recently uncovered. These men can be deterred. Women have been shrugging off such guys since time immemorial. Bill Clinton on the other hand has actual form, breaching public ethics profoundly by seducing an intern. He has been enabled by his wife to abuse women - rape them, allegedly - and she has defended rapists in court. In terms of the misogynistic angle she does not have a leg to stand on. I have no respect for her brand of female empowerment and I say that as a woman.

It is likely that Trump will usher in chaos, but at least it will be transparent chaos, not like the insidious machinations the Clinton faction uses to foster a more acceptable, 'civilised' brand of chaos.

Ehhh there was a lad on from Michigan.
    He wants to know if you are coming over this weekend.
    They even have new targets of Hillary for you to fire at. :rolleyes:
    seamus wrote: »
    It's Clinton's to lose at this point, so she needed to play a smart debate, not a winning one. It's like a boxing match with 3 rounds. You've won round 1 and your opponent is angry. Put your guard up, get a few jabs in, but let your opponent do all the swinging and dance around them.

If you go on the offensive and start swinging arms, you risk exposing yourself and taking a serious beating. It's not pretty, but you come out of the round still ahead overall.

Save the big hits for the last round when your opponent is completely exasperated and all you have to do is land one or two biggies to win it.

You forgot to mention that during the break between round 1 and 2 he decided to start pis*ing on the female members of the audience. :o

Actually Trump last night did another no no and it has to be another 1st in his long line of firsts.
    He announced that if made president he would launch a witch hunt of Hilary with a special prosecutor.
    Talk about threatening a political opponent.
    Hell no wonder he likes Putin.

If anyone actually got to watch Kevin McGahern's America program on RTE2, they would actually see how deluded some of the trump supporters are and it also contains a very telling interview with a young guy working in a gun shop which disproves the notion that all involved with guns in the US are paranoid eejits.
    Oh and his summation of the US two party political system that has given two of the worst candidates ever was pretty correct as well.
    That guy gave me hope that all isn't lost.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

brevity wrote: »
    It's beyond depressing that these are the two that are in the running for President of the USA.
    It's especially depressing after Obama.

Like or loath his policies, the man has been a class act throughout his time in office. The very definition of Presidential - dignified, intelligent, confident and statesmanlike.

The best attempt at a scandal against Obama was a pathetic failure to make an issue out of his nationality. Nothing else has come up against him.

Hilary and Trump have racked up more scandals each than most other Presidents put together. And neither of them have even been elected yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

ricero wrote: »
    The donald kicked ass last night

Unfortunately it was Mike Pence's ass.

I'm actually worried about Pence, it looks like he's suffering from some slow killer disease in this picture. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c9/Mike_Pence,_official_portrait,_112th_Congress.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

It's especially depressing after Obama.

Like or loath his policies, the man has been a class act throughout his time in office. The very definition of Presidential - dignified, intelligent, confident and statesmanlike.

The best attempt at a scandal against Obama was a pathetic failure to make an issue out of his nationality. Nothing else has come up against him.

Hilary and Trump have racked up more scandals each than most other Presidents put together. And neither of them have even been elected yet.

100%. You don't know what you got 'til its gone...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I haven't watched it all yet - just a few clips and the opening 15 minutes - but like him or loathe him, I think Trump is doing as well as he has because the ordinary citizens (ie: non-insiders) have had enough of being told the same old lies and spin by "respectable", "established" political types while their own circumstances get gradually worse or at best stagnate, that they figure ANY sort of change to that process is welcome.

We've seen the same in Europe in recent times with the rise of more extreme left/right parties in elections, and even at home with the make-up of the current Dail.

The current system doesn't work for most people and they're gradually starting to realise that. But someone like Hilary Clinton telling you that when she, her husband and supporters have done very well from it just doesn't wash.... and that's why Trump is still in the running. Because for all his many faults, he's NOT an "insider" and he's quite ably showing just how false their position is whenever Hilary responds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Side Gate

Obama has been a disaster as president. The nation he rules over is more polarised than ever. A complete failure. He talks a smooth game alright i'll give him that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Didn't he add trillions to the national debt?

Why do you think that happened?

Side Gate wrote: »
    The nation he rules over is more polarised than ever.

Trumps muslim ban and Mexican wall will really start the healing and unite everyone right?

It's very telling that all the Obama bashers and Trump fans are only capable of talking in generalities. Very Trump like.

"We have tremendous problems folks."

"A lot of people are telling me that..."

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭CdeC

This whole debacle for me represents the final nail in the coffin for western politics.

I thought society was crumbling as the media gave us talk shows, Jerry Springer, reality television etc but now this sh*t has permeated into the very top and the American presidential election.
    Donald trump is an embarrassment. I mean I never was a big fan of the gun toting, pro life, religious zealousness of the Republican party but he takes it to a whole new level.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭brevity

Obama has been a disaster as president. The nation he rules over is more polarised than ever. A complete failure. He talks a smooth game alright i'll give him that.

He hasn't been a disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

75% of US casualties in Afghanistan occurred under Obama. Civilian causalities in Iraq are higher under Obama than Bush.

More illegal immigrants that ever were sent home under Obama's rule. Civil unrest in American cities has flared up numerous times under his rul. He is not the saint that he is made out to be.

"Yet another act of terror in Jerusalem—a grave reminder of the dangers facing our most cherished ally. Our prayers are with Israel." @mike_pence

I'm guessing the Palestinians are going to have a very hard time of it under a Trump fascist dictatorship presidency.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I haven't watched it all yet - just a few clips and the opening 15 minutes - but like him or loathe him, I think Trump is doing as well as he has because the ordinary citizens (ie: non-insiders) have had enough of being told the same old lies and spin by "respectable", "established" political types while their own circumstances get gradually worse or at best stagnate, that they figure ANY sort of change to that process is welcome...

I think the general fear is, Trump is liable to fuck things up even worse. Better the Devil you know and all that craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

She has a great TEDtalk as well on this.
    Impressive woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Just watching this debate on BBC News. Trump is slaughtering Clinton. This is embarrassing.

• Advertisement

"Yet another act of terror in Jerusalem—a grave reminder of the dangers facing our most cherished ally. Our prayers are with Israel." @mike_pence

I'm guessing the Palestinians are going to have a very hard time of it under a Trump fascist dictatorship presidency.

Yes because they have had such a great time under Obama :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Side Gate

Trump is a complete joke but Hillary isnt much better. A lot of voters will be weighing up who is more dangerous for America's and the worlds future and i think with Hillary's track record it's touch and go who'll get in. I'd trust Trump more to negotiate with Putin than Clinton who's comments and stance on Russia are very worrying indeed.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Just watching this debate on BBC News. Trump is slaughtering Clinton. This is embarrassing.

He moved on her very heavily. Big league.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Trump is a complete joke but Hillary isnt much better. A lot of voters will be weighing up who is more dangerous for America's and the worlds future and i think with Hillary's track record it's touch and go who'll get in. I'd trust Trump more to party with Putin than Clinton who's comments and stance on Russia are very worrying indeed.

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Trump is a complete joke but Hillary isnt much better. A lot of voters will be weighing up who is more dangerous for America's and the worlds future and i think with Hillary's track record it's touch and go who'll get in. I'd trust Trump more to negotiate with Putin than Clinton who's comments and stance on Russia are very worrying indeed.
    A guy you can bait with a tweet who will concentrate on that to the exclusion of all else?

Putin's already playing him like a fiddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'd trust Trump more to negotiate with Putin than Clinton who's comments and stance on Russia are very worrying indeed.
    Negotiate?

Putin is already pushing heavily for a Trump win (including rumours of the Russians having hacked the DNC emails) - Trump is an idiot that Putin can easily control and manipulate.

The very thing that Putin needs to finish re-establishing his planned USSR Mk II is a gombeen US president who will support him and trust him.

Enter Trump.

Negotiate?

Putin is already pushing heavily for a Trump win (including rumours of the Russians having hacked the DNC emails) - Trump is an idiot that Putin can easily control and manipulate.

The very thing that Putin needs to finish re-establishing his planned USSR Mk II is a gombeen US president who will support him and trust him.

Enter Trump.

Trump is no idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

A guy you can bait with a tweet who will concentrate on that to the exclusion of all else?

Putin's already playing him like a fiddle.

Exactly he has the attention span of a fly. Do you really want someone with their finger on the red button who will get distracted beyond all reason if someone insults the size of his hands? How useful is someone like that in international negotiations? He can't bully his way through them like he did the majority of his business deals plus the people he would be dealing with are far smarter and capable than he's used to and after watching him for the last 2 years will know the exact buttons to push to set him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Trump is no idiot.

He does have the best words

• Advertisement

Trump is no idiot.

He's super smart, he went to the Wharton School, that's one of the best schools, just so you know folks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement