Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Trump is right, she had the election rigged against Bernie Sanders. Bernie never stood a chance, good work by Wikileaks to expose this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Side Gate wrote: »
    Obama has been a disaster as president. The nation he rules over is more polarised than ever. A complete failure. He talks a smooth game alright i'll give him that.

He allowed ISIS to destroy ancient monuments, that is enough to know he is an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Bill Clinton on the other hand has actual form, breaching public ethics profoundly by seducing an intern. He has been enabled by his wife to abuse women - rape them, allegedly - and she has defended rapists in court.

If you wanna mention rape allegations.....

Federal Judge Ronnie Abrams has ordered a December status conference hearing after a woman, who calls herself “Jane Doe,” filed a lawsuit claiming that Trump raped her when she was 13 years old in the 1990s. This is the third attempt the plaintiff has made in filing this particular lawsuit. Last Friday, she filed an amended complaint, with a new “witness” named “Joan Doe.” The plaintiff and witnesses in the case are using pseudonyms, they say, to protect their identities.

“In the 1994-95 school year, I was told by the plaintiff in Jane Doe v. Trump and Epstein (1:16-cv-04642, SDNY) that the plaintiff was subject to sexual contact by the Defendants at parties in New York City during the summer of 1994,” one of the witnesses said in a declaration.

The complaint alleges billionaire convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein had a woman pickup teenage girls for his famous parties. One of these girls was “Jane.” Another witness, “Tiffany,” who also provided an affidavit in the lawsuit, said she witnessed Trump and Epstein rape the plaintiff several times. Trump has repeatedly denied the allegations.

“As I have said before, the allegations are categorically untrue and an obvious publicity stunt aimed at smearing my client,” Alan Garten, Trump’s attorney, told LawNewz.com last week, “In the event we are actually served this time, we intend to move for sanctions for this frivolous filing.”

Judge Abrams (who also happens to be the sister of LawNewz.com founder Dan Abrams) has called for a status conference hearing on December 16, 2016 at 11:30 am at the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. She’s asked for both sides to provide information that could assist the Court in advancing the case to settlement or trial.

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/federal-judge-orders-hearing-in-donald-trump-rape-lawsuit-case/

Of course it suits Clinton and the Dems to try and keep this out of the news and not throw it at him in any debate - coz they're afraid he'd have to quit and she's end up facing someone who might actually beat her. Otherwise she'd have thrown this at him last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

He's super smart, he went to the Wharton School, that's one of the best schools, just so you know folks.

And they are so proud of having had him they have been praising him.
    Oh wait they haven't issued one statement on him.

Given the fact his old man had given him a couple of million, and yes this was 1966, he could have gotten into any college in the country.

Just remember that other presidential genius George W Bush had a degree from another prestigious college, Yale, before he attended Harvard business school.
    But least Bush seemed to have some involvement in college even if it was cheerleading.
    Trump's time at Wharton doesn't register anywhere.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

jmayo wrote: »
    Given the fact his old man had given him a couple of million, and yes this was 1966, he could have gotten into any college in the country.

And in 1966 if you didnt go to college the alternative was being drafted and going to vietnam. Not a hard choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

He allowed ISIS to destroy ancient monuments, that is enough to know he is an idiot.

How should he have stopped them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

First Up wrote: »
    How should he have stopped them?

Punch them in the mouth?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Laois_Man wrote: »
    If you wanna mention rape allegations.....

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/federal-judge-orders-hearing-in-donald-trump-rape-lawsuit-case/

Of course it suits Clinton and the Dems to try and keep this out of the news and not throw it at him in any debate - coz they're afraid he'd have to quit and she's end up facing someone who might actually beat her. Otherwise she'd have thrown this at him last night.

now theres the awful truth facing the GOP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

seamus wrote: »
    Like or loath his policies, the man has been a class act throughout his time in office. The very definition of Presidential - dignified, intelligent, confident and statesmanlike.

So he's articulate, suave and a good actor.. at the end of the day that's all superficial and meaningless when you're shown to be dishonest and ineffective.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So he's articulate, suave and a good actor.. at the end of the day that's all superficial and meaningless when you're shown to be dishonest and ineffective.

Does anybody else here not even bother to look at anything that includes the phrase "Wake Up Sheeple!" ?

• Advertisement

So he's articulate, suave and a good actor.. at the end of the day that's all superficial and mean

if fact the presidency has a few professional " actors " in there as well , which shows you the central theme of US presidents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

The two worst things about Trump last night - his stalking Hilary around the stage and his absolute need to get the last word in. Whenever she stopped whatever she was saying, he'd make some quick comment at the end. This is just a big game to him, I don't think he has actually thought past the election build-up phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I love how Trump supporters can never promote the positive aspects of their candidate, because he has literally no redeeming features whatsoever, as a candidate or as a human being. He's just a really slimy scumbag. So they only way anyone can promote Trump is not by argueing that Trump is great, but by slinging mud and trying to say that everyone else is worse. It makes for very depressing reading.

Elliott S wrote: »
    The two worst things about Trump last night - his stalking Hilary around the stage and his absolute need to get the last word in. Whenever she stopped whatever she was saying, he'd make some quick comment at the end. This is just a big game to him, I don't think he has actually thought past the election build-up phase.

of course , its been obvious from the start he doesnt care about politics or ideology , he has none, this is a episode of reality TV with him as the potential star.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Does anybody else here not even bother to look at anything that includes the phrase "Wake Up Sheeple!" ?

That's such a sheeple thing to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

Honestly, I don’t know how anyone can rationally and effectively respond in a debate setting to an opponent who’s just continually making things up.

The New York Times has published some good fact-checking on last night’s debate.
    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/10/09/us/elections/fact-check-debate.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=span-abc-region&region=span-abc-region&WT.nav=span-abc-region

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

It amazing that people are blaming Obama on the polarization in the US. Its not his fault that white supremacists lost there minds, when a black man won the Presidency. Lets not forget that Donald Trump encouraged this racism, with his consistent racist Birther lies. Donald Trump went out of his way to encourage such polarization along racial lines, and he is completely unapologetic about it as well.

The man is as I have said before, a racist, misogynist, bully, as are a lot of his supporters. He is a threat to democracy, with his encouragement of what amount to voter intimidation, when he ask his supporters to "deputize themselves" as election monitors. The entire notion that a US election could be rigged is an astonishing lie, and very clearly a man hedging his bets in case he loses, and a defacto incitement to violence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

Side Gate wrote: »
    Obama has been a disaster as president.

Trump, is that you? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I just tend to avoid people who use the phrase. It's a handy way to identify idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

I want to see trump as President for craic too. He'd be hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,788 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Letree wrote: »
    I want to see trump as President for craic too. He'd be hilarious.

See, I think it'll be funnier when he loses. His concession speech alone will be a 70 year old man having a temper tantrum not even Supernanny could stop.

Well, not unless he grabbed her by the pussy of course...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

MadYaker wrote: »
    I love how Trump supporters can never promote the positive aspects of their candidate, because he has literally no redeeming features whatsoever, as a candidate or as a human being. He's just a really slimy scumbag. So they only way anyone can promote Trump is not by argueing that Trump is great, but by slinging mud and trying to say that everyone else is worse. It makes for very depressing reading.

Oh, they do promote his "positive aspects"...in their opinion, which includes "being alpha" by grabbing women by the crotch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Oh, they do promote his "positive aspects"...in their opinion, which includes "being alpha" by grabbing women by the crotch.

Also, he's saying what they're thinking!

Which is a string of confused non-sequiturs full of impotent rage that don't even make sense when you're drunk.

One of Trump's spokepeople now trying to claim Trump's "You'd be in jail" was a "quip" and not serious.

Donald Trump is to comedy what Donald Trump is to politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,180 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Sheeple is a noun.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

The tapes were a big blow alright. Lost him a lot of support with women and girly men (because I would never talk or think about a woman in a sexually explicit way because I am clean and perfect dont you know), but the re-framing in relation to Isis/the bad thing that Billy did, plus the apology means that this probably isn't going to be the killshot.

Bad mistake among many by Clinton: sitting down all the time while Trump made his way up and down the stage.

Especially when you're the candidate trying to convince people you don't have health problems?!?

The third debate will be the nastiest one imo.

Bad mistake among many by Clinton: sitting down all the time while Trump made his way up and down the stage.

That's generally the way it works. One speaks, the other sits. I remember reading about one former president (edit: apologies, it was Mitt Romney. He practiced on a bar stool because, having rarely been in bars as a Mormon, wanted to practice sitting on that type of seat) who got a replica of the seats a few days in advance to practice sitting correctly on it.

Better sitting than being like Trump and wandering aimlessly in the background like a lunatic.

https://twitter.com/HuffingtonPost/status/785353895291813888

• Registered Users Posts: 14,180 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

So we can add girly men to the list of people Trump has managed to alienate then? Along with the majority of the black vote, the latino vote, the female vote, has he upset the orientals yet? Asians in general I am sure he has said some derogatory stuff, obviously the Muslims will have a tough time trying to convince themselves to vote for him.......now that he has lost the girly men too I think his goose may be cooked.

He will need to get a hell of a lot of rednecks out to vote, and registered in the first place.

More of the black community, the latino's etc are going to vote in this election too you can be almost certain to do everything to ensure nothing goes wrong and that man does not get into office.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

Penn wrote: »
    That's generally the way it works. One speaks, the other sits. I remember reading about one former president (edit: apologies, it was Mitt Romney. He practiced on a bar stool because, having rarely been in bars as a Mormon, wanted to practice sitting on that type of seat) who got a replica of the seats a few days in advance to practice sitting correctly on it.

Better sitting than being like Trump and wandering aimlessly in the background like a lunatic.

https://twitter.com/HuffingtonPost/status/785353895291813888

When you have undecided voters who think that Hillary's health is a massive concern, the last thing you want to do is spend the debate slumped on the chair, while your opponent spends most of the time walking around, making you look even unhealthier (or playing into that bias people have of Hillary) in the process.

You're right, it's supposed to work like that, but this whole election has been for both sides, showing that all these rules have to be torn up if you want to win at this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

The tapes were a big blow alright. Lost him a lot of support with women and girly men (because I would never talk or think about a woman in a sexually explicit way because I am clean and perfect dont you know), but the re-framing in relation to Isis/the bad thing that Billy did, plus the apology means that this probably isn't going to be the killshot.

That's a nice false dichotomy. You either advocate the sexual assault of women or are a girly man. I can tell you which I'd rather be.
    You are well aware that she stood and sat at different times, which is normal behaviour. He sniffling and wandered around the stage inserting himself into every frame to the point of comedy. I expect it to live on longer than his campaign as a meme akin to Confused Travolta.

Trump supporters have been banking on her inability to make it through the debates because they all think she's being Weekend at Bernie's-ed, so they're throwing out a prepared statement that she looked unwell when she fails to live down to their expectations by looking composed

Also, the phrase "Bad mistake among many by Clinton" sounds like the type of tortured syntax that you get from Trump himself, I really hope he isn't having an effect on everyday language.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement