Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Nothing in anything he said references women coming on to him though. Everything he says is the exact opposite about him making moves on women. The story about the furniture shopping actually compounds the point. He brought her shopping and "moved on her like a bitch" even though she was married. He can't help himself, he just starts kissing them, it's like a magnet, I don't even wait, they let you do it, grab them by the pussies, you can do anything etc.

It's all him making moves and women not saying no other than the one that got away. There's nothing whatsoever about women throwing themselves at him because he's famous so seems pretty clear to me what he's bragging about is the fact he can get away with making what would otherwise be considered inappropriate advances because he's a "star".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭Christy42

They let me do it is not throw themselves at me. It is much more they don't fight back.

Trump's comments absolutely suggest criminal intent. I don't even think the Trump campaign deny that. They are going with it is just words and all guys do it defense (finally insulting the only people he hadn't insulted thus far by calling every man a scumbag).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Parachutes wrote: »
    Breitbart could hardly be considered 'Mainstream Media'

Try:
    CNN
    ABC
    CBS
    NBC
    MSNBC
    Etc.. Etc

Even Fox is divided on Trump.

The point is that if it was some damming evidence they'd be running with it. Fox especially given their top anchor only this morning made accusations of media campaigns against Trump.

Anyway, this video is excellent...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154481709327674&id=390115327673

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

It's because whataboutery is such a pointless exercise.

There's a whole government apparatus including two legislative assemblies that are responsible for governing the US. Every decision a US president makes is watered down or sharpened up by the prevailing balance of power in the two houses.

It's a joke of a political system. Nobody has accountability and nobody really has power either. It's a p1ssing contest writ large.

Death by compromise.

This is very true, who ever gets elected is going to make very little difference all by themselves, they'll be a front for a elite machine..

You see it in the UK to, very little difference between a Con & Lab PM's, both follow a voodoo economics policy.

That's because in the 70's the TU's had a lot of political power which the right especially hated thats why in the 80's Thatcher & Reagan took on the unions, broke them & crippled local government as well & gave power to unaccountable "businessmen" who only have intrest in making themselves & friends richer. And why a policy of making the working & middle class borrow from banks was encouraged so they can't cause any trouble once they get into debt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

It up to you to prove your case. You have yet to do so. So again, was this the intended effect of the policy? Are there any statement by Bill Clinton to that effect?

Again, I note Bill Clinton is not the candidate.

Secondly, has Donald Trump made any proposal to end such mass incarceration of minorities? He seems to consider Mexicans to be rapists and threatend to kill the families of suspected terrorists. That is the kind of crazy insanity that Trump proposes.

Also, what about congress and the senate? Surely the legislature of the time bears some responsibility?

Interesting, so your own article seems to disprove you ascertion that mass incarceration of minorities was the intended effect of the policies of Bill Clinton (if it was the intendend effect Hillary wouldn't propose to end them then):
    Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton called Wednesday for ending “the era of mass incarceration.” Clinton’s remarks, as noted by many in the media, specifically reject the “tough-on-crime” mantra and legislation advocated by her husband during his time as president.

--SNIP--
    On Wednesday, Clinton talked about how the United States “almost 25% of the world’s prison population,” called for police to be equipped with body cameras, and discussed the issues of substance abuse and mental health. The remarks come as during protests and riots in Baltimore after the death of 25-year-old black man who died from injuries received while in police custody.

So we have a politician who recognizes that previous policies have failed. Now you seem to be claiming that this had some thing to do with race, but I see no evidence of it at all. Your own article has Hilary Clinton coming out against her Husbands failed policies, after there failure.

With Trump, we know he is a bigot, racist and and a sexist. We know that his proposed policies are motivated by that. We also know he has incredibly thin skin, and is by all accounts incompetent, as evidence by his many bankruptcys

The irony here, is I don't much like Hilary Clinton all that much, but at least she isn't a thin skinned, rabble rousing racist, sexist, bigot, like Trump. There is nothing at all to recommend Trump. The man has no principles, other than stiring up hatred and racism. He is the very definition of the elite that he pretends to rail against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

Sand wrote: »
    I find the people trying to equate Clinton and Trump, like they are somehow a tough choice, difficult to credit.

I know, right? I can't understand that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

I fail to understand why the documentary "You've been Trumped" hasn't featured either in boards.ie or in the election itself, and I fail to see how anybody having watched it could contemplate voting for Trump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

maryishere wrote: »
    No, but if the world you can pin on Trump is some locker room banter, then its not as serious as Clintons email embarassment.

Do you think men in locker rooms call their own daughters "a piece of ass"?

No locker room I've been in.

Fellows, anyone else hear anyone say their own daughter is sexy or discuss her in that manner?

Mary believes it's banter that one hears in the locker room. Mary, what locker rooms so you hear people rate their daughters? Have you heard it often? How do you react? Do you have children and would their other parent refer to them like that?

Stern - Can I say this? A piece of ass

Trump - Yeah

What are the multiple interpretations? Seems pretty straightforward to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Wikileaks are saying that they have emails showing that Saudis funded ISIS. Hilary knew about it because these same Saudis were funding the Clinton Foundation.

Yikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭dissed doc

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Wikileaks are saying that they have emails showing that Saudis funded ISIS. Hilary knew about it because these same Saudis were funding the Clinton Foundation.

Yikes.

Hmmm.... Talking brashly about women or...

being funded by the same group that are destroying the middle east, killing butchering raping thousands,...

Tough decision but I am betting media will rightly choose to ignore the link between Clinton and Isis. People who cross Clinton end up dead. People who cross Trump get fired?

dissed doc wrote: »

being funded by the same group that are destroying the middle east, killing butchering raping thousands,...

Tough decision but I am betting media will rightly choose to ignore the link between Clinton and Isis. People who cross Clinton end up dead. People who cross Trump get fired?

Hearing someone ever to their daughter as a piece of ass - startling.

Hearing someone claim they have an email that says someone somewhere gave money to 2 different people and thus this links the donees - so far, not very startling.

Does it add much to the so called "tick tock" wikileaks stuff that was definitely gonna finish her 2 or 3 months ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I think the really sad thing about this election is that it's not about either candidate's policies at this point.
    It all seems to be about who has done fewer objectionable things in their past. The mud-slinging and character assassination are drowning out and discussion on the actual issues facing the country.
    I'm actually happy I don't get to vote, as I'd hate to base my decision on that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Side Gate

If the upcoming wikileaks ISIS emails are true it's going to be hugely damaging to Clinton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

He's repeatedly said since that they were guilty including last Friday... He has not admitted any fault in his decision to attempt to get them executed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭Christy42

Side Gate wrote: »
    If the upcoming wikileaks ISIS emails are true it's going to be hugely damaging to Clinton.

I keep hearing that the next Wiki leaks is going to destroy Clinton. So far they have come with very little. The wiki leaks argument seems to be based on imagine if she did something bad, no pretend we will release proof of it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

You've completely ignored the multiple accounts of him actually doing what he said he would in the tape to women who very much did not consent, it's been pointed out to you multiple times and the relevant accounts quoted to you and you've just ignored it.

In one instance he went around kissing beauty pageant competitors backstage and in another he sexually assaulted a woman multiple times culminating in him manhandling her in to a bedroom and on to a bed. It's not a thought exercise in what he might have meant when he's actually done it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

It didn't damage GW Bush when there was direct Saudi involvement in 9/11 and financial links between the Bush family and Saudis. Direct financial links, not arms length ones. We can even go a step further to the Bin Laden family.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

With paul Ryan disassociating himself , the duck is dead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

dissed doc wrote: »

Well they might, but they've ignored the link between American governments & terrorists groups & brutal regimes in the past also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

No matter what is thrown at Trump he is still there. It has reached the point where anything else will make little difference.....ie he is a bad ass. Maybe it's the same with Clinton. Both jaded and desperate candidates and the voters could not care less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    No matter what is thrown at Trump he is still there. It has reached the point where anything else will make little difference.....ie he is a bad ass. Maybe it's the same with Clinton. Both jaded and desperate candidates and the voters could not care less.

Depends on the degree of seriousness of what is thrown at them.

Tacitly being involved with the people funding terrorism for instance is a bit worse than saying a bad thing.

In the grander scheme of things, what Trump said didn't do harm to anyone. It's just an incredibly stupid thing for a presidential candidate to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

Mr.Micro wrote: »

The people that are going to vote Trump are going to vote Trump, unless something absolutely catastrophic happens.

The people that are going to vote Hillary are going to vote Hillary, unless something absolutely catastrophic happens.

That leaves your undecided voters, of which there seem to be a number of characteristics. Low information, middle class, politically apathetic. In other words:

This is why Trump is going to win and the polls are not entirely accurate in his favor:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_desirability_bias

If you say you're a Trump supporter at work say, well the one in HR will want a word with you about you being a racist/misogynist/etc.

The debates we saw are not for Trump supporters or Hillary supporters.

They're undecideds.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭CdeC

wes wrote: »
    A lot of misogyny in that sentence. BTW, talking about sexually assaulting a Woman isn't being sexual explicit, its profoundly troubling behavior, for anyone who isn't a full on misogynist.

So you've never talked about a woman in a crude, explicit manner? Just like women have never talked about men in a crude, explicit manner?

I wish I could be like Saint Wes over here.

That's what I mean by girly men and why this is was such a blow to Trump. Holier than thou types who like to virtue signal. It's irrational, but its the kind of thing that buries elections.

If you have talked about women like the way Trump does in the video you need to take a long hard look at yourself.
    If you're a d*ckhead behind peoples backs you are still a d*ckhead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

CdeC wrote: »
    If you have talked about women like the way Trump does in the video you need to take a long hard look at yourself.
    If you're a d*ckhead behind peoples backs you are still a d*ckhead

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

This is why Trump is going to win and the polls are not entirely accurate in his favor:

Problem with that theory is all the reputable polls reporting him low are anonymous and heavily scientific ie they dont go around asking people out loud in their places of work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

More than just a whiff of delusion floating about in this thread. If you want to convince yourself that the polls are somehow off by an absolutely historic amount good for you, I look forward to the impending meltdown.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement