Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

Shenshen wrote: »
    I'm really curious which particular media outlet or journalist you are referring to here?
    I admit I was young at the time, but I remember it being all over the news, on every channel. On US media as well as UK, German and French media. Which was all I was watching at the time, so maybe I missed some?

Yes, it was everywhere. Absolutely huge news at the time. But Lewinsky bore the brunt of it. And it hasn't come up much in this campaign despite Hilary standing by her husband whilst Lewinsky was mocked as joke figure worldwide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Side Gate wrote: »
    Most balanced pundits seem to be saying Trump won the debate. If Clinton can't destroy an idiot like Trump after the week he's had she's not fit to be president.

Can we have some linls to these "balanced" pundits, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Elliott S wrote: »
    Yes, it was everywhere. Absolutely huge news at the time. But Lewinsky bore the brunt of it. And it hasn't come up much in this campaign despite Hilary standing by her husband whilst Lewinsky was mocked as joke figure worldwide.

Bill isn't running for President, so I fail to see why Hilary should be judged for her husbands actions.

As for it not coming up much, well yeah, Trump (the actual candidate this time) isn't innocent in that department himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

doesnt make your video any more relevant.

You said the video was not relevant because it was about Obama..... How the hell would a video about Obama not be relevant in reply to comments about him? I mean, if it was video about Bruce Willis or Chuck Norris I could see how it wouldn't be relevant but... the very person being discussed?
    I was not suggesting. i was explicitly stating.

Well, like I said, your own comments would suggest you're not really in a position to be questioning other people's intelligence. All that is doing is playing the man rather than the ball. Give the video a watch. You might learn something. Here's one on Hillary and it doesn't even have the 'S' word.

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

So she is an accomplice for a crime (which is a hell of a stretch, as you would have not only prove that Bill was guilty, but that Hilary knew about it, and was acting as an accomplice after the fact), that no one has been found guilty of? Again, Hilary being attacked for defending her Husband, who she clearly believe to be innocent. Pretty normal thing for a spouse to do, last I checked,

Ok, by that logic, Trump is even worse, what with being accused of raping a 13 year old. Again, note I am talking about the candidate.

wes wrote: »
    Bill isn't running for President, so I fail to see why Hilary should be judged for her husbands actions.

She talks about much she cares about women, so it's pertinent that she remained quiet on the condemnation of Lewinsky but stuck by her husband.

You said the video was not relevant because it was about Obama..... How the hell would a video about Obama not be relevant in reply to comments about him? I mean, if it was video about Bruce Willis or Chuck Norris I could see how it wouldn't be relevant but... the very person being discussed?

Well, like I said, your own comments would suggest you're not really in a position to be questioning other people's intelligence. All that is doing is playing the man rather than the ball. Give the video a watch. You might learn something. Here's one on Hillary and it doesn't even have the 'S' word.

Well, in last night's debate, Hilary was far, far more truthful than Trump. When it comes to dishonesty, they aren't even in the same ballpark. Trump is fluent in dishonesty. It's what he does. If he didn't do it, he'd have nothing to talk about.

• Advertisement

She talks about much she cares about women, so it's pertinent that she remained quiet on the condemnation of Lewinsky but stuck by her husband.

Not really, when you compare it Trump talking about grabbing Women by there genitalia. Its really no business of mine how she dealt with her husbands infidelity. Also, you expect her to defend the Woman whom her Husband cheated on her with?

Basically Hilary is bad for not doing something, but Trump get a free pass for gloating about sexual assault. The amount of excuses people will come up for Trumps barrage of hatred, misogyny and racism is truly breath taking.

I get that your playing devils advocate, but I don't see the 2 being in the same ball park at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Linda Tripp who despised the Clintons long before she found out about the affair?

Not really, when you compare it Trump talking about grabbing Women by there genitalia. Its really no business of mine how she dealt with her husbands infidelity. Also, you expect her to defend the Woman whom her Husband cheated on her with?

Well, I've always been of the view that the person who took the vows is more at fault in a cheating situation where one is married and one isn't. Monica Lewinsky's life was literally ruined by the whole affair. Meanwhile, Bill is on course to be first gentleman. They were both equally involved. Does that seem right? Does it seem right that Hilary is seemingly fine with this? She doesn't need to defend Lewinsky. But she should acknowledge that two people were involved and their lives could not be more different now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Linda Tripp who pretended to befriend Monica Lewinsky then secretly recorded more than 20 hours of conversations about ML's affair with Clinton?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

what's Trump's point?

Bill did worse?
    Well he's not running.

Hillary tried to go after Monica?
    she acted like a woman scorned when her husband went off with Monica? What woman wouldn't?

Trump's tape was 10 years ago?
    Well Bill's issues were 20 years ago.

That Bill's behaviour was out of order and unpresidential?
    Agreed but they were discovered after he became President - Trump's while running for office.

Still not in the same league as Trump. Also, you are attributing a motive that is your opinion. She may well have just been defending her husband.

As for her later statements, at worse she is a hypocrite, which is a damn site better that Trump, any day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

you are doing a disservice to woman - saying that they become weak when approached by a rich man.... etc

• Advertisement

I get that your playing devils advocate, but I don't see the 2 being in the same ball park at all.

I'm not. If I was in the States, I'd be voting for Hilary. But I don't think she's above criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭Christy42

In context of just going up to someone, kissing them and grabbing their genitalia "letting" is not fighting back. Not fighting back is not consent. The fact that this needs to be explained to someone who judging by posts about their job elsewhere is an adult is beyond terrifying.

Well, I've always been of the view that the person who took the vows is more at fault in a cheating situation where one is married and one isn't. Monica Lewinsky's life was literally ruined by the whole affair. Meanwhile, Bill is on course to be first gentleman. They were both equally involved. Does that seem right? Does it seem right that Hilary is seemingly fine with this? She doesn't need to defend Lewinsky. But she should acknowledge that two people were involved and their lives could not be more different now.

Again, why would she do that? I agree Lewinsky was treated horribly, but I don't expect the wronged party to have to do anything for one of the people who wronged her.

Yes, Bill got off lightly, but you can't compare deciding to salvage years of marriage with having to publicly offering an acknowledgement of the other Woman's situation. I think that is unreasonable. If anyone should do so, its Bill and not Hillary, who was the party who was wronged by them both.

Bill was the one with power and the one who needs to acknowledge the unfair treatment of an intern after he had sexual relations with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭Christy42

I believe a trial about this is due in December about a girl who was 13 at the time of the alleged incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

It is hilarious seeing people getting so bent out of shape over Trump.

The hypocrisy being exposed is really eye opening

He has destroyed multiple lives with his dodgy business such as his scam, Trump university. Destroying peoples lives by scamming them into thinking they were getting an education that turned out to be worthless. Not paying people what they were owed. Denying housing based on race. That is off the top of my head. I could go search for more examples that I half remember, I don't see the point in doing so, but your letting Trump off rather lightly for years of scams and racism.,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Not just her apparently. And she consented...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

everlast75 wrote: »
    what's Trump's point?

Bill did worse?
    Well he's not running.

Hillary tried to go after Monica?
    she acted like a woman scorned when her husband went off with Monica? What woman wouldn't?

Trump's tape was 10 years ago?
    Well Bill's issues were 20 years ago.

That Bill's behaviour was out of order and unpresidential?
    Agreed but they were discovered after he became President - Trump's while running for office.

bill did worse - hilliary stood by and defended him
    as for monica ....she was in her early 20's and with no political/media power...the clintons waged full scale war on her using their money/power and connections...it's despicable...that's what is wrong and despicable.

Bill also paid off paula jones 800k - why? we all know why....and yet Hillary stands by him.

We have a alleged victim of Bill openly say Hillary was abusive toward her...which hasn't been denied...

That is the measure of the woman..

Trump said some stuff that was crude and vulgar...big deal.
    Clintons crimes are much worse...

• Advertisement

Oh, and then there is the racist crap with the central park 5, where the nutter Trump called for them to be executed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement