Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,788 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Given his quotes and the fact he was married at the time and he clearly wasn't talking about his wife, yeah, creepy and entitled behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Has any woman actually come forward and detailed their experience with Trump grabbing them?

irrelevant, The comment by Trump is indicative of his attitude to women ,and that attitude says "Ill take what I want "

were he to act on his attitude he'd be in jail , but his comments remain an indication of his attitude and thats enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Elliott S wrote: »
    Well, Trump would be dishonest AND inarticulate. (He told far more lies than Clinton at last night's debate)

So what if Trump is dishonest AND inarticulate? I called him an idiot in this thread myself last night. How does that negate what I said about Obama? It doesn't.
    Also, sheeple. Lollers.

You sneer at the use of 'sheeple' but then use the expression "lollers"? Ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I just tend to avoid people who use the phrase. It's a handy way to identify idiots.

Okay, well next time I am posting a video which content I feel is relevant, and it contains the word 'sheeple', I'll contact the owner of the video and ask them to remove it first.

You, and others, must think people genuinely are stupid if you expect them to believe that your problem with that video had to do with a word in the fcuking title. It had zero to do with it. If someone posted a video referring to Trump supporters as sheeple, none of you would have given a fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

So what do you think the women in question should have done, in order to satisfy you that they were not consenting? Just out of curiosity, because the law already states that if you use your power or influence over others to gain sexual favours, that constitutes sexual assault.

That's been mentioned many times on here, but I've yet to see a single poster actually defending Bill Clinton for his actions.

Still, it's a lovely strawman, and it's the season for them after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Okay, well next time I am posting a video which content I feel is relevant, and it contains the word 'sheeple', I'll contact the owner of the video and ask them to remove it first.

You, and others, must think people genuinely are stupid if you expect them to believe that your problem with that video had to do with a word in the fcuking title. It had zero to do with it. If someone posted a video referring to Trump supporters as sheeple, none of you would have given a fcuk.

I didnt get past the stupid sheeple in the title so i have no idea what the video says. as its a video about obama i'm not sure it's even relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Shenshen wrote: »
    That's been mentioned many times on here, but I've yet to see a single poster actually defending Bill Clinton for his actions.

Still, it's a lovely strawman, and it's the season for them after all.

Exactly, attacking Trump means you condone Clinton is toys out of the pram stuff.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

You're forgetting the implication of power inherent in the action. You can use the word let and it still doesn't imply consent.

Like: "He held a knife to her throat and she let him..."

But he says it himself in any case "I just start kissing them... I don't even wait...". Wait for what? Their consent presumably. But here's an example:
    Temple Taggart, a former Miss Utah who was 21 when she met Trump in 1997, described Trump behaving exactly as he boasts in the recording. “He kissed me directly on the lips. I thought, ‘Oh my God, gross.’ He was married to Marla Maples at the time. I think there were a few other girls that he kissed on the mouth. I was like, ‘Wow, that’s inappropriate.’”

Jill Harth sued him for sexual harrassment in 1997. He did exactly the same thing as he boasted of to Billy Bush. He tried to go further with Harth than just kissing, but she struggled free.

But he just does it and they let him. :rolleyes:

is the US department of justice sufficient?
    Sexual assault is any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient.

remind me where trump said he obtained explicit consent before "grabbing the pussy"?

"Sexual assault is any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient." https://www.justice.gov/ovw/sexual-assault

"Specific laws vary by state, but sexual assault generally refers to any crime in which the offender subjects the victim to sexual touching that is unwanted and offensive." http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/sexual-assault-overview.html

"In many cases of sexual assault, a weapon is not involved. The offender often uses physical strength, physical violence, intimidation, threats, or a combination of these tactics to overpower the victim. As pointed out in Fact #4, most sexual assaults are perpetrated by someone known to the victim. An offender often uses the victim's trust developed through their relationship to create an opportunity to commit the sexual assault. In addition, the offender may have intimate knowledge about the victim's life, such as where he/she lives, where she works, where she goes to school, or information about her family and friends. This enhances the credibility of any threats made by the offender since he/she has the knowledge about his/her life to carry them out. Although the presence of a weapon while committing the assault may result in a higher penalty or criminal charge, the absence of a weapon does not mean that the offender cannot be held criminally responsible for a sexual assault."
    https://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-life/advising-counseling/personal-counseling/sarvl/general-information.cfm

Simply "letting him" does not mean it's not assault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

So what if Trump is dishonest AND inarticulate? I called him an idiot in this thread myself last night. How does that negate what I said about Obama? It doesn't.

If a president is going to be dishonest (and a YouTube video with sheeple in the title doesn't prove that, by the way), then he should at least be statesmanlike. It's quite an important trait in a president.
    You sneer at the use of 'sheeple' but then use the expression "lollers"? Ha.

I do indeed. :) Lollers can be used tongue-in-cheek and I clearly used it in that way, whereas sheeple used in a serious way (as in that YouTube video) marks the user as a complete moron, without exception.

you said that he had the consent of the women involved. Do you think he had their explicit consent before he touched them?

Once again, he was about to introduced to this woman in her workplace. This was not a night out. He was meeting her in a professional capacity. It being a soap opera set doesn't matter. It's her workplace. It is incredibly creepy.

I never said it was assault, btw.

its a video about obama i'm not sure it's even relevant.

Not sure it's relevant? It was posted in response to comments made about Obama ffs?

And yet you're the one suggesting others are idiots.

• Advertisement

I have to correct myself, it constitutes sexual harrassment :

"As defined by the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), "It is unlawful to harass a person (an applicant or employee) because of that person's sex." Harassment can include "sexual harassment" or unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature. The legal definition of sexual harassment varies by jurisdiction. ... Often, but not always, the perpetrator is in a position of power or authority over the victim (due to differences in age, or social, political, educational or employment relationships) or expecting to receive such power or authority in form of promotion."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_harassment

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Paul Ryan distancing himself from Trump and in effect telling Republican candidates for the House and Senate to save themselves.

They have pretty well conceded the WH and are now concentrating on Congress.

Not sure it's relevant? It was posted in response to comments made about Obama ffs?

doesnt make your video any more relevant.
    And yet you're the one suggesting others are idiots.

I was not suggesting. i was explicitly stating.

Well, I'm certainly not one of those people.

did she grab him by the cock? if not then she hasn't broken any laws.

He preps himself for kissing her. Talks about eating tic tacs... eats tic tacs. I suppose one could say it's simply coincidental. We can all draw our own conclusions, I guess. And people will.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Does she take a couple of Tic Tacs and say she just can't help herself and just has to start kissing him. All the time, like a magnet, she just does it.

And he lets her. :eek:

• Advertisement

I'm really curious which particular media outlet or journalist you are referring to here?
    I admit I was young at the time, but I remember it being all over the news, on every channel. On US media as well as UK, German and French media. Which was all I was watching at the time, so maybe I missed some?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement