Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.
    It wasn't designed to be a mass incarceration device though. The purpose was to try and stop recidivism in young criminals. Three strikes and you're out was seen as a deterrent. The unintended consequence was that it didn't work as designed. Clinton himself says he regrets it now when he's seen how it turned out.

There was a lot of good legislation in that bill apart from the fiasco of the three strikes section and the dropping of the free university grants for prisoners.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Fox News starting to starting to pull the plug on Donald.

That's a fine bit of whataboutery there. You've managed to equate child rape with sexual harassment. This from the same guy who thinks Trump saying they 'let him do it' is consent.

Piece of work doesn't come near to describing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Side Gate

I see CNN have been caught feeding Clinton friendly answers to audience members. I hate both Trump and Clinton, two disgraceful candidates but the pro Clinton bias and spin CNN have put forward the last few weeks is unlike anything i've seen before in the western media. Put's RT to shame.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

What's Trumps view on the Death Penalty. O ya he though innocent people should have got it. One of the 5 was 15 at the time it's bad for bill to do it but fine from trump to pay for an add calling for the death penalty for a 15 year old.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I can imagine the American forefathers looking at Trump and Hillary and thinking 'where the hell did it all go wrong'.
    To imagine how the founding fathers would feel when you would have to realise that the original intention was to have the runner up as vice-president.

Side Gate wrote:
    I see CNN have been caught feeding Clinton friendly answers to audience members. I hate both Trump and Clinton, two disgraceful candidates but the pro Clinton bias and spin CNN have put forward the last few weeks is unlike anything i've seen before in the western media. Put's RT to shame.

Yes, and Fox News has been such a paragon of objectivity.

To imagine how the founding fathers would feel when you would have to realise that the original intention was to have the runner up as vice-president.

It went wrong when they ignored the founding fathers and allowed the political party system.

• Advertisement

Permabear wrote:

Did Bill pull the switch?

I think it is sick that bill Clinton stood over executions and equally think is sick that Trump called for a 15 year old to be executed, that same person was proved in 2002 to be innocent.

Bill Clinton is not standing for election but Trump is what do you think of his call to kill a child and his recent call to impose unconstitutional mandatory death penalty. It's a simple question for you as you brought up the death penalty a simple answer would be nice.

You clearly have an issue. In answer to a simple question on Trump's policy, you immediately say you disagree with him and then engage in detailed whataboutery involving Hillary Clinton, her husband or Obama.

You did it above, equating sexual harassment with child rape.

It's pathetically transparent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

There is a pretty decent documentary on Netflix at the moment that looks at the history of mass incarceration and the role various politicians and political parties played in it. I think it is called 13th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

This is from the Fox Live Blog.

October 10, 2016 1:00pm (9pm GMT)
    Poll shows Clinton up 11 percent over Trump in 4-way race

In the wake of a tape that showed Donald Trump making sexual comments about women, a new NBC/WSJ poll shows Hillary Clinton now leading the race for the White House by double digits.

The poll, taken after the release of the tape Friday but before Sunday night's debate, shows Clinton with 46 percent over Trump's 35 percent. Libertarian Gary Johnson has nine percent, while Green Party candidate Jill Stein has two percent. That gives Clinton a massive 11 point lead over Trump.

In a two-way race, Clinton's lead extends to 14 points, 52-38 percent. The poll was taken among likely voters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Watched back some of the debate. Everything Trump said was "The best, I promise you, there's going to be so many x,y,z, we're gonna do so much you're not going to believe, there's going to be x,y,z like you've never seen".

There's never any plan, it's entirely "trust me". I know politicians market and sell themselves pretty heavily but they also have to have at least a semblance of a plan to actually do something once they get into office.

I find it odd so many like him given he's essentially little more than a sleezy transparent salesman way too vocal about his racist views.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

You have 24,841 posts on boards and I'm convinced that in 20,000+ of them you mention "liberals" "the left" "feminists" etc. in some sort of derogatory manner.

It's possible to speak about a given candidate or policy without denigrating a whole section of society you know.

What is your view on Trump taking out an add to have the State kill a 15 year old boy. Stop deflecting with crap and that consent has changed in 11 years rubbish. Killing a child was wrong then and now not having valid consent is sexual assault or rape in 2005 as it is now.

To think you can grab the pussy of a women just because you are famous has always been sexual assault once acted upon.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Opinion poles might be counting on the 11% of people who might be disenfranchised as the rules on Photo ID get tougher. It could be Florida all over again.

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37569855
    Leroy has voted in every presidential election for more than 40 years, but Wisconsin's new voter ID law means that even though he's registered, he will not be able to cast his ballot without showing photo ID such as a driving licence or passport.
    a researcher at Loyola Law School found only 31 cases of credible voter impersonation that would have been stopped by such laws between 2000 and 2014 across the US, out of a billion ballots cast.
    "Estimates suggest that 11% of eligible voters in the United States lack one of the forms of photo ID that are generally required by these strict photos ID laws, and they are disproportionately black, Latino, low income, students and elderly voters."

• Advertisement

I'm condemning Trump because he called for an innocent 15 year old to be killed.

So do you think Trump is a low life animal for calling for a child to be murdered by the state. Remember he paid money for a add to call for that. Nothing but a fame whore who would kill a child for his own ends.

I know your view on the death penalty so what's your view on child killer Trump.

I think it is sick that bill Clinton stood over executions and equally think is sick that Trump called for a 15 year old to be executed, that same person was proved in 2002 to be innocent.

Clinton decided to respect the independence of the judiciary. Trump tried to influence it - in the case of the 15 year old and last night he threatened Hillary in a similar fashion.

I don't like the idea of mentally deficient people being executed but there is quite a difference between a president chosing to stay out of the legal process and one who thinks he should be part of it.

He called for a innocent 15 year old child to be executed by the State of New York.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/17/central-park-five-donald-trump-jogger-rape-case-new-york?0p19G=c

The child's name was Yusef Salaam.

Name one thing I have said trump has done that is not based on fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I find the people trying to equate Clinton and Trump, like they are somehow a tough choice, difficult to credit.

Imagine you are seeking urgent medical care for your family and there are two people offering to help. One is a qualified surgeon with 30 years of experience. Their husband cheated on them, but they didn't divorce. People think shes a little cold - if anything they complain that she has too much experience as a doctor.

The other option is the town drunk. Talks like a moron. Often starts sentences with "I'm not a racist, but..." Very confident he can do the surgery, no problem. Boasts that he has no qualifications, and says modern medicine is actually a sham - if doctors and medicine are so great how come people still die, huh? When he thinks you are not looking he tries to grope you.

It is not even close. I don't like Clinton - she is an albatross around the Democratic party, and she will be just a 1 term President. Because the Republicans have to fix their primary process after it vomited up a terrible candidate like Trump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

I deleted that as I didn't want to be jumping in on the back end of a discussion rehashing stuff btw. But since you answered..

I understand on one level it was "locker room talk". I don't think any man would be surprised or particularly shocked by what he said and it's probably pretty tame in comparison to what other famous people do and get away with. And I'm also sure there's many people in the media and elsewhere trying to paint it as many things based on whatever their agenda is including making a bigger deal out of the consent angle.

But when it comes down to it to me the comments come across more as "I grab women inappropriately and they don't do anything about it because I'm famous" rather than "When you're famous women throw themselves at you, and let you do what you want". He didn't say they were coming onto him, he said he grabbed them, kissed them and couldn't help himself and they let him do it. For someone running for president it's pretty expected those comments would be viewed as they are being viewed by people tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

But when it comes down to it to me the comments come across more as "I grab women inappropriately and they don't do anything about it because I'm famous" rather than "When you're famous women throw themselves at you, and let you do what you want". He didn't say they were coming onto him, he said he grabbed them, kissed them and couldn't help himself and they let him do it. For someone running for president it's pretty expected those comments would be viewed as they are being viewed by people tbh.

Yes, that was clearly the read: Trump was bragging about he could force himself on women and because of his status, they would have to just accept it for fear of losing their own careers. Having said it, him and Billy Bush delivered a demonstration with Arianne Zucker where they were clearly exploiting their 'star' status over her to be sleazy idiots.

This isnt a feminist consent issue - its an issue of power and exploiting that power over another individual.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement