Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭BrendaN_f

Sand wrote: »
    I find the people trying to equate Clinton and Trump, like they are somehow a tough choice, difficult to credit.

Imagine you are seeking urgent medical care for your family and there are two people offering to help. One is a qualified surgeon with 30 years of experience. Their husband cheated on them, but they didn't divorce. People think shes a little cold - if anything they complain that she has too much experience as a doctor.

The other option is the town drunk. Talks like a moron. Often starts sentences with "I'm not a racist, but..." Very confident he can do the surgery, no problem. Boasts that he has no qualifications, and says modern medicine is actually a sham - if doctors and medicine are so great how come people still die, huh? When he thinks you are not looking he tries to grope you.

It is not even close. I don't like Clinton - she is an albatross around the Democratic party, and she will be just a 1 term President. Because the Republicans have to fix their primary process after it vomited up a terrible candidate like Trump.
    ?? Absolutely bizarre post. Not sure why you've gone to the trouble of creating some inane analogy when the real situation is perfectly graspable and not at all conducive to (baffling) comparisons like the one you've made. You talk about groping, but no mention of Dr. Clinton deleting all your medical records after an inquest is launched due to medical malpractice?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

BrendaN_f wrote: »
    ?? Absolutely bizarre post. Not sure why you've gone to the trouble of creating some inane analogy when the real situation is perfectly graspable and not at all conducive to (baffling) comparisons like the one you've made. You talk about groping, but no mention of Dr. Clinton deleting all your medical records after an inquest is launched due to medical malpractice?

I've gone to the trouble because in the real situation, a minority people are going 'Hmm, I do think an unqualified, inexperienced, racist, sexist moron who has no solutions and a limited vocabulary is acceptable as President of the United States of America'

So clearly no, it cant be perfectly graspable to a minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,205 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Everyone knew Trump is a big bully who is still in shock that things are not going his own way. I am not sure what is more cringe-worthy; Trump and his hard on statements or Permabear stating that the world was a different place in 2005 where males could get away with such rubbish. I can assure you, they were called out then as they are called out now

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭BrendaN_f

Sand wrote: »
    I've gone to the trouble because in the real situation, a minority people are going 'Hmm, I do think an unqualified, inexperienced, racist, sexist moron who has no solutions and a limited vocabulary is acceptable as President of the United States of America'

So clearly no, it cant be perfectly graspable to a minority.
    That's great, but it was a terrible, irrelevant and heavily biased analogy. So pretty pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Trumplestiltstkin is a terrible debater

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.
    Lots of rules and laws make no sense until you view them through the prism of what caused them to be made.

The more ridiculous a rule looks to you, the more you realise that somebody at some point did that thing the rule is there to prevent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

BrendaN_f wrote: »
    That's great, but it was a terrible, irrelevant and heavily biased analogy. So pretty pointless.

No, it got through to you because you thought 'Hmm, I would never let Trump carry out surgery on my family. That would be crazy. He is completely unqualified.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

Trump and his hard on statements or Permabear stating that the world was a different place in 2005 where males could get away with such rubbish. I can assure you, they were called out then as they are called out now

Rubbish. Who has not made a locker room joke or responded to someones elses locker room comments / chat / banter at some stage. If thats all that can be pinned on him I would not be too worried. At least he was not like Hilaries lying cheating husband, or JFK.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,205 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

maryishere wrote: »
    Rubbish. Who has not made a locker room joke or responded to someones elses locker room comments / chat / banter at some stage. If thats all that can be pinned on him I would not be too worried. At least he was not like Hilaries lying cheating husband, or JFK.

The fact that you are not worried what Trump says or does is no great surprise especially after Farage seems to revel in it as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Says a lot more about you than Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

CNN coaching 'undecided' voters on what to say in support of Hillary:

And people tell me there is no media bias against Trump...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Ok I think Trumps impending defeat has melted his supporters brains. Seriously, even Trumps wife has denounced his comments and yet here you are still defending them???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

He cheated on his first wife with his second wife, and on his second wife with his third & current wife.

Somehow I don't think anyone on this thread has bragged at the pub or in a gym/sports club changing room about being able to get away with groping a woman because they're rich and famous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Feline Grabber

He cheated on his first wife with his second wife, and on his second wife with his third & current wife.

Somehow I don't think anyone on this thread has bragged at the pub or in a gym/sports club changing room about being able to get away with groping a woman because they're rich and famous.

It's completely normal to cheat on your wife, unless you are Clinton.

I'm starting to think Clinton was wrong about half of trumps supporters being depolarable. I doubt they have the mental capacity to manage it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Parachutes wrote: »

https://www.google.ie/search?q=cnn&oq=cnn&aqs=chrome..69i57.783j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=cnn+coaching+voters

Where's that being reported? If it was so shocking and damning surely at least Fox would be all over it.

Here's the links that you get for that search...

Reddit
    Infowars
    Newsmax
    heavy.com
    informationliberation
    conservativeoutfitters
    yournewswire
    investmentwatchblog
    regated.com

FFS, even breitbart.com aren't running with it. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Jayop wrote: »
    That's because you'd have to be brain damaged to even think anyone would believe it, never mind believe it yourself.

Billy86 wrote: »
    That's because you'd have to be brain damaged to even think anyone would believe it, never mind believe it yourself.

It's been posted on this forum many times today. Just felt someone had to provide some sort of rebuttal to it.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=cnn&oq=cnn&aqs=chrome..69i57.783j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=cnn+coaching+voters

Where's that being reported? If it was so shocking and damning surely at least Fox would be all over it.

Here's the links that you get for that search...

Reddit
    Infowars
    Newsmax
    heavy.com
    informationliberation
    conservativeoutfitters
    yournewswire
    investmentwatchblog
    regated.com

Who cares if it's not being reported, it's right in front of your very eyes!!!

And it only serves the point, why would media who are out to destroy Trump report this?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Just watched the Debate there. How the hell can any educated person support Trump. He answered absolutely nothing he was asked. The man is a complete and utter joke. Whatever Hillarys sins they absolutely pale in comparison with this odorous Oversized low IQ'ed Oompa Loompa.

Who cares if it's not being reported, it's right in front of your very eyes!!!

And it only serves the point, why would media who are out to destroy Trump report this?

Breitbart and Fox are out to destroy Trump??

LoL

• Advertisement

It's completely normal to cheat on your wife, unless you are Clinton.
    Did not a Clinton lie about cheating with Monica Lewinsky in the Presidents office, while President....and was caught out by dna stains etc

Are we still discussing Trumps words?

His wife condemned them, he apologised, Paul Ryan and others have run for the hills. That's the reaction from himself and those who should be by his side.

As for the dismissal as banter and locker room talk, what's the fun in someone saying their daughter is a fine piece of ass? Who here has had a friend say that? How did you react? I think I'd have to leave someone's company if they said it, it's just too disturbing.

No, it's not worse than decisions Bill Clinton made. But what's the relevance? We are discussing the future President, and it won't be Bill Clinton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

How is that shocking evidence of media bias or coaching ? All we hear is the tail end of a quote from Clinton about which someone then talks about.

You think these stations don't clarify what people are going to say on camera before hand ?

Edit: Actually she was just repeating the soundbite they were playing on the live feed before teeing up a question directly related to it.

LoL
    Well given Breitbart are literally a part of Trump's campaign... I rest my case.
    Billy86 wrote: »

LoL
    Breitbart could hardly be considered 'Mainstream Media'

Try:
    CNN
    ABC
    CBS
    NBC
    MSNBC
    Etc.. Etc

Even Fox is divided on Trump.

We are discussing the future President, and it won't be Bill Clinton.

And you would trust his wife, after her emails scandal?

And you would trust his wife, after her emails scandal?

I don't "trust" her, no. I don't trust any politician tbh. Do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

I don't "trust" her, no. I don't trust any politician tbh. Do you?
    No, but if the world you can pin on Trump is some locker room banter, then its not as serious as Clintons email embarassment.

• Advertisement

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.
    Hi there, just in case you missed it last time, since you criticise candidate on what they say and do, this might be of interest to you - http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1838466.1403324800!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_750/trump21n-1-web.jpg

Just curious to get your take on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement