Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,788 ✭✭✭✭Penn

When you have undecided voters who think that Hillary's health is a massive concern, the last thing you want to do is spend the debate slumped on the chair, while your opponent spends most of the time walking around, making you look even unhealthier (or playing into that bias people have of Hillary) in the process.

You're right, it's supposed to work like that, but this whole election has been for both sides, showing that all these rules have to be torn up if you want to win at this.

I disagree. Hillary spent the last debate stood at a podium. Much of what these debates center around is looking and sounding Presidential. Trump didn't look Presidential wandering aimlessly in the background, nor when he was borderline humping his chair

https://twitter.com/LaurenWern/status/785420978897715200

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Lost him a lot of support with women and girly men (because I would never talk or think about a woman in a sexually explicit way because I am clean and perfect dont you know),

A lot of misogyny in that sentence. BTW, talking about sexually assaulting a Woman isn't being sexual explicit, its profoundly troubling behavior, for anyone who isn't a full on misogynist.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Penn wrote: »
    One of Trump's spokepeople now trying to claim Trump's "You'd be in jail" was a "quip" and not serious.

Donald Trump is to comedy what Donald Trump is to politics.

You'd want to be thick-skinned to be one of his spokespersons..

Trump - "Obama founded Isis"

They go on TV and support this wild assertion

Trump then says - "I was kidding"

They then go on TV and slate the media for not picking up on sarcasm

Trump then says - "Actually, I was being serious"

They let out a collective sigh and go back on TV to be slaughtered...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Elliott S wrote: »
    I wasn't talking about an affair, I was talking about rape allegations his first wife made against him that she later dropped.

She dropped the rape allegations as part of the divorce settlement AFAIK.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

wes wrote: »
    A lot of misogyny in that sentence. BTW, talking about sexually assaulting a Woman isn't being sexual explicit, its profoundly troubling behavior, for anyone who isn't a full on misogynist.

So you've never talked about a woman in a crude, explicit manner? Just like women have never talked about men in a crude, explicit manner?

I wish I could be like Saint Wes over here.

That's what I mean by girly men and why this is was such a blow to Trump. Holier than thou types who like to virtue signal. It's irrational, but its the kind of thing that buries elections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

There you again. There's a difference between talking explicitly and saying that you sexually assault people.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So you've never talked about a woman in a crude, explicit manner? Just like women have never talked about men in a crude, explicit manner?

That's what I mean by girly men and why this is was such a blow to Trump. Holier than thou types who like to virtue signal. It's irrational, but its the kind of thing that buries elections.

I can honestly say that i have never considered grabbing a woman by the pussy to be an appropriate way to make a pass at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

I can honestly say that i have never considered grabbing a woman by the pussy to be an appropriate way to make a pass at them.

It seems some people on here have very strange pick up methods.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I have never gloated about sexual assault of anyone (this is what Trump was saying, he was not being crude or explicit, but gloating about how he can get away with sexual assault), or have I heard anyone I know do so.

Its hardly being a saint, to not gloat about sexually assaulting Women. That is just common decency.

You can't help yourself with the misogynist statements. Really "girly men"? Sounds like something a 5 year old would say.

Again, gloating about getting away with sexual assault is pretty messed up. Its not being holier than thou at all. Its pretty standard to not gloat about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Not every man does and even if they do they're not running for President of the US.

Trump wasn't just crude in his language, he talked about forcing himself on a woman. Grabbing her vagina and because he's famous she has to put up with that. Kissing her against her will because "when you're a star they let you do that."

That's sexual assault he's bragging about. Do you understand that?

• Advertisement

There you again. There's a difference between talking explicitly and saying that you sexually assault people.

The quote had nothing to do with saying you sexually assault people.

What he meant with the context of that quote = "When someone is as rich as powerful and attractive as me, I could go up to a woman, grab her by the pussy and she'll be into/attracted to me. That's how crazy it is being rich powerful and attractive". He doesn't say anywhere that he sexually assaulted a woman. If he did, like anyone here, he should be punished for that.

Go back and read the full quote.

If I misunderstood that, then fine I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,578 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

What he meant with the context of that quote = "When someone is as rich as powerful and attractive as me, I could go up to a woman, grab her by the pussy and she'll be into/attracted to me. That's how crazy it is being rich powerful and attractive". He doesn't say anywhere that he sexually assaulted a woman. If he did, like anyone here, he should be punished for that.

Trump?

Attractive??

LMAO :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

So we can add girly men to the list of people Trump has managed to alienate then? Along with the majority of the black vote, the latino vote, the female vote, has he upset the orientals yet? Asians in general I am sure he has said some derogatory stuff, obviously the Muslims will have a tough time trying to convince themselves to vote for him.......now that he has lost the girly men too I think his goose may be cooked.

He will need to get a hell of a lot of rednecks out to vote, and registered in the first place.

More of the black community, the latino's etc are going to vote in this election too you can be almost certain to do everything to ensure nothing goes wrong and that man does not get into office.

The metrosexuals are a vital voting bloc in American politics. You ever seen Obama look anything but well groomed?
    When you have undecided voters who think that Hillary's health is a massive concern, the last thing you want to do is spend the debate slumped on the chair, while your opponent spends most of the time walking around, making you look even unhealthier (or playing into that bias people have of Hillary) in the process.

You're right, it's supposed to work like that, but this whole election has been for both sides, showing that all these rules have to be torn up if you want to win at this.

I think you're reading too much into the fact that Hillary sat like a normal person while Trump rambled around the stage like some sort of oversized demented oompa loompa.

I like the straight talking, saying-what-we're-all-thinking man of the people constantly needs interpreters.

He said that he kisses and grabs women's genitals without permission. That is the very definition of sexual assault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

'Trump. No, no, Nancy. This was— And I moved on her very heavily in fact. I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture. I said I’ll show you where they have some nice furniture. I took her out furniture. I moved on her like a bitch, but I couldn’t get there, and she was married.

Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big, phony tits and everything. She’s totally changed her look.

[The men spot Arianne Zucker waiting for them outside the bus]

Bush: Sheesh, your girl’s hot as ****. In the purple.

Trump: Whoa! Yes! Whoa!

Unknown: Yes! The Donald has scored. Whoa, my man!

Trump: Look at you. You are a pussy.

[crosstalk as the bus doors open and close - Trump is still on the bus]

Trump: Maybe it’s a different one.

Bush: It better not be the publicist. No, it’s her. It’s —

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful - I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait.

And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab them by the p****. You can do anything."

They talked about a named women and he said "Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful - I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait."

Followed by

"And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything.

That is not locker talk that is a criminal confession.

Bazzo wrote: »
    The metrosexuals are a vital voting bloc in American politics. You ever seen Obama look anything but well groomed?

To be fair to the donald he does wear very expensive suits. Unfortunately he makes them look cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

What he meant was they don't dare slap you across your ugly gob, because they know you can ruin their careers.
    Surely not even Trump can be so deluded as to think he's attractive?

To be fair to the donald he does wear very expensive suits. Unfortunately he makes them look cheap.
    You think that's bad, his haircuts probably cost thousands of dollars.

Does anybody else here not even bother to look at anything that includes the phrase "Wake Up Sheeple!" ?

Millions of Americans are very grateful that there is Obamacare, otherwise they'd be dead or suffering because they couldn't afford basic health care. There are plenty of problems with it but it is a start.

Trump would let private insurers sort it out. So if you've a disability, long term illness or pre-existing condition they'll price millions out of coverage. People are paying 20 or 30 grand a year to private insurers for health care. When people have mortgages and families or low incomes, they just can't afford it.

Private health care is great at certain things, but you can't let a market dictate a country's health insurance system. That's just stupidity.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

So he's articulate, suave and a good actor.. at the end of the day that's all superficial and meaningless when you're shown to be dishonest and ineffective.

Well, Trump would be dishonest AND inarticulate. (He told far more lies than Clinton at last night's debate)

Also, sheeple. Lollers.

K-9 wrote: »
    Millions of Americans are very grateful that there is Obamacare, otherwise they'd be dead or suffering because they couldn't afford basic health care. There are plenty of problems with it but it is a start.

Trump would let private insurers sort it out. So if you've a disability, long term illness or pre-existing condition they'll price millions out of coverage. People are paying 20 or 30 grand a year to private insurers for health care. When people have mortgages and families or low incomes, they just can't afford it.

Private health care is great at certain things, but you can't let a market dictate a country's health insurance system. That's just stupidity.

not sure why you quoted me on that ??

'Trump. No, no, Nancy. This was— And I moved on her very heavily in fact. I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture. I said I’ll show you where they have some nice furniture. I took her out furniture. I moved on her like a bitch, but I couldn’t get there, and she was married.

Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big, phony tits and everything. She’s totally changed her look.

[The men spot Arianne Zucker waiting for them outside the bus]

Bush: Sheesh, your girl’s hot as ****. In the purple.

Trump: Whoa! Yes! Whoa!

Unknown: Yes! The Donald has scored. Whoa, my man!

Trump: Look at you. You are a pussy.

[crosstalk as the bus doors open and close - Trump is still on the bus]

Trump: Maybe it’s a different one.

Bush: It better not be the publicist. No, it’s her. It’s —

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful - I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait.

And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything.

They talked about a named women and he said "Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful - I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait."

Followed by

"And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything.

That is not locker talk that is a criminal confession.

They let you do it. Consent ain't sexual assault.

Yeah, I'm sure Trump asks them if he can grab there pussy first!

The problem is he feels he can act in this way with women as they are like possessions to him. Some women will have no problem with it, others will be too scared to say anything (one woman in particular has said he pinned her down a couple of times) and others will tell him where to go.

BoatMad wrote: »
    of course , its been obvious from the start he doesnt care about politics or ideology , he has none, this is a episode of reality TV with him as the potential star.

Abso-bally-lutely.

He also clearly see it as an alpha male thing, which will make it so sweet if Clinton wins. :pac:

Academic wrote: »
    Honestly, I don’t know how anyone can rationally and effectively respond in a debate setting to an opponent who’s just continually making things up.

The worrying thing is that some voters will believe everything he said and never bother to check if any of it is true. So it will seem to them like he won the debate. Depressing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Clinton won the debate last night though the format of the debate didn't do either one any favours. Clinton wasn't very inspiring or personable but to be fair, she spent most of the time defending herself (from Trump's accusations) than talking about policies.

From the very first question, Trump was off his rocker
    The last presidential debate could’ve been rated as MA—mature audiences—per TV parental guidelines. Knowing that educators are tying the presidential debates to student homework, do you feel you are modeling appropriate and positive behavior for today’s youth?
    He answered this question by talking about how he will attack ISIS. The man cannot answer a simple question and he cannot give a simple answer. He's too caught up in his own rhetoric.

One brilliant piece that really showed the difference between the two candidates was the question on Obamacare.
    The Affordable Care Act, known as Obamacare. It is not affordable. Premiums have gone up. Deductibles have gone up. Co-pays have gone up. Prescriptions have gone up. And the coverage has gone down. What will you do to bring the costs down and make coverage better?
    Clinton was able to talk about the positive things, like no one can be refused cover, women can't be charged higher premiums and no more time limits whilst also acknowledging the negative effects like the rising cost of premiums. She talked about keeping the positive things from Obamacare and working on lowering the cost of premiums and the cost for small business owners. Trump just wanted to scrap it. He had no alternative.

The main difference between the two candidates I noticed was that Clinton walked over to the audience and talked to them directly. Trump seemed to direct his answers to the moderators. Trump also loomed behind Clinton when she was answering.

I don't think this format really worked at all. It was more of a 2min sound bite rather than time to actually expand on their policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.
    "I'm automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything."

Yes there are the groupie types, but the above doesn't suggest that. It flat out says what he does when he's attracted to a woman, any woman.

The 'grab them by the...' could be interpreted as a suggestion rather than an actual description of what he does, the language is ambiguous, but the above is sexual assault in many jurisdictions, including the US.

Elliott S wrote: »
    The worrying thing is that some voters will believe everything he said and never bother to check if any of it is true. So it will seem to them like he won the debate. Depressing stuff.

In fairness they will have no bearing on the election because they are guaranteed votes anyway. Goes for both sides.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement